It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Man Cave to She Shed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Every woman deserves a shed of her own — somewhere to retreat for some solitude, to create or grow, to write or paint, or just to enjoy the view.

"My Yoga Studio...And by that I mean I can drink wine in my yoga pants"
~She Shed Owner~

Why not ladies? We men have our Man Caves and you should have your She Sheds. We all need "ME" time away from people, stress, life etc. Man or woman...we all have this need.

Enjoy.

But please remember to make me a sammich before you retreat to your World.

Jude

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Knuckle sandwich work for you?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
Knuckle sandwich work for you?

C'mon now...I can't get a sammich for a shed?

Jude

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Pretty, but I'll pass on the she shed, mancaves have always struck me as more interesting

I'd still like a Skyrim themed basement (and house, for that matter) but IDK, a Trek-themed one has always been on my wishlist, for far longer. I'd love Ten Forward as my kitchen & dining room, though! To hell with girlified spaces, I want an otherworldly place to escape to

edit on 6/13/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

She shed . gotta go , running and hiding now .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I have my (She Shed)...it is my entire apartment...my sanctuary; and when I desire company that happens too.

As far as food and drink...at the moment I will have some iced tea and a feta cheese omelet.; for dessert some wonderful grapes.

I like your idea of the (She Shed).

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Those are some nice looking little chill out places !

Of course they're all tastefully decorated because... women.

I have a spare bedroom that I turned into my own little man cave. As an introvert, I need a lot of my own personal 'man cave' time to step away from hubby and do my own thing. Recharge my batteries and take in some me time.

I've got my big screen tv w/ computer and uber comfy lazyboy chair for my 12 hour gaming binges, a little reading nook, an area set up to do my bead/leather work, candle making, etc. Mini beer fridge, dart board.

But I need more space for a pool table, full sized wet bar, funky jukebox, and vintage pinball machines, dagnabit.

I may just hijack our dingy basement all for myself one of these years... our house is 90-100 years old so the basement is one those things you'd see in a horror movie, unfortunately it would take big bucks to convert it into a comfy cozy hangout. But it's a tempting project !

Yup, that silly little spare room is my lifeline to sanity.

edit on 13-6-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

She shed . gotta go , running and hiding now .

I'm a man cave kinda guy but if I could have a kitchen like that, I'ma gonna go fer a she-shed.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes it is kinda nice but i cant see a water burner .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I like how hutch chose a photo of a knifeless kitchen for his joke..

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

I like how hutch chose a photo of a knifeless kitchen for his joke..

Billy not silly .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Made me laugh, though.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The ultimate man cave for me would look something like an Irish pub out of the 19th century...

And that would just be the taste-testing area.

Note to self: buy more lottery tickets

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

One of my co-workers transformed an extra bedroom in her house to her own space - she calls it "The B***h Box...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'll try to find it, but a few days ago there was an article about a guy who Skyrim themed his basement ( man cave ) to the tune of $50,000 I believe.

Found it!

As for the "she shed"... If she wants one, awesome! I'm single now, but when I was not single I always made sure the house we lived in had at least two extra bedrooms - one of which I would claim as a "home office" ( read place to play video games ) - and left the entirety of the remaining house to her.

The funny thing is that the ex's never tried to claim the shed. I guess lawnmowers, wasps and mold are a deal breaker.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow those were just amazing! Sheds are magical...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If I suddenly became wealthy enough to hire someone to do all the cleaning and maintenance, I'd certainly consider such a shed.
As things stand, I do have a designated space for my musings on the second floor of the house. It has a comfy couch and chair, dorm fridge, stereo system and one wall is entirely windows. In winter, when the leaves have dropped from the trees, I can see all the way to the back of the farm from that elevation. In summer, it's like being in a treehouse, with the birds and squirrels only feet away.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The reason why we have "man-caves" is because the rest of the house is a "she-shed".

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Looks to far away from he kitchen sink to me?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join