It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emoji = PRISON!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

But does fist+ambulance mean:

1. I want to punch you and send you to the hospital

-OR-

2. I will punch you and send you to the hospital

And yes, it does matter which it is. Look at all the nasty comments on Youtube or news websites. Most of them are about wanting to take action, not a direct threat to take action. The later are actually considered threats because they imply eminent danger.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Aazadan

But does fist+ambulance mean:

1. I want to punch you and send you to the hospital

-OR-

2. I will punch you and send you to the hospital

And yes, it does matter which it is. Look at all the nasty comments on Youtube or news websites. Most of them are about wanting to take action, not a direct threat to take action. The later are actually considered threats because they imply eminent danger.

That's where you need to take the context of their previous relationship into account. If these people had little interaction before that message I would say it's too ambiguous.

Quoting from the article however

An incident report filed during May 2015 indicated that the Fuentes and Cowan attempted to assault the unnamed man at his home.

Taking that type of history into account I think such a message crosses the line to being an actual threat.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Haha.. you're not going to give this one up, are you?

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the medium.

Thugs threatening someone. That is all. It doesn't matter (in this case) how they did it... They did it.

ETA: You have a good argument for the wider picture here, but there is no example of this yet.
edit on 6.19.2015 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: hefficide

What a world. I want off. The stupid keeps getting stronger and there's no damn cure.

Yeah there is, remove the warning labels off of products and let natural selection take its course. I'm willing to bet that if we did that, that in less than two generations "stupid" would be eradicated or at least down to a more controllable level.

On topic, It's really kind of silly that they are sitting in jail, not for the prior assault (which I am assuming was documented in some form for it to relevant to the article/case), but because they sent a "threatening emoji". Can someone explain that to me please, how is an emoji worse than actual assault? Or am I missing something here?
edit on 19-6-2015 by looneylupinsrevenge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join