It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Greatest Swordsman Teach a Robot to Slice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why oh why, is that no one have seen terminator? If you saw the DARPA challenge where all the robots were goofy and failing left and right, let me tell you they just took a lesson from Sun Tzu, appear weak when you are strong.

Machii Isao is an Iaido master and an expert sword wielder. He holds five Guinness World Records including “fastest 1,000 iaido sword cuts (36 min 4 sec)” and “most iado sword cuts to one mat (8)

This promotional clip comes from the Yaskawa Electric Corporation of Japan, and its star is the Motoman-MH24 industrial robot. To demonstrate the bot's awesome skill, the engineers at Yaskawa modeled Machii's sword technique in 3D and taught the machine to move in the same manner.

Source

So yea robots are clumsy and its funny to watch them fall...

Our new robot overlords happen to be ninja too

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

If a robot can't be a ninja, whats the point of having robots?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Having programmed robots to pick up a marker and write welcome messages to customers during their tours of my shop, I'm comforted for the moment by the need for them to be programmed (by me). Until the day they can do this on their own, I will continue to make them my slaves.

All arrogance aside, the video is amazing. Not the robot, the man! He doesn't have anybody telling him where to go, how fast, what angle, etc. He's truly fascinating with the sword, just amazing to watch.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
yeah, ninja robots scare the crap out of me. One could be hiding in the corner right now.....

top topics

join