It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some quick help..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A friend of mine asked me a question but I had no idea how to answer it. Perhaps some of you could tell me how you'd answer.

Out of anyone or anything in the world, who or what would be the 2 pigs that built their houses out of straw ans sticks. And then who or what would be the Big bad Wolf.

And a bonus, how would this relate to your average life?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
chocolate

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A little bit more serious please.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I hate to be an asshole, but this kind of post would be better suited in the Chit Chat forum on bts.

[edit on 12-23-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slavik
A little bit more serious please.

Some of us take chocolate quite seriously.

Now, if we had any idea what you were talking about, perhaps you'd get the answers you're looking for.
Why not try and re-phrase your question so that the general public can understand you?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Being in a hurricane prone area, I always thought that the Big Bad Wolf was about a natural disaster like a hurricane or tornado.
The story I thought, was about teaching people that homes made form straw or sticks could be blown down easily but homes made of brick would withstand the winds.

I may have been influenced by visuals from the old Disney cartoons though.

I did a search for the origin of the story and the oldest version I came across is from James Orchard Halliwell, Nursery Rhymes and Nursery Tales (London, ca. 1843)

It is a bit different from the version I'm used to:
The Story of the Three Little Pigs

[edit on 24-12-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sorry, I completely forgot about BTS.

Anywho, let's see if I can rephrase this sucker..

Imagine a real life version of the Three little pigs fairy tale. Who or what would play each role (ie, 1st pig with straw house, etc.)

Ohh, and thanks for the response Ace.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Slavik]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The tale of the "3 Little Pigs" has very little to do with sticks, bricks and hay, and everything to do with common sense, forward planning and compassion.

As for a comparative analogy in the real world, I would have to draw your attention to the 4th pig which is seldom spoken of.

He lived in a warren of caves and the big bad wolf, as much as he tried just couldn't get a direct hit with his bunker busters.

new topics

top topics

join