It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 movie 2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Really surprised no one has done a thread on this movie.

Saw it mentioned in an upcoming SCI FI movie thread but didn't find one of its own.

Looked through the movie forum and couldn't find it.

watched it just the other week, good waste of hour and a half IMO.

www.imdb.com...

Movie is made as a found footage type of film, like paranormal activity, same directors I believe.

preview for those interested

Movie has Norio Hayakawa who I believe was researcher that posted on ATS for a while.

here is a wiki link but spoiler alert it has just about the full plot described in it.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

I thought I wasn't going to be able to sit through it as lately I just haven't got the urge to watch movies as I have in past but was quite surprised once I started the film, Not to bad and had my attention for the 90 min run time.

If you like aliens, UFOs and Area 51 mysteries its quite a good a film.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I personally thought it was OK, although I wish it would have shown a little more aliens/alien tech.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I personally thought it was OK, although I wish it would have shown a little more aliens/alien tech.

Same here in a way but would need be done right and most likely would need a much larger budget to accomplish such than whats available to films as such, however I believe it would take away the suspense and thrill if not done right.

Like the other movies the director has made paranormal activity and what not, nothing really shown until closer to the end and even then just glimpses which keep the suspense up and gives you goosebumps if you get really immersed into what your watching, showing too much take away the thrill IMO.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Only problem i have with it, is the way they get into Area 51, the hangar/underground and aliens is kind of MEH...

It entertained me still, on a boring Sunday.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ya I'm one of those rare people who actually really enjoy found footage. I've liked all the Paranormal Activities so far, The Marked Ones is my fav so far.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Only problem i have with it, is the way they get into Area 51

I found a few issues with how as soon they get in the base they enter a hanger/warehouse go through some offices and make their way down a flight of stairs and bang they're in S4.

From reading ATS and other sites discussing the base I thought S4 was few clicks away and considered separate from the Groom lake installation.

But like you say

It entertained me still, on a boring Sunday.

same here, or was it Monday?

Night-shift for me and the days get confused more often than not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

The Marked Ones is my fav so far.

Hmmm, had it for a while now sitting on my computer but like I said have been unable to watch films due to lacks of concentration if the films isn't up to my standards which depends on my mood at the time.

I really like the Paranormal flicks as well and the marked ones is the only I haven't watched,

Guess I might just have watch of it soon due to your reply

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It had some decent humour in it. My fav line (don't worry, it isn't a spoiler) is: Sherlock Homes? (not a mis-spell hehe)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Maybe the fact that the UFO/alien theory was debunked years ago could've hurt.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Maybe the fact that the UFO/alien theory was debunked years ago could've hurt.

Hurt what?

The feel of realism to the fictional movie?

I guess so but you can let your mind wonder to immerse yourself in works of fiction to better enjoy them.

Have you seen it and if so, what did you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Not bad of a film but that alien did not look very dangerous to me with the long thin necks haha also not sure about this but when they are looking at the alien tech it looked like the liquid was a flour substance on a amplifier. Still anything that makes my mind wander pleases me

edit on 18-6-2015 by kingofthesouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yawn...I wanted a refund.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For fans of the Area 51 mythology it pretty much ticked all the boxes in terms of references.
The first 30 mins was standard fare for the found footage genre.
The next 40 mins was quite enjoyable.
The final 20 mins was just utter garbage. Really disappointing.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

He clearly hasn't seen it. He's too busy fapping over his avatar, which he thinks is brilliant...

edit on 19-6-2015 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
where can I see this? Netflix doesnt have it on streaming...

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Tried looking up the production company, Area 51 Productions and their web site has a message that they are changing something artistic or what not so its a no go.

You could always look it up via torrent sites or if you have a local DVD rental store, it might be available.

Other than that not really sure where else you could turn to.

(post by catherinewalker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: catherinewalker

I'd be careful of sites like that. Most times they sneak trojans or malware on your computer, if its not on a credible site like netflix, hulu or amazon, I wont bother with it

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just bugged me that all the trailers say Roswell wreckage was moved there in '51.

Wasn't even a "there" until a few years later, just two dirt runways... They built the Ranch because Palmdale wasn't secure enough, around middle of '55. Wouldn't have even been anywhere to put the wreckage in '51.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

I just watched it on Netflix in the uk. If you're American you can change your settings to get our version. There should be a yt vid on how to do it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join