It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats In A Face

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.psychologytoday.com...

Good article on how looks actually reflect the personality of a person.I have always had great success judging a person by the way they look and this article confirms it.

Looks like you can judge a book by its cover after all.
edit on 20-6-2015 by OptimusPrimeOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusPrimeOne

Ok, let's test you, see my avatar pic? That is really me. I hide nothing, why bother.?

Tell me about myself. I have thick skin, be brutally honest!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Ok, let's test you, see my avatar pic? That is really me. I hide nothing, why bother.?

I am 6 1 wide shoulders thick jaw nice smile symetrical eyes..perfect nose and lips

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I cannot see your avatar since i am on mobile.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

No you can't.

That article covers "looks" more than whats inside. Made up looks are a cover. Serial killers, politicians and con artists get away with their crimes by hiding their true nature.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No you can't.

That article covers "looks" more than whats inside. Made up looks are a cover. Serial killers, politicians and con artists get away with their crimes by hiding their true nature.

Really then what about this part:.
 ago, a woman named Brook White appeared on the reality TV competitionshow American Idol. White was 24 years old, blond, and strikingly pretty. When she sang her song, "Like a Star," she struck a familiar chord among some viewers. White said nothing about her religion, but Mormons, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, were certain that she was one of their own.

"She has the Mormon Glow," one blogger wrote, referring to the belief that the faithful radiate the Holy Spirit. White mentioned that she never drank a cup of coffee or watched an R-rated movie—signs of a Mormon-like squeaky-clean lifestyle. But the "glow" clinched it, and it turned out that her fans were right. "I didn't know I was setting off the Mormon radar," White remarked later in an interview with The Arizona Republic.

And how many serial killers and politicians are good looking?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No you can't.

Pics of the singer

www.google.com... Q&biw=360&bih=519

She is Stunning!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

"Mormon Glows" ?

The psychologists began their experiment by cropping head shots of Mormons and non-Mormons and asking undergraduate volunteers whether they could pick out the Mormons.

They certainly could—and in just a glance. While random guessing would yield 50 percent accuracy, as in a coin toss, the volunteers accurately identified Mormon men and women 60 percent of the time. (Mormons themselves were only slightly more accurate.)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

"Mormon Glows" ?

The psychologists began their experiment by cropping head shots of Mormons and non-Mormons and asking undergraduate volunteers whether they could pick out the Mormons.

They certainly could—and in just a glance. While random guessing would yield 50 percent accuracy, as in a coin toss, the volunteers accurately identified Mormon men and women 60 percent of the time. (Mormons themselves were only slightly more accurate.)

you still cannot deny the fact that fans knew she was mormon just by looking at her.

Its obvious your ugly inside and out and do not want the truth coming out

[

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

My point was you can't judge a book by its cover.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

My point was you can't judge a book by its cover.

You have no point.You can absolutely judge a book by its cover. Its called evolution if you are ugly then you have no place in the universe.

The problem is that society has instilled in women to go after men with money and has skewed natures design.This will change

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

In Oriental Medicine, Ayurvedic, in fact most all pre-20th century medical paradigms I am familiar with utilize some form of Physiognomy to deduce and diagnose disease, very accurately, including psychology of an individual. Great article OP, what I get offended by is how with these new studies are considered "discoveries" when the science of facial characteristics goes back to a time before history.

I guess I should look at it as validation, but....still pisses me off.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

In Oriental Medicine, Ayurvedic, in fact most all pre-20th century medical paradigms I am familiar with utilize some form of Physiognomy to deduce and diagnose disease, very accurately, including psychology of an individual. Great article OP, what I get offended by is how with these new studies are considered "discoveries" when the science of facial characteristics goes back to a time before history.

I guess I should look at it as validation, but....still pisses me off.

Yep! These studies are just confirmations of ancient knowledge.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

if you are ugly then you have no place in the universe.

What an ugly thing to say.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

if you are ugly then you have no place in the universe.

What an ugly thing to say.

No its the truth..Evolution was designed to weed people like you out.If the system was operating correctly then you should not be talking to me now.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne

Good article on how looks actually reflect the personality of a person.I have always had great success judging a person by the way they look and this article confirms it.

If confirms that in some instances you might have a 5 - 10% better than chance of reading someone on a handful of traits, and you're willing perhaps to discard people based on that. Personally I'd rather give people benefit of the doubt than risk discarding someone awesome.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

If confirms that in some instances you might have a 5 - 10% better than chance of reading someone on a handful of traits, and you're willing perhaps to discard people based on that. Personally I'd rather give people benefit of the doubt than risk discarding someone awesome.

The body matches the soul.If a person is ugly on the outside chances are very high they are ugly on the inside.There are exeptions to this but it is rare and those people will still be attractive because of there inner beauty.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The body matches the soul.If a person is ugly on the outside chances are very high they are ugly on the inside.There are exeptions to this but it is rare and those people will still be attractive because of there inner beauty.

This is the most ignorant statement I have read on ATS in a LONG time.

And that takes effort

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

This is the most ignorant statement I have read on ATS in a LONG time.

And that takes effort

Its the truth and you know it ugly

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Your mentality here is absolutely disgusting. You truly believe it too is the really bad part. I don't know what else to say really, I'm floored by your ugly mentality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join