It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Wikileak: The Orwellian "Transparency Chapter" written by big Pharma.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Source

The article on Zerohedge pretty much outlines how US Pharmaceutical giants wrote this chapter to be secret but also to increase their access and pricing leverage in places that currently pay much lower prices than the US.

Meanwhile the complicit corporate media in the US remains silent on the matter:

“It was very clear to everyone except the U.S. that the initial proposal wasn’t about transparency. It was about getting market access for the pharmaceutical industry by giving them greater access to and influence over decision-making processes around pricing and reimbursement,” said Deborah Gleeson, a lecturer at the School of Psychology and Public Health at La Trobe University in Australia. And even though the section, known as the transparency annex, has been toned down, she said, “I think it’s a shame that the annex is still being considered at all for the T.P.P.”

The language in this chapter is chilling. It cements the primacy of pharmaceuticals in heath care. Ironic that those same chemicals are the 4th leading cause of death in the US and UK.

(a) the importance of protecting and promoting public health and the important role played
by pharmaceutical products and medical devices in delivering high quality health care;

Profit machines do one thing and one thing only. Who can't see the problem with assigning profit machines as the custodians of human health? It's a bad joke and the US is in very very deep.

The leaked TPP document "shows that the pact could expose Medicare to pharmaceutical company attacks and constrain future policy reforms, including the ability of the US government to curb rising and unsustainable drug prices," the US consumer rights advocacy group and think tank Public Citizen said in its Wednesday statement.

Maybe everyone should consider not ingesting their poisons? I guess they are ready for that too. Medical interventions on perfectly healthy people is already written into law in many states. The jump to forcing pills down your throat for "preventative medicine" and even behavior control at the point of a gun is not far away.

Stay critical and pass this newly released material along.
edit on 11-6-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

You know, if there is an alien race that put humans on earth for there own purpose, they have to be big pharma and the AMA.

They use us as crash test dummy's and keep us just healthy enough to make trillions.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
The language in this chapter is chilling. It cements the primacy of pharmaceuticals in heath care. Ironic that those same chemicals are the 4th leading cause of death in the US and UK.

Where did you get this claim from? This source says the 4th leading cause of death in the US is Stroke. In fact, pharmaceuticals don't even make the list. Of course anyone who would honestly suggest that pharmaceuticals are one of the top killers in a country, must be delusional. Pharmaceuticals, if they killed more people than helped, wouldn't sell, even IF the pharmaceutical companies are colluding to fix prices.

I mean, you DO realize that in order for these companies to make money, they have to sell a product that works on some level, right?

Profit machines do one thing and one thing only. Who can't see the problem with assigning profit machines as the custodians of human health? It's a bad joke and the US is in very very deep.

Who else is going to develop medicine to cure diseases? The government?

Maybe everyone should consider not ingesting their poisons? I guess they are ready for that too. Medical interventions on perfectly healthy people is already written into law in many states. The jump to forcing pills down your throat for "preventative medicine" and even behavior control at the point of a gun is not far away.

Ok. So later in life when you are having complications from getting older, heart problems, kidney problems, high blood pressure, etc, make sure you tell your doctor not to proscribe you any medicine. Don't want to feed into those evil profit machines killing all those people right?

I mean I don't agree with the overly high pharmaceutical prices on medication either, but damn at least I recognize that they are at the minimum offering a product that benefits humanity. If they didn't they'd go out of business. Either through lost sales or because the FDA shuts them down. Yes, the FDA WILL shut you down if you try to poison the public and cover it up. The mid-sized pharmaceutical company I work for just got both FDA AND EMA audited this past month and they BOTH take regulation misses VERY seriously.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Where did you get this claim from? This source says the 4th leading cause of death in the US is Stroke. In fact, pharmaceuticals don't even make the list. Of course anyone who would honestly suggest that pharmaceuticals are one of the top killers in a country, must be delusional. Pharmaceuticals, if they killed more people than helped, wouldn't sell, even IF the pharmaceutical companies are colluding to fix prices.

I mean, you DO realize that in order for these companies to make money, they have to sell a product that works on some level, right?

Ok. So later in life when you are having complications from getting older, heart problems, kidney problems, high blood pressure, etc, make sure you tell your doctor not to proscribe you any medicine. Don't want to feed into those evil profit machines killing all those people right?

I mean I don't agree with the overly high pharmaceutical prices on medication either, but damn at least I recognize that they are at the minimum offering a product that benefits humanity. If they didn't they'd go out of business. Either through lost sales or because the FDA shuts them down. Yes, the FDA WILL shut you down if you try to poison the public and cover it up. The mid-sized pharmaceutical company I work for just got both FDA AND EMA audited this past month and they BOTH take regulation misses VERY seriously.

First...they don't kill people but they do want us all sick. You do realize without sick people, they'd have no one to sell their drugs to, right? So, no, they don't kill, but they poison.

Secondly, When is the last time Big Pharma cured anything? They don't cure, they sustain.

Thirdly, if it weren't for Big Pharma's plan to sell drugs, there wouldn't be half the problems people get today as they age, such as kidney failure and diabetes, just to name a couple. Diabetes is an epidemic that continues to grow. And the amount of people on dialysis these days is mind-boggling. You don't think there is something in our food or the water we drink, or something, that is causing these diseases to explode in recent decades?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The epidemic of sickness and death from prescription drugs.

Evidence based estimate of patient harms.

Author, Jeanne Lenzer. British Medical Journal, June 7, 2012 (BMJ 2012:344:e3989).

Lenzer refers to a report by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices: "It calculated that in 2011 prescription drugs were associated with two to four million people in the US experiencing 'serious, disabling, or fatal injuries, including 128,000 deaths.'"

The report called this "one of the most significant perils to humans resulting from human activity."

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Dr. can prescribe whatever he wants. I won't take it. The Dr. told me my cholesterol was too high. I was broken genetically. I must take Lipitor for life. Exercise, diet would not help. Impossible he informed me. He's reciting what he read in a Pharma sponsored medical study. Peer reviewed and published in a medical journal.

Back then, I wasn't as smart as I am now but I rejected that assertion because I would not accept that I have to take a pill for life because I'm broken. I educated myself on diet and increased my physical fitness. I proved the Dr. was wrong ...and ultimately a threat to my health.

There is no link between cholesterol and heart disease. Demonizing fats was bunk from the beginning.
Statins raise the risk of type 2 diabetes

Dr's waking up and finding they were duped by Pharma sponsored science...again.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well I believe they should! Being sick should be at 100% the expenses of the person that's suppose to make sure you don't get sick in the first place.

That's the problem when PROFITS are mixed with health...who's accountable? I would be happy to say that staying healthy is a personal responsibility but with all the crap in our foods that's endorsed by the FDA and other organizations like them, the governements are just as responsible at this point.

If the same agencies that pay when you are sick, would create the medicines, you can be sure that they would create better medicines.

top topics

join