It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has "heckler" removed from house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So here we have the dictator Obama having an apparent heckler removed from the house for pursuing a topic that is obviously very important.
The person who named as Jennicet Gutiérrez is a transgender and was raising a question on immigrants of the LGBT community being detained. The person is clearly very passionate about the subject and kept pushing the point.
Obama responded not with the understanding expected of the president but one of my way or the high way. He was praised with chants of Obama Obama and we love you. Finally with the statement of if you can eat the hors de'oeuvres and drink the booze then you must respect HIS house rules. Then she was removed.

I'm not condoning the manner about which this person pushed the point but it is clear people have had enough of the dancing around questions. Obama should have handled this better. It's fine if people are shouting out praise and the adoration he laps up. But if it's not then you will be silenced and removed. Finally does he not remember it is US not him who pays for booze and food and it's not his house. We have put him there to serve us and answer to us. Not when he is held accountable to remove us like it didn't exist.

Another insight into the dictatorship or just someone being a troublemaker? Trouble is hard to define for each individual.link

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Maybe he will not comment on something he does not know the facts about?.
I think it isn't the right way to go about it but maybe because she did it he will have a look so...maybe all will end up ok.

What sickened me more was the sea of smart phones....

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

It was a heckler, interrupting the Presidents speech....Of course she was removed...What would you expect would happen?I've seen hecklers removed for interrupting things of far less importance than a Presidential speech. You don't just start shouting things during someones speech. She may have been calling attention to a very real problem, but she was going on about it the wrong way.

I'd say that in this case the President (or anyone else dealing with the same problem) was totally justified in telling the person off, and asking security to remove her.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

Yeah as us Brits say "It just isn't cricket".

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Maybe he will not comment on something he does not know the facts about?.
I think it isn't the right way to go about it but maybe because she did it he will have a look so...maybe all will end up ok.

What sickened me more was the sea of smart phones....

the topic of the entirety of the gay debate (transgender, bi, whatnot) is not something he's not versed in. None of them are that ignorant, they are all well aware of things, but they remain purposefully ignorant to keep the otherwise ignorant voters in check.

Show any sort of compassion or genuine concern for the issue is political suicide.

to say he has no idea of the topic, is to ignore it's something he's been dealing with and wanting to squash for a long time..
edit on 25-6-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

He was hosting a summit on pride month. He should know the facts and figures on most issues surrounding the LGBT community. As shown his record in this field is poor to be kind. If he isn't doing his job to know the response to satisfy the question then HE should be removed.

It's OK if he eats the food and drinks the booze. Because it's our HOUSE he is in.
What sickened me were the audience members instead of listening to the importance of the questions they started the we love you chants.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Thing is if anyone hecklers any president they normally get removed or ignored.

How many politicians stop their speech to respond to hecklers?.

Mud slinging at best tbh.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

He was hosting a summit on pride month. He should know the facts and figures on most issues surrounding the LGBT community. As shown his record in this field is poor to be kind. If he isn't doing his job to know the response to satisfy the question then HE should be removed.

It's OK if he eats the food and drinks the booze. Because it's our HOUSE he is in.
What sickened me were the audience members instead of listening to the importance of the questions they started the we love you chants.

Was it question and answer time? No? Then it's inappropriate to interrupt someone who is trying to make a speech. That's just simple courtesy, and good manners.

She may have been asking an important question...But there's a time and a place. In the middle of someones speech, isn't it. She's not bringing any good exposure to the issue either, as most people in the audience treated her like a rude troublemaker (which is, indeed how she was acting)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

What sickens me sometimes is people who won't just say they don't like Obama and leave it at that. He was being heckled in the middle of a speech - it doesn't matter about the validity of the point the heckler was making, as others have said it wasn't the right time to ask questions, although I'm not quite sure I could actually make out any questions.

I thought he handled it really well and gave the heckler plenty of opportunities to quite down before asking for them to be removed, and that was the best approach - believe it or not, the others in the room weren't there to listen to a drama queen have their five seconds of fame.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hecklers are just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and it's disrespectful of the OFFICE of President, not the current guy. That being said, it's OUR HOUSE, not his house.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So here we have the dictator Obama having an apparent heckler removed from the house for pursuing a topic that is obviously very important.

No, we have the President of the United States having an OBVIOUS heckler removed after several polite attempts to let her know that her behavior was not appreciated in his house, regardless of the subject.

He handled it with class and humor.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969 I watched the video. Obama was very patient, tried to be light heated about it but the heckler really went too far.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
Hecklers are just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and it's disrespectful of the OFFICE of President, not the current guy. That being said, it's OUR HOUSE, not his house.

It's the official residence of the US president - kind of means that while he's in office that it is his house in that sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The President is a 'dictator' ??

How?

That is a very daft thing to say about someone who had a heckler removed.

Dictators usually have hecklers shot and tortured last I checked.

Same old 'Obama' (negative connotation included) bashing. made up of exaggerated and sensationalized non-issues.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
The President is a 'dictator' ??

I call that Obama Drama.

new topics

top topics

join