It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum finds only one voter waiting at Iowa campaign event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum showed up at a campaign stop in Iowa to find only one voter waiting for him, but he called the event a success anyway.

He took the opportunity to warn her about Gay Marriage.

He took a dinner break and by that time 3 more Voters showed up.

Way to go Rick!

Raw Story

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum showed up at a campaign stop in Iowa to find only one voter waiting for him, but he called the event a success anyway.

Way to go Rick!

Raw Story

No way. Lol

Did he also lecture the Pope on climate change?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: ugmold

Way to go Rick!

Raw Story

No way. Lol

Did he also lecture the Pope on climate change?

LOL Amazingly funny!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Why does his campaign remind me of Spinal Taps final tour?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Why does his campaign remind me of Spinal Taps final tour?

Jeb bush has no worries there. He should exit now and help clear away some of the chaos over there.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What's even sadder is that Santorum still answered more questions from the public than Hillary!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah! I saw this today -
lol.....

Did you see the article about how he suggested the Pope shouldn't mess around with science, because, well ..... church isn't science.

Even though - well, you know - the Pope is a scientist.

*shake my head*

Still, I guess he'd be perfect for some voters' sensibilities.

edit on 6/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
What's even sadder is that Santorum still answered more questions from the public than Hillary!

Ooooh! Nice one!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Did he at least take that one voter to dinner with him??? At that point why not??? It would be a good story showing that he cares about his supporters. Plus it's only one person, I'm sure he could afford it. Maybe he'd find out from that one supporter what it is he's doing wrong too.

How sad. You could probably host a bad clown show in the rain and still get more than one person to show up!!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Did you see the article about how he suggested the Pope shouldn't mess around with science, because, well ..... church isn't science

So is he admitting that intelligent design and creation "science" aren't science?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think the GOPs plan is to fill the primary with the parties biggest nut bags so Jeb comes off looking like a rock star. He can let them split the nut bag vote and he will take the traditional GOP vote win the primary and not have to swing far right into crazy town driving the independents away in the general election.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So is he admitting that intelligent design and creation "science" aren't science?

No, it was about 'climate change' being real or not.
Santorum's Clueless Pope Bashing Not Even Accurate

On Monday, presidential candidate Rick Santorum did an interview with a local talk radio host where the topic of Pope Francis came up. Santorum, who is Catholic, said he was a “huge fan” of the Pope, but disagrees with his viewpoint on climate change.

“The church has gotten it wrong a few times on science, and I think that we probably are better off leaving science to the scientists,” he said. “I think when we get involved with controversial political and scientific theories, then I think the church is probably not as forceful and credible. And I've said this to the bishops many times when they get involved in agriculture policy or things like that, that are really outside the scope of what the church's main message is.”

The thing that Santorum does not mention is that Pope Francis actually is a scientist. He has a degree in Chemistry from the University of Buenos Aires.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I think the GOPs plan is to fill the primary with the parties biggest nut bags so Jeb comes off looking like a rock star.

I can totally see that.
It seems like a controlled implosion.
Utterly ridiculous.

Problem is that Sanders is blowing ALL of them out of the water. As soon as they 'won' the midterms, it seemed obvious to me that their whole schtick would collapse.

Even Rush Limbaugh is on the rails now.
The Collapse of Rush Limbaugh's Radio Empire

It's a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh's future seems uncertain. "Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers," asked RadioInsight last month.

I tell ya, it's been a day of good news. In my opinion. For the USA. Not so much for Santorum and Limbaugh and the GOP....but. Oh well, we reap what we sow.

edit on 6/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The extreme lack of people showing up for him...really says it all...he will not get the Republican nomination...the writing is on the wall.

top topics

join