It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Power Tools and a Ruse, 2 Killers Escape New York Prison

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No argument from me there,there is a fair level of sophistication for a job like that,inside help would be the only solution...unless of course as you say total incompetence and as much as i see a big fail in the system it is not that pathetic surely

Amazing really that this kind of event can even happen,goes to show the resolve of some men whom have no other way out.....

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah but a mobile phone is small. With enough money you can get guards to bring in drugs and alcohol, but they can be hidden. They check every guard when they come in for a shift. Pretty hard to bring in power tools without getting noticed. Someone on a contract job is probably most likely. And yeah how the heck did they not hear them? I may be profoundly deaf but some things are LOUD enough for me to hear. Oh I wanted to add yeah you can feel it. Us deaf people feel vibrations.

edit on 6/8/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
When I see prison break stories like this, it makes me proud to be an American. For those that say Americans are lazy and apathetic, I say look at these two individuals, who with some ingenuity and perseverance, used limited resources available to them to escape one of our maximum security facilities.
edit on 8-6-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TwiztidRoman
Wonder if we are going to hear something like one of the contractors is a friend of one of the escapees or was bribed/threatened to help.

Yep. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. Also me thinks they had help from the outside with a diagram to the manhole and an escape vehicle waiting for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: TwiztidRoman

The governor marveled at the particulars of escape, in which the two inmates had cut through a steel wall of their adjacent cells, shinnied down a series of internal catwalks, and burrowed their way more than a city block away before emerging from a manhole. Mr. Cuomo said that there had been a number of contractors working in the facility, and that the escapees’ work may have been safeguarded by the silence of other prisoners.

I smell a movie deal

Might be too late -sounds almost JUST like Shawshank Redemption - except these guys didn't need to crawl through sewage (not from what I read anyway)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Might be too late -sounds almost JUST like Shawshank Redemption

Combine the Shawshank Redemption and Escape from Alcatraz and throw in power tools and you have a good movie.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah but a mobile phone is small. With enough money you can get guards to bring in drugs and alcohol, but they can be hidden. They check every guard when they come in for a shift. Pretty hard to bring in power tools without getting noticed. Someone on a contract job is probably most likely. And yeah how the heck did they not hear them? I may be profoundly deaf but some things are LOUD enough for me to hear. Oh I wanted to add yeah you can feel it. Us deaf people feel vibrations.

Maybe a drone dropped the tools off..Amazons first delivery. ?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So, there were contractors in the prison doing renovation. Possible these guys were put to work on that project, and that is how they got exposure to power tools. Even so, must be inside info and/or help from the outside. They went through all the right bulkheads and pipes to get access to the street drain. They had plans.

To me, the great mystery is where will they go. My guess is that, since they have Feds after them, they are going to try to get to Montreal. From there, a tramp merchant out through the St. Laurence, through Gasp'e and probably hold up in the Maritime provinces like PEI or Nova Scotia, even Newfoundland until some of the heat blows off, and then down the coast to Florida, via merchant ship. From there they can get into the Caribbean or perhaps Cuba. I think their biggest goal will be do get away from the U.S. and a route like this gets them out of the U.S. very quickly, and for a long time. IMHO, but fun to speculate.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Should be interesting to hear the full story on how they got out.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
www.aol.com...|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk2%2 6pLid%3D-704562391
Well at least the governor is on top of things *rolls eyes"

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TwiztidRoman

Exactly. When you have an operation that is obviously well planned like this, it went way beyond what to do once you got out. 99% of these idiots get caught within miles of where they exited. 7 hours buys incredible time. If I were on the job, I would be checking the merchants out of the St. Laurence. They are very dangerous, and obviously not idiots.
edit on 8-6-2015 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hey Feds....

Here is one that I would not have missed.

SILVER ORLA, Montreal to Rotterdam

Oil/Chemical Tanker
Oil/Chemical Tanker with accomodations

IMO: 9682332
MMSI: 538005601
Call Sign: V7FI9
Flag: Marshall Is (MH)
AIS Type: Tanker
Gross Tonnage: 29460
Deadweight: 49746 t
Length × Breadth: 183.06m × 32.21m
Year Built: 2014
Underway using EngineSpeed/Course:
13.7kn / 50°

Destination:
ROTTERDAM
ETA:
2015-06-19 00:00 (UTC)Received:
2 min ago
Departed from : Montreal 2015-06-08

If I am on to it, my $100k donated to ATS.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well they were last seen in willsboro, some people think they are heading towards westport, which is 30 minutes from me. 0.o
edit on 6/9/2015 by TwiztidRoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Police are on the move after a person reporting seeing the men jump over a stone fence at their house. The area is near the prison (within a few miles best I can tell).

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Within a few miles?

I can walk twenty miles in one day, over very varied terrain. These fellows must not be nearly as tough and smart as they are advertised to be, if they could not work out that putting distance between themselves and the prison would be a better move than waiting around in the immediate vicinity.

This does not gel with what has already come to light about these guys. Perhaps they were relying on that lady prison staff member to drive them out of dodge, and got into a flap when she bailed on them and handed herself in. Perhaps that is why they are still in the area. Still, if I had of been those guys, I would have headed for the nearest poorly policed border, rather than wait around to be captured.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My thoughts also.

The news has been speculating that the woman failing to arrive was a big set back. But like you, I would have thought plan be was to move on - not raid dumpsters in the area. Believed the men to have search for food around a gas station a mile away.

The big plan without a back up for a escape car seem quite short sighted.

Guess we will know how correct it is they are found in the area.

edit on 6/12/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Easier to just put them in a johnny, stick them in dead pigeons and toss them in to the recreation yard or other applicable place, certainly cheaper.

edit on 12-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah, what i don't get is if they are so close to the prison as people are saying, why hasn't the bloodhounds found them yet?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join