It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name Of A Show From Long Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There was a TV show done back in the early to mid 1970s. I remember seeing it as a kid then. I have no idea of the actors names, nor what the show was called.

What I can remember is a bit of the pilot of the show:

A group of people (I want to say they were "spies" or agents) were in a jet. They crashed in the Himalayan mountains. They were nursed back to health by another group of people (not sure if it was monks or not). Each one of them ended up with some sort of mark on like their arm or leg, and they each had some sort of super human power of some sort.

That's all I can remember. Ring any bells?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The Champions

The series features Craig Stirling, Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett as agents for a United Nations law enforcement organization called "Nemesis", based in Geneva. The three have different backgrounds: Barrett is a code breaker, Stirling a pilot, and Macready a recently widowed scientist and doctor.

During their first mission as a team, their plane crashes in the Himalayas. They are rescued by an advanced civilization living secretly in the mountains of Tibet, who save their lives, granting them perfected human abilities, including powers to communicate with one another over distances by ESP (telepathy), and to foresee events (precognition), enhanced five senses and intellect, and physical abilities to the fullest extent of human capabilities.
edit on 11-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I think you mean this

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Was it called the Champions?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Beat me to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What would I do without you guys?

I see I was off by a few years. I saw it on AFRTS (American Forces Radio and Television Services) in S. Korea. Most shows were a few years behind the times.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Some good news for you !!! I see some episodes free to watch on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Good job, ATS!!

If I may expound on the OP thread, (no intent to steal the thread) I have a few retro shows going way back as well. I know the answers, because I am freakish in my memory...but think this thread is a fun way to venture from the gloom and doom threads.

Have a go but, please, try not to use the internet...!

1. What was the name of the TV show in the early 70's show where the main character was a cartoonist and his cartoons came to life and spoke to him?

2. What very brief show did Sally Field star in AFTER her roles in Gidget and The Flying Nun? This show launched the career of a man who turned out the be quite the talk of tabloids for some time due to his dimplish good looks.

3. What 3 spin offs came from Happy Days?

4. What western had a supporting character named "Blue"?

5. Who shot J.R.?

6. Name the game show that was based on weird objects.

7. What are the words to the theme song of Bonanza?

8. What show gave us Mrs. Magilicutty?

9. What was unique about the show with the character Mrs. Muir?

10. What show had a foe called Benita Bizarre?

Hope you enjoy the challenge.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

#8 the jimmy durante show
#9 the other main character was ghost. the show called the ghost and mrs muir

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

#3 = I can only remember Laverne and Shirley as a spin off from that show.

#5 = Kristin Shepard.....and that episode made headlines around the world, for months until the reveal!

#7 = "I'm just this guy, just this dude, and I'm really hungry!" ..... oh wait, that was a commercial...

edit on 6/12/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is correct!! He was the ghost of a sea captain and she purchased the house.

Sorry, Jimmy Durante is not correct for this question. However, it may be there were 2 shows. I'll give you credit if you can tell me Durante's famous line...
edit on 1434112400Friday30Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:33:20 -0500amFriday3370730 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You got the JR question correct, and 1/3 of the Happy Days question correct. Taco Bell on Bonanza???? LOL! Funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"Mork & Mindy" and "Joanie Loves Chachi" were the other two Happy Days spin-offs. Everyone forgets about Mork being on Happy Days, but originally, he tried to abduct Richie until the Fonz stepped in.

On the Sally Field show, was it "The Girl with Something Extra"? She had ESP, and it also had a young Terri Garr on it too, along with John Davidson (Real People), who I'm assuming is the dimpled guy.

On the Western with a character named Blue, was it "The High Chaparral"?

For Benita Bizarre, "The Bugaloos" (great, now I have the song in my head)....

Mrs. Magilicutty is from "I Love Lucy" of course. Everyone knows that. It's Lucy's maiden name on the show (it's her mom).

I think the game show was the "Liars Club" and had celebrities trying to explain what the objects were.

I remember the tune of Bonanza, but don't recall any words to it.

I have NO idea on the show with the cartoonist. That really seems up my alley too, but I have no idea.

Of course, I'm an older guy, so these shows were either on as I was a kid, or at least in reruns as I was older. I really loved the Liars Club, and it makes a great party game, if you find the right antiques.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think Mr. Durante's line was 'Good night wherever you are, Mrs. Calabash'.

Was the cartoon show 'My World and Welcome to it'? based on James Thurber.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That explains it, before my time, hehe...and doesn't appear to have ever re-aired. (the show with the cartoonist)

I only knew about The Girl with Something Extra because I had a huge crush on Terri Garr after Young Frankenstein...lol.

She was also in a strange episode of Star Trek that was going to be a spin-off, Gary Seven, but it never happened. Was kind of cool, he had an alien coworker who was a cat that could turn into a woman (or a woman who turned into a cat)...I actually named my black cat Isis because of this.

Interestingly enough, Gary Seven had a tool he used very similar to a sonic screwdriver, only he called it something else. This has a lot of the Whovians (Dr. Who fans) always claiming he was a timelord... (and may have inspired it, as this was BEFORE Dr. Who)

vimeo.com...

Ok, geekfest over, LOL....

edit on 12-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Interesting, Re: Doctor Who and Gary 7 -

- neither could have been 'inspired' by the other's use of the sonic screwdriver, because coincidentally, the episode with The Doctor's first use of the sonic and the Gary 7 Star Trek both originally aired in March of 1968...

...and even though the Doctor's episode was first, March 16th (Doctor Who wiki), the Star Trek episode would most likely have already been filmed, as its air date was just 13 days later on March 29th..(IMDb)

Funny the sort of trivia that will send some of us off on a web search mission!

edit on 12-6-2015 by lostgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

We have a winner! You are correct!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

You did awesome!!! The Girl with Something extra is correct, as are your other answers!

Do you recall the main male characters name in real life that starred in TGWSE??

top topics

join