It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Prepares Its 172,000 Civilian Ships for War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul
If/when this New Silk Road takes off I have no idea what the USA's reaction will be. The TPP was just a start.

The new Silk Road is just a trade route, wrapped up in spin. The early stages of this involve consolidating trade routes and the recent surge of nationalist stupidity by China in the South China Sea is a start. It is not the reaction of the US that China needs to worry about, it is the reaction of those countries that China must depend on to allow schemes like the new Silk Road to work, and if China acts belligerently, then they won't work.

I bet Taiwan is comforted by the news that China wants to create the mechanics for one vast fleet of transports!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A few strong winds will take care of their 'made in China' ships.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Think it's fair to say that unless you are country with an ongoing land/island dispute with China, the chances of them using their Naval assets on you are quite low unless you attack them first.

Terrible human rights record but one of the less conquest driven actors on the stage.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
Terrible human rights record but one of the less conquest driven actors on the stage.

Unless you are Tibet, or the South China Sea, or Arunachal Pradesh, or Korea, or Vietnam or several other places where China is, and has flexed their military muscle. China’s PR machine paints the picture of the Chinese being peaceful crowd, but history begs to differ.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JeanPaul

I'M not attacking I'M recivingTHEN attacking.
China can't start,prosecute or WIN a world war,enough with the 'Chicken Little" Immitations.
If THE US doen't WANT to destroy the world it WON'T be destroyrd WE won't let it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

So 'if' China puts the 'best' surface to air missiles....?

170.000 plus ships??? Come on, relax man, 'if' my aunt had cojones, she'd be my uncle.

The day that China has that many ships-not mention docking space to handle that ridiculous number- it would have been long over for the U.S. as a threat to China. They'd have already won...

Currently, China is NOT a direct threat to the U.S.. We will let them have the islands is the South China Sea....after the appropriate sabre rattling to appease our allies in the region, let them develop the vast oil reserves as it will stabilize China's oil supplies and, hence, their economy, of which is required to stabilize the world economy...therefore the U.S.'s. PERIOD.

Down the road? Who knows? My point is why worry about it? We have our own issues that could bring down what's left of this nation long before China acts.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

What happens when a speeding car his a brick wall? No one comes out looking good.

Well no but the Brick wall(America) tends to come out a lot better than the speeding car... That's why when they do crash tests, the walls tend to get reused, the cars only last once.

So to further the analogy... China would last for one war and do a lot of devastation(maybe) America will still be there standing if slightly bruised.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Time to dust off the Mk 48 ADCAP assembly line.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: JeanPaul
If/when this New Silk Road takes off I have no idea what the USA's reaction will be. The TPP was just a start.

The new Silk Road is just a trade route, wrapped up in spin. The early stages of this involve consolidating trade routes and the recent surge of nationalist stupidity by China in the South China Sea is a start. It is not the reaction of the US that China needs to worry about, it is the reaction of those countries that China must depend on to allow schemes like the new Silk Road to work, and if China acts belligerently, then they won't work.

I bet Taiwan is comforted by the news that China wants to create the mechanics for one vast fleet of transports!

It's much more than a trade route. China plans on getting into the development business with the AIIB (bank). They want to lead development along the trade route, which would boost their economy into a whole new realm.

hbr.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'M not attacking I'M recivingTHEN attacking.
China can't start,prosecute or WIN a world war,enough with the 'Chicken Little" Immitations.
If THE US doen't WANT to destroy the world it WON'T be destroyrd WE won't let it.

The person I was quoting was advocating a situation where the US shoots lasers at China.

I don't think all out WW3 is on the horizon. I think more proxy wars could be around the corner though.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: MrSpad

Yep, all totally normal. We get it.

Normal for most countries. New for China, which is odd since you would think the Soviets would have suggested this back in the 50s and 60s. Just for basic natural disasters if your river transport are not up to snuff to carry military equipment then you lose a huge ability to respond. We started the Merchant Marine Academy in 1943 so most US flagged ships are not only capable of being used by the military during time of war they already have officers on them trained to work with the military. I would expect that will be what China does next.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes I MENTIONED thar we would see what lasers do NOT go so.
WE don't shoot first.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join