It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police investigating if man found dead on roof in London fell from undercarriage of plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Metropolitan police are investigating after the body of a man was found on the roof of a building on Kew Road, Richmond yesterday.

Police had also been alerted to a suspected stowaway on a flight from Johannesburg to Heathrow at 08:20 BST.
The Met said it could not confirm if the two cases were linked.
However police said it was "one line of enquiry".
The man found on a British Airways flight was taken to a west London hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
www.bbc.co.uk...

People stowing away in the undercarriage of planes isn't a new phenomenon but if this is confirmed it's the first case I know of where a stowaway has fallen from the sky on to the capital , just another example of the troubling times we live in.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Poor sod, but then it is a bloody stupid thing to do. I'd rather take my chances with people smugglers than cling on to a planes undercarriage!

originally posted by: gortex
People stowing away in the undercarriage of planes isn't a new phenomenon but if this is confirmed it's the first case I know of where a stowaway has fallen from the sky on to the capital , just another example of the troubling times we live in.

From your link
:

There have been other cases where stowaways have fallen to their deaths in London after smuggling themselves onto planes and hiding in landing gear.
In September 2012, Jose Matada, 26, died after falling from the undercarriage of a flight from Angola to Heathrow on to a street in Mortlake, west London.
An inquest heard he may have survived freezing temperatures of up to minus 60C (76F) for most of the 12-hour flight, but it was believed he was "dead or nearly dead" by the time he hit the ground.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

From your link

Added after I posted the story.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, I thought as much - hate it when they do that
- just having a giggle

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I guess it is too soon to post some reference to a song by the Weathergirls......
'It's Raining Men'?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Man... if this is true and he really did fall from the undercarriage of a plane, what a bad way to go.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just seen it on the news. So sad that people have to do this to get a better life.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Mercifully, he probably lost consciousness while in the wheelwell. When the doors open, the wheels lower, he falls out.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Picture? I suspect if he fell from a distance there would not be much of it to identify, the vision of a watermelon splattered into millions of bits comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Picture? I suspect if he fell from a distance there would not be much of it to identify, the vision of a watermelon splattered into millions of bits comes to mind.

His body may have been partially frozen.
At cruising altitude, it gets pretty cold outside of the cabin of an airliner. Cold and lack of oxygen make it a very scary proposition, stowing away in a wheel well.
Well that, and possibly getting crushed to death.
edit on b000000302015-06-19T13:16:32-05:0001America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jun 2015 13:16:32 -0500100000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Even the dead foreigners take up time, effort and expense. How can we stop them coming into the country?

new topics

top topics

join