It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can all make the world a better place lets start tomorrow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Even the little things can make the world a better place, a small random act of kindness will brighten up someones day and yours also.
I do a job as you know where I help people and it makes me feel great I can come home and smile thinking I have done good today by doing blah blah for some dude.
So lets do it tomorrow just add a yeah man If you are willing to try and do a random act of kindness tomorrow or whenever the opportunity arises.
Heck who knows that small act of kindness may make a ripple and effect many.
So I'm in are you?

Oh you can keep what you do to yourself or post it, doesn't matter just have a go.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah man, this is a perfect thread to insert the you can do it videos in the failed thread i made, but as a good action i wont post them here. the world is better already.

In a serious note, i will try to do a good deed when the opportunity presents itself

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Isn't that procrastinating?

I'll-Fill in Blank- tomorrow. I used to quit smoking 'tomorrow' all the time.

That phrase was meant as a joke for never doing something where I come from.

Good idea, but start today.

Thanks for the reminder of this simple but far reaching way of life.

edit on 6 8 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well it's near bedtime here so I don't think I will meet anyone now tonight

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Sweet dreams, tomorrow works

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Great thread idea

Im in.

Im making it a priority tomorrow, will report back with good results

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That's a sweet idea. Even saying something nice to someone can have a positive effect on the person you say it to and only takes a moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Black hole sun wont you come and wash away the rain- soundgarden

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yay!

i've tried to adopt that as my philosophy in my life, so i'll continue!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Mj sung about it all the time
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-6-2015 by Teeky because: words

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I try to do a little something for folk wherever I can.

I was on the bus the other day, and a lady with a toddler who was crawling all over, and a stroller which was over laden with shopping bags boarded the bus a few stops later. She got on, got her stroller situated, as well as seating her child, and made off back to the driver to pay for her tickets. Unfortunately, this meant leaving the stroller to stand under its own burgeoning weight.

Newtonian mechanics had the inevitable effect of dragging the stroller over backward, and onto the floor. I picked it up, and held it there until the lady had paid for her tickets, and was able to hold it up for herself. I pretty much do what I can for folk.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Screw it, count me in.
At least I'll know before I meet my maker, I tried to make a positive impact on that one fruitful day.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was going to start today, but tomorrow sounds easier.
edit on 08pmMon, 08 Jun 2015 18:29:47 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Even the little things can make the world a better place, a small random act of kindness will brighten up someones day and yours also.
I do a job as you know where I help people and it makes me feel great I can come home and smile thinking I have done good today by doing blah blah for some dude.
So lets do it tomorrow just add a yeah man If you are willing to try and do a random act of kindness tomorrow or whenever the opportunity arises.
Heck who knows that small act of kindness may make a ripple and effect many.
So I'm in are you?

Oh you can keep what you do to yourself or post it, doesn't matter just have a go.

Why not start today?
Two! Four! Six! Eight! When will we procrastinate? Tomorrow! Tomorrow! Tomorrow!

ETA: Okay, did that get a chuckle? Even a little tiny one?
edit on 8-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Great plan.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Done one today already
I even helped my evil neighbour lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I waited patiently while an elderly man breathing as darth vader was paying in cents coins a 23€ bill at the supermarket, does that counts?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

If you would have normally beaten him with those coins...Yes

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I try this everyday. I'll go out of my way to help others.

Sadly, majority of the people never say a thanks (which isn't what I'm going for, but noticed that it was an odd occurrence).

I did notice a pattern of what kind of person doesn't say thanks... Narrowed down to sex, races and age ranges.
edit on 9-6-2015 by ChuckNasty because: Typo. Added races instead of race

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I too, like ChuckNasty, and others here, try to do something every day to help someone. The Thank You is always nice, but is a rare response I have found.
Here is a vid that talks about this very thing. Towards the end. I love Bill Hicks! He is so deep with His routines and has a lot of hidden inuendo's (Spelling?) You will like this one Boy!! Enjoy! (This is an edited version. (There are copies of the original at YouTube...)

edit on 9-6-2015 by SyxPak because: I had an oops...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join