It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Looked to see if already posted found nothing. This video horrified me. I actually felt sick to me stomach after watching this man gasp for his last breath. I wonder what song he was listening to before he was murdered.

revolution-news.com...

www.dailykos.com...#

Do you guys feel the officers life was in immediate danger?

I like how when the other cop walks over he immediately points out that he is recording. (aka don't ask me any questions because I might say the wrong answer right now) Bet him and his buddies still joke about this shoot.
edit on 4-6-2015 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

And this is why body cams are needed.

By the book this is going to go down as a good shoot, he didn't show his hands or listen so of course he needs to be shot.

Think the book needs a re-write.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This was a hit, nothing short of it. the cop drove in got out walked straight up to guy he knew he was going to kill (or thought) and shot him.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
He was coming right for them.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow, I drove by this probably 20 minutes later. I saw the crowd of people on the street and the body on the ground, i saw his friends crying. i saw his friends get hand cuffed and put in the the back of the cop car. I can not believe this is how it happened.

I've had cops pull guns on my friends for snowboarding in Utah. Its absolutely ridiculous how they train and brainwash these cowards to be the most scared, fearful people on the face of the planet.

Poor kid, he didn't look like a threat to me in the least.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Probably shouldn't yell "Nahh Fool!" when a policeman says raise your hands.

The guy was drunk. Very.

Should not have been killed, but there will be no riots for him.
edit on 4-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

And this is why body cams are needed.

By the book this is going to go down as a good shoot, he didn't show his hands or listen so of course he needs to be shot.

Think the book needs a re-write.

Not only that..

The "suspect" is clearly incapacitated. Not moving.. At all.

Then the officer jerks his body around.

Any EMT would say that's overkill.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

He kept his hands in his waistband the whole time.

He didn't pull a gun. Does a gun have to be visible?

Did the guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand english and comprehend the cop?

He looked like a deer in the headlights, he probably would have been shot removing his hands anyway.

Scary Video there!
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: edit

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

then lets him bleed out for a good while before doing anything

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

Did they guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand and comprehend the cop?

Scary Video there!

HE yelled "NAH FOOL" when the police asked him to raise his hands... then his mistake was raising his shirt near the waistband.

RIP....... its a tough thug life...fooo

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
They're not cops anymore; they are roving death squads.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Yeah, thats not smart.

I would say, they could have given him medical treatment instead of rolling him over, cuffing him and increasing the blood flow though.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

At that point they were not concerned with his life... he was hit in the chest and stomach. Kid was gone. They were just going through the motions.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Exactly!

Psychopathic tendencies if I've ever seen it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just for poops and giggles... Let me ask this... Do you guys ever imagine yourselves as policemen? Doing a job where you are a target every minute on duty? Can you imagine being a kind hearted person as a police man but because of that your son or daughter never grows up with a father?

People America is in a welfare/criminal state.

Im a good guy. Ive fought in wars and am SICK of violence....

But.... read this next line...

IF. I. Was. A. Cop. And. a. Suspect. Yelled. "NAah Fool!". And . Reached . to . His Waist. I .Would have. GLADLY. SHOT. THE . #. OUT. OF. HIM. TO. ENSURE. SURVIVAL.

The periods help or hinder?

Im sorry the thug was killed. But thats sort of what happens when you do it to yourself.... Foo

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Innocent people don't tend to change direction and walk away as soon as a police car pulls up.

They also don't shout "no, fool" when an officer tells them to put their hands up.

They also don't continue walking backwards with their hands in their waistband when an officer HAS A FREAKING GUN DRAWN and is yelling at them to show their hands.

Considering the idiot's behavior leading up to the moment of the shots, any reasonable person who was responding to an "armed suspect" call would have pulled the trigger. That's why the officer was cleared of wrongdoing.

It's amazing to me how people ignore all of the incredibly stupid behavior that leads up to these shootings and only focus on "was he unarmed? yes? then the cop was wrong!"

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
a reply to: rockintitz

then lets him bleed out for a good while before doing anything

What?

As soon as he pulled the trigger, he said "shots fired, I need medical."

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Scary Video there!

HE yelled "NAH FOOL" when the police asked him to raise his hands... then his mistake was raising his shirt near the waistband.

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

Did you see any sign of a weapon?

I didn't. But then again, if it were me, I'd most likely have my day in court.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Legman

Yeah, thats not smart.

I would say, they could have given him medical treatment instead of rolling him over, cuffing him and increasing the blood flow though.

Procedure is to cuff them no matter what. A person who's mortally wounded can still do a lot of damage while they're bleeding out.

They even cuff a person who's likely already dead... because the officer isn't a medical professional and is not going to just assume a person is "lights out" and incapable of continuing to fight.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: Legman

Scary Video there!

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

Did you see any sign of a weapon?

I didn't. But then again, if it were me, I'd most likely have my day in court.

Buddy, do your family a favor and never be a cop. When you see the "sign" of a weapon... you are dead.

Buddy, do society a favor.... the rest of us want policemen that are not willing to die. We want homes that are not home invaded because of a weak police force... we want our kids to be able to walk from school to home. Do us a favor and think about your beliefs.... because the wide portion of society appreciate cops.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join