It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day Mohammed died .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
First off everybody put their fangs back in and lay down your freshly ground axes.

I will be the first to admit I don't know a lot about early Islam . So you guys get a chance to educate me in this thread . I noticed on a today in history site. That today is given as the date Mohammed died and 632 A.D. My understanding of the event his vauge and some will probably find it humorous . From what I remember he and another guy had some bad goat at the market . Or maybe it was cheese I don't quite remember .

He suffered for quite a long time then died in his daughter's lap ?

As you can tell my knowledge of the event is quite minimal but to paraphrase Paul Harvey . " now I would like to hear the rest of the story " I'm sincerely interested please don't beat me up this morning .

edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'll have to look it up, but if my memory serves me correctly, the Buddha died of food poisoning too.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I never heard that. From memory I thought it was a toothache? Let me know when you look it up .

I was really hoping to hear from someone about this subject. Since I posted I've read a couple different versions of it. But I would be more comfortable hearing what a member has to say from personal experience .

I've been a little disappointed so far. I thought I remembered a passage about the need to spread Islam to the unbelievers. Yet no one has been forthright with an answer .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What's with noting the day anything happened hundreds of years ago? Is it the Julian calendar or the Gregorian calendar you want to use?
The years and months have been altered that many times over the periods that "this happened on this day" is quite useless to debate. Though there will be an awful lot of people that will come on here to defend any date you want to mention.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The Buddha did indeed die of food poisoning, though he said he knew it was going to happen. It was his daily meal, offered by a poor family, the food was spoiled but he didn't want to turn down their hospitality.

I'm not as familiar with Islam though, first I've heard of that.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wikipedia says that he suffered for several days with 'fever, head pain and weakness'.
When I did a Google search, there didn't seem to be any hits on Islamic sites.
Are Muslims not allowed to speak of his death, or what? I don't know, just curious.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Wikipedia says that he suffered for several days with 'fever, head pain and weakness'.
When I did a Google search, there didn't seem to be any hits on Islamic sites.
Are Muslims not allowed to speak of his death, or what? I don't know, just curious.

I'm beginning to wonder that myself. Honestly I was looking forward to a reply from Charlie and he hasn't shown yet .

@ CretomOrbis

Thanks for the info !

@ The dude whining about the date .

It's not really the date it's for the idea. I'm just interested in how he died from a believers standpoint .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is a NON Islamic site that covers differing theories about his death, including this:

Sahih al-Bukhari 2617—A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and was asked, “Shall we kill her?” He said, “No.” Anas added: “I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah’s Messenger.”

Answering Muslims
I am not pushing this, just throwing it out there.
Edit to add:
I just looked up the hadith quoted above and got something completely different:

Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported that some persons among the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were shown Lailat- ul-Qadr while sleeping in the last week (of Ramadan). Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I see that your dreams agree regarding the last week; so he who wants to seek it should seek it in the last week (during the night).

Source
edit on b000000302015-06-09T12:44:59-05:0012America/ChicagoTue, 09 Jun 2015 12:44:59 -05001200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm beginning to wonder that myself. Honestly I was looking forward to a reply from Charlie and he hasn't shown yet .

I was hoping the same.
He usually has good info to add on Islamic questions.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.answering-islam.org...

ETA: I realized after I posted this that it appears to be anti-Islam. Islam is not a subject that interests me, so I have never looked for any information about it and was unaware.
edit on 6/9/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
He was supposed to be 63 years old, which would be quite old for an individual back then. I would guess he was simply a victim of aging.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Didva quick google search, it said the Buddha died afterveating wild mushrooms, but I'm there are other versions to the story. Not sure about Mohammed though. Doesn't seem like a fitting death for a prophey in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.cyberistan.org...

There are many narratives of Muhammad's (pbuh) passing.

Some say he was poisoned, some say he had reached that age.

Impossible to say really.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks for the input SC .

Your link mentions fever I cannot think of any poisons that would induce fever. From what I've reviewed so far it sounds like old age to me also .

With a little early propaganda thrown in from both sides.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This are the events before the death of Mohammad, seems that it was death by revenge after attacking the jews

Muhammad died in 632 A.D. He died as a result of being poisoned following his attack upon and conquest of the Jewish settlement of Khaibar. About 2 month before his attack on Khaibar Muhammad failed in an attempt to go to Mecca. This failure resulted in the Treaty of Hudaybiyya with the Meccans. He returned humiliated in the eyes of the Meccans and in the minds of his people. To lift their defeated spirit, Muhammad told his followers that the events at Hudaybiyya were really a victory. In fact, another convenient "revelation" was given to Muhammad as proof that it really was a victory (Sura 48:1). However, Allah was not able to deliver the Meccan's goods as booty, so Muhammad told his followers that they were going to attack and plunder the weaker Jewish settlement of Khaibar.

About 6 weeks later Muhammad led his army and attacked the Jews while they were on their way to work on their date palms. Khaibar was a settlement defended by a number of forts spread apart from each other. One by one Muhammad's army took the forts. Finally, the last few surrendered to him. Muhammad had several of the leaders of the Jewish settlement beheaded, one leader (Kinana) was tortured to reveal where buried treasure was hidden. Then when Kinana was near death, Muhammad commanded that he be beheaded. Many of the women and children were enslaved. Muhammad even took the most beautiful woman for himself and married her (Safiyah).

Some of Khaibar's residents made a deal with Muhammad. Instead of enslaving them, which would leave the rich orchards of Khaibar to go untended and unproductive, the Jews would give Muhammad and the Muslims 1/2 of all of what they produced. Muhammad accepted the deal, with the stipulation that they could be expelled at his slightest whim. Years later, Umar expelled the last remaining Jews from Khaibar.

Immediately following the conquest of Khaibar, a Jewish woman prepared a dinner for Muhammad and some of his men. Unknown to the Muslims was that she had put a poison into the lamb (some say goat) that was served at dinner. Muhammad ate some of the poisoned lamb and died as a result three years later.

Seems that it took 3 years before he died, THE DEATH OF MUHAMMAD,

www.answering-islam.org...

edit on 9-6-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No prophet that God/Allah sent was ever killed or murdered. they all died a natural death. If that wasn't the case then Allah would not have rescued Prophet Isa/Jesus from being crucified or prophet Musa/Moses from the tyrant Pharaoh/ Ramses II and not have spitted the sea for him.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The title should read: The day the Devil died...there is nothing peaceful and praiseworthy about this man, evidence by his followers today.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RustyNailer
The title should read: The day the Devil died...there is nothing peaceful and praiseworthy about this man, evidence by his followers today.

Some of his followers I will grant you but not all .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You know, I find it really F'd up that anytime I google a question about Islam, almost all the first pages I get are Anti-Islamic website such as Answering Islam and Even Wiki-Islam which is NOT Wikipedia. If I google a question about Buddhism, Judaism or Christianity, I get scholarly websites or websites run by those sympathetic to the faith. I definitely don't get anti-Christian websites as my first hits. It's sad so many people are getting their info from Anti-Islamic bigoted websites.

I've recommended books before to those wanting to know more about Islam, but they just keep going back to those sites. Yet they'll never read a book used in religious studies at a prestigious university, written by academics.

Never google questions about Islam... Get some academic books on it. All the first hits on google are Anti-Islam sites. F'd up.
edit on 9-6-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To answer Greathouse. There were several attempts to kill the prophet but all failed. So no, he wasn't poisoned to death. The rest of your answer can be found from the reply I made to charlie above.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join