It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ummm...I was walking in the woods and came across this grove of white birch trees...For some reason I got the strangest feeling that I was in a holy place...

A different world

I thought how magical this stand
Of birches that I traverse through
That I must stop awhile and praise
This majesty that is their due

I cannot say why I was there
To trespass that enchanted wood
I wonder did they notice me
I wonder did they notice me
Or keep sublime for my own good

I touched their bark and felt their leaves
Tried to reach into their heart
But I was from a different world
A fleeting world that lives apart

So fervently I lent my praise
To ring on that enchanted air
I a passing shade to them
Still hopeful could this moment share

Yet summer waned as summer will
As autumns golden leaves drift down
My feet are drawn back to this place
There I kneel as to a crown

From my low position know
The leaves I'd touched that spring still green
In rustling poignant mirth they speak
As if to say we honor thee

Thank you for your consideration...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Lovely! Trees are awesome! Imagine the stories they could tell if they could speak.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...Trees are some of my best friends...I think that's why they have a presence in so much of what I write...

I used to bonsai trees...I had a real passion for that some years ago...There was one set that was a grove of seven white birch trees about 16 inches tall...and pines maples and cedars..you name it...I had a diminutive example of it...

I found that perhaps the best bonsai creators...were cattle...I would find the most amazing oaks and maples...naturally bonsai'd by the continual cyclic grazing of the cows...Of course...then I had an Ah ha moment as I thought that observing the natural order is probably where the art sprang from to begin with...

Thank you for your kindness Night Star...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Not bad, do you like free verse?

a reply to: YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Ummm...hello Starswift...I love free verse...I often write prose as well...I just have a special love for rhyme and rythmn...
(although I detest conformity and structure for the sake of being structure)...

I think allot of modern poets feel that rhyme is "so old school"...tedious even...
Perhaps they find it too challenging...sometimes it is challenging to find that right word or sentence...but mostly I just enjoy the way poetry flows...Sometimes the challenge is to place all of your thought in such a short format...
Mostly though...I think that the poem knows when to end...in a fanciful sort of fashion...

Thank you for your interest...if you'd like I can post something more prosaic or free...I think it would be even better though if you were to share some of your own vision...We may be an eclectic group that bare our souls here...but we tend to support one another...

I'm a strange duck...I actually love it when someone critiques my work...as long as their not just being snarky that is...

Again...thank you...may you always encounter good nature and find joy in each moment...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll add a poem at some point,
Thanks for the thoughtful reply.
a reply to: YouSir

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Ummm...It is good to share out that which resides in the core...that place where we feel most vulnerable...

I personally believe that not sharing such might be at the heart of what's wrong with this world...I wonder if we all just paused to be introspective and set aside our preconceptions...and let that inner radiance loose upon the world...that we might find that everyone is truly greater than the sum of their parts...

You are most welcome Starswift...to this site...to this board...to this thread...as a friend...

YouSir

top topics

join