It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Objects Found In Space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Anyone notice the colliding galaxies in 42:87? on the left hand side of the picture? looks like a small local group of galaxies.
As for the hairs on the lens, long thin gas filaments?
I am no fan of Dyson spheres, the inside would cook eventually. Possibly long before 'they' finished building it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So a new member starts a thread with a sensationalized, clickbait title, and provides several links to what is presumably their blog, where they have blatantly obvious pictures of a scratch on a lens, hair, and reflections, and nobody else sees a problem with it?

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

originally posted by: jaws1975
Op one of the things you will learn here very quickly is that no matter how convincing or intriguing a picture is, it will never ever be something other than a lens flare, hair, dead pixel, bird, etc etc. There is absolutely nothing in this universe that is beyond our understanding, and having an open mind is for wackjob, tinfoil hat wearing, crazy conspiracy theorist. Ok?

/sarc

Cool pics!

Agreed.
And what an absolute shame it is.

Perhaps what truly is beyond our understanding is so far beyond it that we just haven't found it yet, let alone confused it for something else.

I don't mean aliens just waiting to be found by seti listeners or by space probes, I mean aliens whom're not even living in this dimension. So until we can travel between dimensions, we'll never meet them. Or maybe they live inside dark matter or a black hole. We can't even see them yet, so there's no possibilty of confusing them for "dead pixels".
edit on 22-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The last picture is quite cool. Anyone know what they could be? Hard to think it's an issue with the lens considering the number of them and how spread out they are.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

Interesting. The 3rd link one does look like it could be just a nebula,

Some of the ones in the last link are quite interesting. If not photo artifacts could be possibly Dyson Spheres.

Nice find !

They all look like nebula in some fashion, the blue ones look to be maybe caused from the telescope.

edit on 22-6-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted
The last picture is quite cool. Anyone know what they could be? Hard to think it's an issue with the lens considering the number of them and how spread out they are.

Internal reflections from whatever instrument took the photo. The fact that they're in the same configuration, with the same spacing between them in multiple images of different areas is a dead giveaway.

Without knowing anything about the setup that took the pictures, I can't say for sure what exactly they're reflections of, but my guess would be mounting points for one of the mirrors...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I dont understand why a person with their mind already made up about there not being any other sort of intelligent life in the universe, would even come to a thread like this just to shoot down the OP.

kind of wierd that someone with that mind type would join a community like his in the first place.

Why is arguing with ones own shadow "weird"?

Nice to see you again! /wave

(post by Swurve removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParadoxicalMan

What are you thoughts?

Subjective analysis from 1 would be:

-The linear patterns are possible natural or artificial wormhole or wormhole traces if not hair?

-Spherical objects, unsure if viewing equipment technology scopes are capturing 100% of possible observable image capture.

Dyson sphere assembly either Star with multiple stars some inhabitable some not that may be used to power -move and sustain the Dyson sphere assembly.

The stars may be of different variety from magnetar that can be used for Dyson sphere assembly pull push gravity electromagnetism energy (keeping group together) to brown and white dwarfs / neutron star Dyson sphere assembly plasma field generators.
Other Dyson sphere may be Star with planets & moons some (inhabited) some used to maintain different functions.

Dyson sphere may appear as large moving star cluster.
But nearing a smaller planet or star system, only the explorer type brown dwarfs may be detected first before other larger components move into visual perspective.
For the size of the Dyson sphere assembly may be larger then a star system like SOLsystem & smaller components like moons, comets & asteroids may accompany it and may attach themselves into gravitational pulls of nearing celestial objects of a star system.
So new planets moons and even stars may enter visual perspective of encountered group.

-The linear rainbow images if not some equipment failure artifacts may be possible movement captures of some objects artificial or natural.
Moving at different paces but close to same speeds and so visual spectrum of viewing technology scopes capturing blurs of multiple objects moving at fast paces.

1 keeps an open mind that these images shared may all be explainable.

Nice share ParadoxicalMan

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ParadoxicalMan

Those thread like anomalies are obviously the energy ribbon called 'the Nexus'...they made it for the Star Trek film 'Generations' but couldn't stop it travelling on through space, on account of it being a massive energy laden, inter-dimensional gateway able to cut through time and space.

It just keeps going and going...but there's nothing to worry about as can be clearly seen, we're keeping a close eye on where it goes.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ParadoxicalMan

"Massive Objects Found In Space" or tiny objects close up, how about more info on them? what equipment was used what were they recorded on. digital, film or glass plate, how generations old are the images, scanned. photo-copyied- cut n pasted etc. it all adds to the displayed image.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

You put that perfectly. It's impossible to transmit proof or truth here by way of vids, pics or anything else. So the easy position is to dismiss it all with a wave of the hand.
I read here because of the many people who Present ideas and experiences. It fascinating stuff. They're interesting, those who challenge the conventional and the mundane. Not so interesting are those who win the day with "prove it" or by acting the part of Master of the Universe, condescendingly putting all matters to rest.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParadoxicalMan
I was looking over photographs of Star clusters when I came across these weird looking objects:

GSC 00154-02370

2MASS J06302999+0452532

NGC 1097

[HHH98] V1

What are you thoughts?

If these have been found before I plead ignorance.

Everything you need answers to on these pics you will actually find in Star Trek: Next Generation.

No jk take a look

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
the first post in that blog is an identical copy of this thread

I'll leave it up to the members to come to a conclusion about the photos but that first blog post, and our thread on the very same topic, should be considered.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

I was just about to ask when he was going to upload the full video of the "disco" ufo!!!

I remember that thread well lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What i can say about the pictures at least the last one V1 is the secondary mirror showing on the primary one, that blob with a cross is a sign that this pictures were taken with a Newtonian telescope type, when you dont put the right distance between your camera (Whatever CCD type or CMOS) with the secondary mirror (or shadow is showed of the spider and secondary) gives this effect on the pictures, the rest could be yes some hairs on the primary that could be deal with dust blower, the focus is all right and collimation looks right, this is a Newtonian telescope with i think a fast mirror ( F/4 or F/5) .

You need fast mirrors to prodces this type of images,the focal ratio is what makes the vast perspective or local perspective, so a fast mirror is between F/1 to F/6 above that F/10 or more is a slow mirror and really bad for taking pictures of deep space objects (or DSO's). F/1 to F/6 are good for galaxies and star clusters but not so good for planets, F/10 to F/15 is real good for planetary photos but real bad for DSO's.

The only picture i see interesting is the 2MASS ONE, THE BLACK BLOB LOOKS INTERESTING at least for me ,but again if i can see some dust problems and bad positioning of the CCD cam (showing the spider and secondary mirror) then i cant say these are more related with normal telescope problems that massive objects in the nightsky.

Thats my take on this pictures, my final veredict this are more realted to bad camera placement showing the shadow of the secondary on the primary mirror, some dust on the mirror and error in post-processing the picture than something real.
edit on 22-6-2015 by AlexDJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Space swamp gas.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Any Larry Niven fans? The last pics look like the Puppeteer home world fleet of five planets ...heh.

As for the rest, well, we've rarely seen some (so far) unexplained things through telescopes... but I'd need more information before agreeing that anything here is a true mystery... they look too irregular, like nebulae, and the few that look artificial look like reflections...

that said, there sure will be some huge surprises waiting for us out there... if we live long enough to find out.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The same artifact appears in a lot of the photos. Looks like a thread or hair. Same colour in each photograph.
Could be water vapour for the first one.
Who knows

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks strange. It possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join