It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Died In A Dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yes, I've dreamt of dying before. It was actually a very vivid and terrifying dream.

I saw a man brutally abusing his daughter and so I turned him into the police. He said that he would get me whenever he got out, and a decade or so down the line in the dream, he got out. Next thing I know, we're standing in the middle of a forest and he's gutting me with a knife. I actually looked down to see my own innards spilling out.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I dreamt that I died once. Everything went black and I was free floating and knew I was dead, but I couldn't keep my thoughts together, and I started to dissolve into space...

Then I woke up, and I was glad I wasn't dead.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I had several dreams of dying around the year 2000. One in which my husband and I watched a mushroom cloud rise in the distance, and were obliterated; another in which I don't remember exactly what the cause of my death was, but what was interesting was that I continued to watch from some point above, my body and the people around it. There was a narrator also, telling about the event.

I watch my funeral, and saw my family put my casket into a river. The narrator said, "...and she returned, three days later."

There were others, but those are the ones that stand out in my memory.

I recently had one which was sort of lucid- I was questioning whether it was a dream or not, trying to test things to determine it. Some sort of events were leading directly to my death (something about the house, a monster or dinosaur knocking it down, I think) and I was mentally preparing and letting go in the seconds before. But then by some weird surprise, I did NOT die. Then I was asking all these questions in my head about changing timelines, multiverses, alternate realities, the reality of death- trying to make sense out of why I didn't die.
Didn't come up with any answers before I woke up.

But it is true that during that first phase 15 years ago, when I was having lots of dying dreams, I did go through a HUGE transition in life right after - not only mentally, spiritually, but even physically, materially. My husband changed careers, we moved, and I completely different phase of life began.

I am currently going through a transition into another phase, which is uncomfortable and exciting all at the same time. I am not sure what is arising, only that I am letting go of so many things I never thought I would. It's all emptying, which is freeing. I took the dream to signify that this transition might not be traumatic, as they sometimes are - I might find myself on the other side without having lost my sense of self so much as I have at other times of transition in life.

I don't know. I'm getting back to cleaning my closet and throwing things out, and figuring out who I shall sell my horse to. Or give it to. I don't know. Busy dying here.

<< 1   >>

join