It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with having "red light districts" in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
In Japan there is a brothel in almost every neighborhood.

They are not seen as dirty, and even culturally accepted.

They're usually too expensive though..

They are regulated/protected by the yakuza in most cities. Also VD clinics are busy on Mondays and Tuesdays.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It promotes human trafficking.

At least that's what the military said when Bush made whoring around an actionable offense.

And it applies to you as a contractor, as well. You get caught in a brothel, it can be adios muchacho.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Christians, is my one word answer

Wow, what a completely ignorant and uneducated thing to say. Ironic considering you are bashing Christians for supposedly being ignorant and uneducated. There is real societal pressure to make the footprint and far reaching effects of prostitution minimal. (Spread of disease, safety of the prostitutes from criminals and psychopaths, etc.)

originally posted by: musicismagic
I just don't get it. Man wants to pay and woman wants to make a living. What is wrong with that. Isn't it legal in Nevada?

Someone has probably already got it, but Prostitution is only legal in Nevada in counties with less than like 75,000 people or something like that.

As for the first part, I'm kinda meh, about the whole prostitution issue. If it is legalized, it needs to be taken off the street and put into a tightly controlled situation, like brothels. Prostitutes should also (obviously) be tested frequently for STI's and other diseases/infections, at least once a week. To cut back on the spread of disease, I also think "patrons" should also be regulated very tightly. Prostitutes should be thoroughly tested, as should the customers BEFORE they are allowed to use the brothel. I would go so far as to even restrict, through use of a central database, customers from visiting any brothel within a state to once a week. (Their are unfortunately freaks out there who would infect themselves w/ HIV just to visit a brothel to expose other people to it.) I might even suggest a small blood sample (enough to test for STD's) every time they visit the brothel so any diseases are preserved and it's spread tracked. This way if someone is found to be sick but maybe they didn't know it or hadn't manifested any symptoms yet, and uses the services of a prostitute which sickness she may spread to another customer, it can be caught and cross examined with all customers she has had. This could also be used for any crimes, such as people who may intentionally infect themselves with a disease and spread it to a brothel. This evidence they take before the service is rendered could be used in their conviction.

This is all I could think of off the top of my head. If it became popular enough it could potentially eliminate unregulated prostitution (which would likely be cheaper.)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Wow, what a completely ignorant and uneducated thing to say. Ironic considering you are bashing Christians for supposedly being ignorant and uneducated. There is real societal pressure to make the footprint and far reaching effects of prostitution minimal. (Spread of disease, safety of the prostitutes from criminals and psychopaths, etc.)

I just don't get it. Man wants to pay and woman wants to make a living. What is wrong with that. Isn't it legal in Nevada?

Someone has probably already got it, but Prostitution is only legal in Nevada in counties with less than like 75,000 people or something like that.

As for the first part, I'm kinda meh, about the whole prostitution issue. If it is legalized, it needs to be taken off the street and put into a tightly controlled situation, like brothels. Prostitutes should also (obviously) be tested frequently for STI's and other diseases/infections, at least once a week. To cut back on the spread of disease, I also think "patrons" should also be regulated very tightly. Prostitutes should be thoroughly tested, as should the customers BEFORE they are allowed to use the brothel. I would go so far as to even restrict, through use of a central database, customers from visiting any brothel within a state to once a week. (Their are unfortunately freaks out there who would infect themselves w/ HIV just to visit a brothel to expose other people to it.) I might even suggest a small blood sample (enough to test for STD's) every time they visit the brothel so any diseases are preserved and it's spread tracked. This way if someone is found to be sick but maybe they didn't know it or hadn't manifested any symptoms yet, and uses the services of a prostitute which sickness she may spread to another customer, it can be caught and cross examined with all customers she has had. This could also be used for any crimes, such as people who may intentionally infect themselves with a disease and spread it to a brothel. This evidence they take before the service is rendered could be used in their conviction.

This is all I could think of off the top of my head. If it became popular enough it could potentially eliminate unregulated prostitution (which would likely be cheaper.)

Lots of common sense there. But will the govt. listen to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Sexually transmitted diseases, drug addiction and organized crime are my answers (several words, though).

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: jimmyx

+1

it offends the Christians, and they run things around here.

If that were really the case, gay marriage would not be legalized.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join