It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP photo of gun pointing at Ted Cruz’s head stirs outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just as the headline reads. Ted Cruz's photo was snapped at a 2nd Amendment rally, and the image of a gun in the background appears to be pointed at his head.

When is this craziness going to stop? If someone hadn't pointed it out to me, I'd think it was a fairly good photo of Ted Cruz. From the article:

On Saturday, during a “Celebrate the 2nd Amendment" event at CrossRoads Shooting Sports in Johnston, Iowa, Cruz was photographed speaking to a small group of supporters. In five photos published by the Associated Press, images of guns — which were on posters hanging on an adjacent wall — appeared to be pointed at the Republican presidential hopeful’s head.

Source

Really? We're banning flags and getting worked up over some stupid photos of Ted Cruz. Who are these ardent "Social Justice Warriors" causing us all headaches with their constant political correct trolling? Why are we letting things like these photos become news?

This is getting insane, and I fear it only will get 10 times worse before the next presidential election.
edit on 24-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Just as the headline reads. Ted Cruz's photo was snapped at a 2nd Amendment rally, and the image of a gun in the background appears to be pointed at his head.

When is this craziness going to stop? If someone hadn't pointed it out to me, I'd think it was a fairly good photo of Ted Cruz. From the article:

On Saturday, during a “Celebrate the 2nd Amendment" event at CrossRoads Shooting Sports in Johnston, Iowa, Cruz was photographed speaking to a small group of supporters. In five photos published by the Associated Press, images of guns — which were on posters hanging on an adjacent wall — appeared to be pointed at the Republican presidential hopeful’s head.

Source

Really? We're banning flags and getting worked up over some stupid photos of Ted Cruz. Who are these ardent "Social Justice Warriors" causing us all headaches with their constant political correct trolling? Why are we letting things like these photos become news?

This is getting insane, and I fear it only will get 10 times worse before the next presidential election.

I read about this earlier. While I am SURE that was exactly what they were going for by publishing only those pics, it is a REALLY stupid thing to argue over.

Who really cares? Tired of all this PC crap.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The only outrage is that Cruz is still a figurehead and a media go to for "news".

Let this antiquated fool who is derelict of grey matter disappear into nothingness.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Wonder how much outrage we'd see if it was the POTUS in that photo?

100% guarantee snip would be hitting the fan!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is a gun on a poster.... what could people vbbe mad about ...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

In a statement, the Associated Press said the images “were not intended to portray Sen. Cruz in a negative light.”

Yeah... right

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I just can't help but think there are a TON of other news-worthy things out there.

Well, I suppose I'm not exactly helping the situation, but I wanted to draw attention to this due to how insane it is. I can't even watch the news, listen to the radio or open up my browser without be ASSAULTED by idiocy.

I feel as if the entire world has lost their collective minds and are becoming little meme-munching robots. I refuse to post memes as a reply to a Facebook comment. It's not cute, it's not funny, it shows a lack of intelligence and tact. What is even worse is when people just post a screen shot of a meme from their phone. They're to lazy to appropriately post a photo.

As each day goes by I feel less and less connected to my fellow human beings, as they seem to become more and more robot-like in their behavior. I swear at times Siri seems to feel more human than the people I see walking on the sidewalk downtown.

We are becoming robot-like, and our robots are becoming human-like. We are getting so afraid to have new ideas and thoughts because it may upset someone else.

The human species did not innovate or get to where it is now by tip-toeing around. We are going to descend into stagnation and decay if we allow ourselves to give in to politically correct fear. We have to be able to say how we feel and express ourselves and deal with the consequences.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I can see what all the fuss is about.....That gun could have went off and killed someone!!

Let's ban gun posters now also....

What if they had a picture of hiroshima on the wall? That nuke could have blown up all those people at the rally....Whew...Made it out just in time, and safe to boot.... (/sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's the Sarah Palin cross hairs fiasco, all over again, only the "other side" is outraged now. So tiring!

Source

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Coincidence is hilarious.

That's some ironic stuff right there. Sort of like the NRA is telling him..yeah..go ahead and say something Cruz, we dare you.

HA.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I do not see the big deal, the Associated Press obviously released it to garner attention which is their wont, mission accomplished.

People are so easily whipped into a frenzy sometimes.

link   
There are people starving and dying all around the world, and we're upset over a photo?

Wow, we really do live in some kind of bizaro world when something like this consumes and occupies so much time from the media.

As I said -- my drawing attention to it isn't helping, but I'm doing so only to show the pure insanity that has taken hold of Western culture.

link   
Could the AP be using suggestive photography?

Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Could the AP be using suggestive photography?

Yeah, that is the whole point of framing photos in that nature, it is whether or not you allow that suggestion to wind you up.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me in the least.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

The gun isn't real,

it's only a picture.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe Ted Cruz isn't real either.

Who knows?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why would I even care?

It's a picture on a wall. Not a real gun.

Come get me when someone actually points a gun at him...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: ugmold

The gun isn't real,

it's only a picture.

Probably why I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Doesn't bother me in the least.

Blurry, but looks like a SIG. I could use another one. Maybe a trip to the old gun store this weekend.

new topics

top topics

join