It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulse Laser That Projects 3D Image Into Mid-Air

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The current available 3D holographic displays are based on having a “screen”, surface or substance (such as dust or water vapor) to intersect and interfere with the laser beam.

Taking this fact into consideration, the Japanese company Aerial Burton has improved the holographic technology. They created a holographic display that operates without any screen, surface or substance. It projects a 3D image into mid-air, achieved by using a pulse laser that ionizes air molecules, creating a 3D image. As you can see in the video, the laser is able to display 3D images in real time shooting 1kHz infrared pulse laser into a 3D scanner which reflects and focuses the pulses of the laser to specific points in the air.

yesss!!!!! yesss!!! yesss!

Getting closer to that star wars hologram !!

that's all i really have to say

Thoughts?
Link
Kap

edit on 5-6-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Didn't John Lear claim the planes that took down the 2 towers on 911 were holograms? So holographic tech is evolving.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Man this is awesome.
Didnt they say like, 5 years ago, that holograms would be impossible to achieve in this fashion??
LIES

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Dude come on. Leave that nonsense out of this.

That is so cool! It actually seems like hologram technology will soon become a reality.
Cant wait for the day I say goodbye flatscreen, hello noscreen

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
they say that when they can do a good hologram in the sky they will fake Jebus or aliens
(accounts vary as to who the PTB will produce first )
I kinda hope they do jebus first
it would be painful to watch the pope try to baptise a hologram

XL5

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The power of laser used to do that can light things on fire, burn hands and blind!!! Each spot is the air turning to white hot plasma!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: XL5

Exactly what I was thinking. That laser is very very powerful. My 1w laser can already burn and cut things. A 1 kilowatt laser can cut metal I believe, so it has a long ways to go until it's viable to use in any enclosed space.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, I suspect the mil ind complx has it already, but yeah, this is WAY cool.

As it could be conceived of for years and isn't too over the top, tech wise, it was only a matter of time, but now, immersive, surrounding holographic media is doable by the masses.

Now, if they could induct nerve impulses with a laser array, and they will, we could get full 3-d imaging, sound AND touch.

John Waters already did Smell-O-Rama in the 70's ... heh, so that leaves taste as the only hurdle to a full immersive simulation indistinguishable from reality... whatever 'reality' is.

Pretty cool... and I just wasted money on the xboxone... sigh.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Project blue beam i think it is my friend (Y)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is impressive and scary at the same time. What bothers me is that when stuff like this comes out you just know that the governments have something 50 times better.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now they just need to be able to do red green and blue lights at 8k resolution ;-p

edit on 5-6-2015 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wonder if one day this technology will be placed inside of smart watches? This might solve the problem of the tiny screens.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Didn't John Lear claim the planes that took down the 2 towers on 911 were holograms? So holographic tech is evolving.

He also believes in the tooth fairy and income tax returns.

I can understand how this works in the X and Y axis,but how does it place a spot at a specific place (height) in mid air (Z axis)? I see this as the same problem they had building a working Jedi light sabre.It's easy enough to generate the beam to start with,but how do you stop it precisely at a fixed distance from the emitter?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

but how do you stop it precisely at a fixed distance from the emitter?

Converge on the area from two sources, perhaps?

Edit: OR a specific frequency strength from a single laser would do, too, probably, in that higher energy ionizes the air further away.
Now, we just have to hope ionized air is good for us.

edit on 6/5/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm reminded of a display I saw way back in 2000 at a Las Vegas Tech show...

As I was walking through the various company displays I happen upon a small yellow Nokia Cell phone rotating in "thin air". That kind of caught my eye. As I inspected the display, I realized there was no cell phone at all...it was a hologram.

Later I looked up what I saw, and found that MIT had developed an acoustically driven laser holographic display. I wasn't very large, but showed great promise...but...it never went anywhere...sad...I rather liked it...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This sort of thing isn't new.

There's been 3d projectors that use ionized air for years.

The most interesting thing i've seen in a while is the intel keynote for ces 2015.

touch holograms!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
we had them 10 years ago in Walsall and they used it to show a humourous version of harry potter story at a local light show in the park.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: XL5

a reply to: NiZZiM

The key thing to note is that this is a laser pulse, not a continuous beam. A watt is a measure of how much energy is expended in a second, so if each pulse is only measured in micro or milliseconds (or shorter), the actual amount of power in that pules is far less than you'd imagine. Kind of like a lightning strike - measured in terrawatts, it sounds awesomely powerful, but each strike might only last for a few microseconds, hence why people aren't obliterated into atoms when struck.

Pretty neat looking though!

edit on 5/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
we had them 10 years ago in Walsall and they used it to show a humourous version of harry potter story at a local light show in the park.

The Walsall illuminations? They used water vapour though, didn't they?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh goody, they'll be able to fake a fake Jesus coming out of the clouds to lead the righteous home.

If the Japanese are doing this openly and/or commercially now, then I have no doubt the US military could have used this covertly on 9/11 on the Towers.
edit on 5-6-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join