It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Died In A Dream?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I had a dream last night where I died not once, but at least two times, according to my memory now. The first time and second time I was in some sort of live action First Person Shooter game. It was an alternate reality because the others with me were not human. They had many different forms, humanoid based, and carried around a gun like I did. On their foreheads was a very small hole, about the size of a bb gun bullet. If you fired a shot into that hole with your gun it would kill whoever was hit by it. I took out two of them before ranting about how if they killed me I'd return and keep returning until I won.

You see where this is going.

Interrupting my rant a shot was fired at me and I felt it hit me in the middle of the forehead. I dropped instantly onto my stomach with my face on the ground. I could feel the blood coming out around my face and neck as well as a sharp stinging where the bullet had hit. I didn't die instantly feeling the blood come out and the stinging get worse. Then, I felt myself "melting" out of that existence. As I did I returned to this reality laying in bed, still with a slight sting in my forehead from where I was shot in the dream. I know in this same dream I died twice before, but I think the dream world "reset" so I could keep experiencing the death in this weird real life FPS game we were playing.

I'm not sure what this means for me, but I did find this:

Dream Moods: Common Dreams: Death Dreams

Death Means New Beginnings

Dreaming of your own death symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or your life. You are undergoing a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Big changes are ahead for you where you are making a new start and leaving the past behind. If you are getting married or divorce, being promoted to a new position, moving to a new country, you may experience dreams of your own death. If you dream of faking your death, then it suggests that you are taking control of your life and making a fresh start. You want change in your life.

Death means a part of you has died:

Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways, bad habits, destructive behavior or some other aspect of yourself. So dying does not always mean a physical death, but rather an ending of something. In such dreams, the death is often represented by someone else. So if you dream that someone is dead, then it means that you want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person. Whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore.

More at the Source...

I've had some pretty gruesome deaths in dreams. I've had my throat slit once.

What's the worst way you've died in a dream?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've never died in a dream. But recently I had a very vivid dream that a friend from high school was dying. I went to see her, she was all hooked up to IV's and tubes. She told me she was going to die on the 26th (because I was picking up Christmas decorations from her, I assumed this meant December 26th). She seemed fine about it, in fact, she seemed to be looking forward to it - which, if she was terminally ill, would have been understandable. There were a lot of people who had come to see her.

Before I woke up, however, I realized that it was NOT my friend...the person dying on the 26th was ME.

Have NO IDEA what this all means. But I'm kind of watching June 26th closely!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm not sure what this means for me

it means you play video games too much.
you shouldnt over-think things.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: almostrambo

Then, I felt myself "melting" out of that existence. As I did I returned to this reality laying in bed,

So you didn't die, then, rather you returned to wakefulness.

I been in demon duels in my dreams. Sometimes I'm underground like in tunnels and they are coming at me as i sear and burn them with horrible bursts of energy from some long weapon like a big tube. The tunnels melt and collapse like lava but the demon keeps squeezing through to come at me as I burn him again. I run and turn and melt the walls and still he keeps coming. But he never gets me.

I've been shot, too and don't feel the pain or die. I've fallen from some hi place and I never hit bottom. Each time the threat of imminent death becomes too great, I wake up.

Kind of neat, going through adventures like that without a joy stick. Dreams are much more real than any CG.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I was shot in the forehead by a German soldier as I was loading a rifle. Fade to black.

Per the interpretations, I was going through some big changes. Marriage has turned out much better than my sub-conscious thought it would be.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It's better to forget these dreams and not watch them.

Watching for this stuff makes you see it more,like looking for the same make of car as yours....instinctual.

And I would add a rabbit hole that does not necessarily need to be examined.

Just a thought from someone who has had dreams almost exactly like you mentioned only over 30 years ago. I remember dying /not dying and controlling the dreams, as I aged I stopped dreaming(or remembering) and don't at all. I think of it as being wakeful in the dream time.

Peace, and cheers!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I've had a few recurring death themes in my dreams, the most common of which is a zombie suicide scenario. I'm in a room (the location differs, scenario is the same) and it's barricaded, zombies are trying to bust through. I've a gun with one bullet, and when they burst through, I commit suicide and immediately wake up. Not sure what it means, I've never put much thought into it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've jumped from a mall elevator to meet friends below, only to have my body land face-first on the ground and my spirit keep traveling through it.

I'd consider that a dream death.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hey Op , I have had a similar dream .

My X father in law was an Alcoholic , we never got along in fact we had it out a few times Physically.

Anyway One night I had a dream that I was standing in the kitchen and he pulled a gun and shot me in the head , I recall dropping instantly and I could feel where the bullet hit . I could feel the blood running out of my head I also still had vision but was unable to move ,Basically I had to lay their and die . The dream was so vivid , the sounds , the feel , the smell . the feeling of dying .

When i started to die I thought to my self "this is it ", this is how my life ends " ,Black started to take over then ....
this sens of nothingness then

I heard this voice tell me .. ...

you can save 15% on your car insurance by switching to Geico ..

edit on 16-6-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I "died" in a very vivid dream many years ago, but my soul left my body and became a vampire ghost. No joke.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Dreams:

I've died a few times.. Mostly during high stress moments in my life. One time someone broke into the down stairs and as I was turning the corner at the top of the steps to check if anyone was there, and lock off that top door, 6 shots open off right into my skull.. I barely even saw around the corner. I stumbled back got to the phone, but by this time half my face was numb and the other had warm comforting blood oozing down it.. The blood in my eyes I was blind trying to remember what 911 was.... As I crumpled onto the floor. The phone was left hanging on it's chord. Fade to black.

It was pretty realistic, I think haha.
I've been stabbed and shot and fallen off cliffs. I've been eaten by dinosaurs, and melted by lava..

Some of these dreams have very real pain.

I have been having some intense dreams lately. They seem full of meaning, but for now I am letting them slide off the top. I rather enjoy having intense dreams, but I don't like to let them rule my day as well as my night.

edit on 16-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I have died many times and always the same ...I am in a moving vehicle, a school bus, train,plane, and I drown. The car careens over a cliff into the ocean, I am swept away in a flash flood. Always a vehicle and always in water.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have had many, many dreams where I have died. Here is the last one I had (taken from my dream journal June 8, 2015) :I had a dream I was in the midst of a war. I was with two other soldiers, although they were dressed more like ninjas and they didn't seem American. The area seemed to be an urban landscape, but it didn't feel like it was America but it certainly could have been America because the homes looked familiar. Myself and the two other soldiers were pinned in a house, gunfire and explosions could be heard outside. I was planting some sort of explosive devices along the frame of the front door. Once finished, the two other soldiers (standing in the hallway entrance of the home) started firing their guns out the door. We started running toward the back door of the house. I ran out first, their was a home/building forty feet to my left and an overgrown lot with trees directly ahead. I said something like let's run for it and the soldier behind me (speaking English) said ok let's go. All of a sudden I heard gunfire and had been hit (never saw a shooter but knew it came from the building to my left) and knew I was done for..but I had a feeling the two soldiers with me were safe. Felt very real...side note I remember not having a firearm only the explosives. a reply to: almostrambo

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have died in my dreams. Most of the time I jerk awake before death comes. My first death dream where I died, I was shot. And I faded to black. And then, at some point, I was a ghost/spirit. And continued on in the adventure of the dream, but knew I was "not alive" in a physical body. Weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When I was 16 years old and my mother was in a very "particular" relationship, I had a dream in which I died.
It wasn't pleasant but I gave no more credence to it than I did to anything else, the reason why is simple.
I woke up the next day, to my #ty life.
Things are better now. Don't stress about the mind, it is your friend, even if it does sometimes freak you out.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Hey there !

Hope you are having a great evening.

There is one dream that was the worst of them all.

I don't really remember much of it, maybe a time span of an hour to an hour and a half. Everything was super vivid. All of the color's looked so real. H*!?, even the airport smelled real. I sat there, waiting. I do remember not having any friends or family with me. Finally, we got on the plane. We taxied to the runway; that's when everything went into chaos. Planes started falling from the sky, disintegrating upon impact. I couldn't tell if I was yelling, but there wasn't any noise coming out of my mouth. A brief flash of light; crap, airplane incoming. Everything went black and I really thought I was dead. I was so terrified to open my eyes, that I started to cry.

Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I had a dream 2-3 weeks ago.. I got shot in heart rescuing a girl I fell in love with..

I saw the blood on a wall and the guy still held gun to her head but I immediately woke up.

But I did stop breathing twice in my sleep.. when that happened I dreamed I was falling a sleep.

What I heard is if u die in a dream u died in real life. Also I fall asleep in my dream sometimes twice in one story line.. you just don't know what is real. it is when I dream with my grandmother (in the second or third dream within dream)- I never dreamed about her until she died.

I like ur post and the replies
edit on 16-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

I'm not sure what this means for me

it means you play video games too much.
you shouldnt over-think things.

I'm inclined to agree. Having said that...

I've been shot, stabbed, drowned and eaten by a dinosaur.

In one I didn't wake up when I died but I was a ghost. Everything was blue. It was weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I had a dream once that I was in my elementary school. I was wearing a blue suit and tie, which i had neither. There was a casket sitting in the middle of the room. My mom leans down and tells me to look in the casket. As I turn towards it, there is a bright light shining out of it, as I approach the light seemed to be coming from all around the casket. I stepped up on to a small platform so I could see inside. As I looked in, my heart jumped ,it was me, in that same blue suit. I woke up instantly. I've also.had dreams of being shot, stabbed, chased by the devil, falling. I believe it's just an over active subconscious mind.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I've had a couple myself - and just like Galadriel, both of them had two phases: Dying, and then some kind of transition to the viewpoint from the ghost side. And it wasn't a pain-free death in either case: Drowning and breathing though a scorched/burnt throat and lung isn't exactly the best in the world.

Now, depending on how you look at them - I associate one with a past life, but the other a combination of a premonition (I got a good feeling for when or if it happens, and as long as I don't go out West, I don't think it'll come to pass), and the other part was a "kick in the pants" type thing to change my viewpoint.

To keep things short, after my "death", I was in the spirit world with a person I knew from this lifetime - and the mutual feeling was like running into an old comrade (I'd say soulmate, but it felt more like a person you've known forever; a Gandalf/Galadriel ala Hobbit Movie type of relationship). Now, then, imagine finding this person, only to have them tell you "I will always be here for you, but right now you need to go back and get her; she's confused", while indicating to "guide" another person you knew (and had a crush on). I went back, and woke up - The sad part? If I would have remembered this dream more often...The confused person would have been a GF, and not run away from her family with some random stranger

-foss

top topics

<<   2 >>

join