It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chairman of the BIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is my first post, sorry if its silly. I was looking at the BIS Wikipedia page and it lists Stephen Ingvesh from Norway as the chairman, but I can't find this man anywhere on the web. Google brings back two links, one for the BIS Wikipedia page and a website called mocava talking about an 1881 Michigan State Gazeteer. An ATS search shows nothing. There's a Stefan Ingves from Sweden, so it could be a spelling error, but his page says nothing about the BIS. Assuming it's not an error, does anyone know anything about Stephen Ingvesh other than him being Chairman of the BIS?

ETA LINK
edit on 6/7/2015 by CaptainTwig because: Link

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The chairman of the BIS is Christian Noyer.

www.banque-france.fr...

www.bis.org...|2|2

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
See I knew it was a silly idea. I'm detoxing atm and didn't even think about fact checking Wikipedia. Serves me right.
Thanks anyways
edit on 6/7/2015 by CaptainTwig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainTwig

I could only find this other then what was in your link littlesis.org... this from your en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Thanks for the input, but it's been resolved. Wikipedia lied again, and I fell for it. Hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainTwig

no problem ..darn wiki eh :>)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainTwig
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Thanks for the input, but it's been resolved. Wikipedia lied again, and I fell for it. Hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

Two points, with respect:

1) Many people don't know what BIS is. In fact, when using acronyms please spell out the title in full with the acronym in parathesis the first time you use the title or phase, i.e. - Bank of International Settlements (BIS). We have people of all nationalities, interests, backgrounds and ages who may not have a clue to what you are discussing. Likewise, 'atm'. Just because you and your close associates know what it means, doesn't mean that others do. It is a sign of respect and the wish to communicate clearly to explain your shortcuts.

2) Wikipedia did not lie. Wikipedia is not a person and relies on users to maintain current & truthful information. One of several reasons why it's not a 'solid' source. A good starting point and okay for 'quick and dirty'.

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Thank you for pointing those things out. I shall heed your advice.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Actually, it's titled The Bank for International Settlements, for clarification.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Actually, it's titled The Bank for International Settlements, for clarification.

LOL - thanks for the assist. Another good reason to spell out acronyms.
edit on 8-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join