It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your victim status?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Logarock
It would seem that to get any empathy for injustices you have to fit the accepted list of folks allowed to complain.

Would you mind elaborating on that list?

It seems some of you are skirting all around what you're really trying to say, without really saying it... Why is that? What are you (and the OP perhaps) afraid to say?

I saw the clowns at the circus when just a small boy. They were happy and fascinating. Very impressive. One even made a balloon cat fro my sister. Later as I walked through the tents in the back I came upon a bunch of clowns drinking, smoking, using foul language and playing cards. One said to me "What the f you looking at you little mf'er? Get your dumbass ota here before we feed you to a lion".

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

So, I asked you to elaborate on the list you were referring to...

originally posted by: Logarock
It would seem that to get any empathy for injustices you have to fit the accepted list of folks allowed to complain.

Are you saying that "little boys" or "clowns" are on the list?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

I feel like reading your post was not only an act of "microaggression" but of all out warfare.
Please tell me where I can get counseling for this tumult I have endured.
-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I am a lover of good humor, but I am actually trying to learn something here. But thank you for your input.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Actually, the possible issues are all-inclusive, I suppose.
microaggression

This is something I truly don't understand. I'm not trying to make a joke of this. I'm not trying to deny this. I want to learn.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm a victim of the truth, working out my karma over millions of lifetimes.
Pursued, alternately, by God and Satan.
In the end, will the victim win?
Will truth prevail? or will the thread snowball into a Gordian knot or a rats nest.

edit on 21-6-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well, that clearly shatters the illusion. And while that can be a harsh reality for a child, and I'm sure it ruined the curcus, I do believe that reality is a much more valuable lesson than fantasy.

But, according to the current narrative, I'm probably very wrong for thinking so. I'm honestly lost as to where society is going.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why is this thread in the conspiracy section?

Shouldn't it be in another section?

Sure, it may be an important topic, but not related to any conspiracies, and probably better discussed on other websites like Huff Po or a slew of others.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yes, the system being micro-aggression. I'd take it a step further and say legal systems around the world are built on countless millions of micro-aggressions against individuals. "Do X or you will be fined, don't pay you're fine and we'll issue an arrest warrant, don't cooperate with you're arrest and we'll physically drag you out to court, don't allow yourself to be dragged out and we'll hit you with a club, don't let us hit you with a club and we'll shoot you dead".

All that micro-aggression, and lethal aggression, would be fine if people actually agreed to those terms. They don't. Only the ruling minorities of the Republics make these rules. The rest of us never asked for these rules.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
I am actually trying to learn something here.

And if you would be clear about what you're trying to learn instead of asking a totally general question, maybe you'd actually LEARN it.

I looked up "microaggression" because I didn't know what it meant.

Microaggression is a form of unintended discrimination. It is depicted by the use of known social norms of behavior and/or expression that, while without conscious choice of the user, has the same effect as conscious, intended discrimination.

So, it would seem you ARE talking about victims of discrimination. ANYONE who has a gender, a race, a religion or is of an age can not be LEGALLY discriminated against. In some states, if they have a sexual orientation (gay, straight or bisexual) or a gender identity (male or female, regardless of body parts) they are also protected in that state.

I have experienced intended and unintended discrimination based on my gender and my race. But I don't consider myself a victim, because gender and race have equal legal rights in every state. My gender is not hassled by the law enforcement authorities. My gender is not murdered in groups in the US. My race doesn't have a history of being owned in the US. So, I'm not a victim of anything that doesn't apply to everyone else, as LightSpeedDriver clearly illustrated in their post. I think the use of the phrase "What is your victim status" is confusing and too general without more explanation.

I see now that you're talking about racism. Thanks for the link. I like this quote:

Nothing says we don’t give a crap about black history more emphatically than flying a Confederate flag, as it does in South Carolina’s capitol, enforced by state law. To claim it’s there to honor the state’s past is like Germany hoisting the swastika above a synagogue to honor its past of making Volkswagens.

edit on 6/21/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I can't help but laugh any time I read the term micro aggression. Freaking liberals man.

Im a victim of the stupid who as a collective perpetually endorse an inept and inneffiecient governent that steals more than half of my family's money.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The very first time I was a victim was the day I was born here. The hospital gave me a staph infection and I almost died.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm a victim of old age and gravity, but other than that I'm good.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Its easy to complain about nothing. Hard to endure great tribulation. I got it pretty good, because of my low expectations.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

You could kill these?

I doubt anyone besides the truly depraved could take an innocent life for the fun of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior
You're only a victim if you yourself perceive yourself as a victim.

On a regular basis I find myself in situations where it could be perceived someone is attempting to victimise me through discrimination, attempted harassment, etc.

I just let it roll off me. Most of the kick people get out of that treatment is when the person they are victimising self identifies as a victim and gets all het up about it....to no avail. That's when they really get their rocks off.

Deny the victimisation and they soon turn their attentions to others especially if they have already identified other individuals as willing 'victims' psychologically.

It's like being offended. It's an internal psychological trait that the outside world can only try to influence. It can try to offend you......but if your not offended it isn't offensive
–+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What do you consider that being victimized in the first place? To have the constant Curiosity of the event that previously just occurred being a natural act of the environment ,your life ,or as intentional? Regardless of what it really is, this wondering of what happened is not natural in the way that it was made aware to you, not by God or religion. This constant pondering eats away at some people you know. Then you may also have to deal with the fact that someone may be playing God with your life. Or not.-- that is what I call being made a victim, or at least a little bit. --- and if you do not consider them or yourself a victim, what about the children suffer with schizophrenia??? Are they past life people and you can put it away just like that? Especially with the knowledge and possibilities of today's technology? And there's so much more to mention but I will stop there

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe it's okay to be a victim. We're all a "victim" of something, surely. The old adage of "You're only a victim if you let yourself believe it" does nothing but pushes true victims to deal with their issues alone.

Now, I'm not saying everyone should use victimization as an excuse for their problems, but there are truly lots of situation where a person becoming a victim of violence, abuse, rape, racism, etc. will affect them for the rest of their lives. There shouldn't be shame in that.

With the growing awareness concerning mental wellness, I hope stigmatization will lessen to the point where "victim status" can be openly discussed as something to work on, not just a label.

Personally, I see myself as a victim of my mothers ridiculously poor parenting skills. As an adult, I can no longer say that her decisions affect me, as I've grown past them, and worked through them. That being said, as a child, and into my late teens, her decisions and actions as a parent affected me greatly. I think it's okay to say that I was a victim of that situation, even though I no longer am.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You are fairly thick sometimes.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Well, that clearly shatters the illusion. And while that can be a harsh reality for a child, and I'm sure it ruined the curcus, I do believe that reality is a much more valuable lesson than fantasy.

But, according to the current narrative, I'm probably very wrong for thinking so. I'm honestly lost as to where society is going.

I was simply trying to communicate that much is not what it appears on "stage" if you will. And one would ask how does this fit the topic? Well just look how the victim card is presented and then how its played to hustle. And the victim card, victim status, is really decided by the official victim status people. And in order to have that some must be denied victim status. The fact that we could all claim some sort of victim status then is really not what victimhood is all about. You gots to have victimizers and official victimizers otherwise there is no hustle.

And so, like the clowns, they are one thing in public and another in private.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: MoreBeer
As part white male, I am not allowed to be a victim of anything no matter how henious.

We are perpetrators of all that is evil and unjust in the world according to pc speaking idiots.

Oh, boo-hoo! MoreBeer, your race, religion, age and gender are protected. You cannot be legally discriminated because of those things... So if your suggestion is that white males aren't protected, it's BS. You belong to several protected groups.

originally posted by: MoreBeer
I'll leave the pity party for others more qualified to play victim.

You've clearly invited everyone to YOUR pity party. "Boo-hoo! I'm a white male! I'm NOT ALLOWED to be a victim!"

See? I think you just perpetrated a microaggression against MoreBeer by not being sensitive to his pain.

If he wasn't a victim of anything before, he is certainly a victim of your derisive passive aggressive hostility now.
edit on 21-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join