It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs Tom Watson and David Davis Snooper's Charter High Court challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Tom Watson and David Davis are from different sides of the political fence but both agree Home Secretary Theresa May's planned snoopers charter is an infringement on our civil liberties , so they are off to the High Court to argue the fact that the proposed law is in breach of the Human Rights Act and the European Union Charter of Fundamental Rights.

It's time governments were reminded that we are INNOCENT until proven guilty , suspicion breeds contempt.

Emma Norton, a legal officer for campaign group Liberty, said: "People need to understand just how personal this information is that will be taken and retained and what an intimate portrait of their lives it will create.
"And there was very little evidence to suggest that by giving police even greater banks of information about people who they don't even suspect of committing crimes it is going to make their jobs - it isn't."
Their legal challenge comes as Home Secretary Theresa May draws up proposals to give police and spies new powers to monitor internet and phone use.
Downing Street said the measures, announced in last month's Queen's Speech, would "address gaps" in intelligence gathering and access to communications data that are putting "lives at risk"
www.bbc.co.uk...

My grandparents fought a war against an oppressive tyrannical regime to safeguard my freedoms , how disheartened they would be to see what our governments are doing today.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You and I appear to see this situation from nearly the exact same perspective, and with similar historical awareness. This is an abomination against everything I hold dear about my country, the people who live in it, and the people who fought to defend it in times gone by.

There will be a price to be paid for the dishonour that the government are bringing upon our ancestors. Whether it is paid in disgrace, or dismemberment remains to be seen, but it will be paid none the less, in the fullness of time.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks for the reply mate and I hope you're right , many people put their lives on the line to protect our way of life but it seems now the brainwashed Great British public would rather sit and watch Corrie , Enders or BGT rather than stand up and demonstrate for their freedoms , but I suppose if you got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear .... Right ?

It seems to me the government distrusts us more than we distrust them , hardly though it possible.

new topics

join