It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official World is Ending Worst Ways For It to happen.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Perhaps worse way to live is to live fearing death so the worse death is one where you die before your dead.

Dude, you're so deep I can't even see you anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hardly 90%.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Have you even seen a trickster with the thorncrown on his head. He doesnt give a sh*t about Humans and their ideals.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh I pulled that number out of my ass, but looking at what the scriptures demand and how most people I meet and interact with act, I think it is a safe number to bet. If anything, it's probably too low.

Though regardless of what that percentage would really be if god and Christianity is real, the fact that even ONE human would be punished in such a way is terrifying. Eternity is MUCH longer than the 70 or so years we exist on earth. That is an AWFUL long time to pay for such a short period of heathenism.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think that some kind of galactic event would be pretty horrible. Say something nudges earth orbit and shifts it toward or away from the sun. Or a small black hole just sort of drifts into the area of our solar system. Or a rogue brown dwarf.

Basically something we can see coming and it takes a looong time to really play out. We know it's going to end, not today, tomorrow, next year or in four or even five, but before maybe we die ... and we're doomed, our kids are doomed, and we all get to watch the slow ride with slow changes to the end.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We wouldn't see a black hole until it is too late. Black holes are invisible. We can only see them due to gravitational lensing, but if a black hole is dormant, then we'll never see it until it is right on top of us. All of a sudden our solar system would start being sucked into it. Also, a Gamma Ray Burst is another example of something hitting us that we wouldn't know about until it is too late. You'd just see a REALLY bright flash then the world would be sterile (if anything that is probably the easiest way for the world to end, no pain and it is over in a literal flash).

NOW a rogue planet on the other hand. THAT could be a problem such as you are describing. We would start noticing it as it started to sling shot comets out of the Oort Cloud. Then as it got closer, it would start sling shotting planets. Until finally Earth is caught in its gravity and has its orbit destabilized.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh, but I think we'd start to feel the effects of a black hole even if we didn't know for sure what was going on. You're right it would be too late by the time we figured it out, but the point is not to save ourselves. Right?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well it may end up having a similar effect as a rogue planet or rogue star in that we'd notice HUGE gravitational disturbances in the Oort cloud, followed by disturbances in the outer solar system. I guess it really all comes down to how fast the black hole is moving, how big it is, and how quickly its gravitational pull starts to affect the entire solar system.

At least with a rogue planet, it reflect sunlight, so we'd eventually be able to see it. And a rogue star would be clear as day (literally speaking).

I, personally, think that galactic and universal extinction events acted upon the Earth would be over too quickly for us to worry about them killing us upon discovering their threat. It's the local ones that kill us much slower that we should worry about. Something like a supervolcano erupting and causing a natural nuclear winter which slowly strangles the world's food supplies.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I'd think something that takes just long enough for you to be aware of it, and then gives you enough time to ponder your own death would be the scariest way to go: I'm thinking on a celestial scale: Sun going supernova, black hole entering the system, gamma ray burst, heck even a large asteroid coming in.

-foss

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm with works4dhs... any kind of geologic incident that throws trillions of tons of smoke and ash so high in the air as to choke out the sunlight, scares the bejesus out of me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieWoof

This thread was calling for the worst ways to go, not the most awesome.

Imagine the skies without all the light pollution. That alone would make it worth it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
a reply to: intrptr

You know,I always wondered about that poor chap.That apparently no-one knew that the water going away meant it was coming back really,really quickly still astounds me.I don't know why he turned around before it hit…he certainly wasn't trying to run away.

If I remember he was a teen, native to the island and went down to the beach because there were fish flopping around.
I'm almost positive when he heard the wave, looked up and saw it, he turned the way you do when you realize you can't get away , like being tied to the tracks when a train is coming.

Cringe, this is going to hurt…

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join