It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction of the implications of mass surveillance. Don't think you have anything to hide?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well, as long as you're a good person, and don't do anything too terrible or threatening, they'll leave you alone right?

Lol.

0:-)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

But in all seriousness, I wonder how often their "crawler" picks up new info to be recorded.

For instance, you make a post on ATS, then it gets deleted an hour later, did they get it?

Likewise w/Facebook..

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

OK GOOGLE NOW...... always listening!! Have a conversation with just your phone in your pocket or hand and not online -about something consumeristic, towels for instance then pay attention to those little side ads when your online happens all the time try it i have noticed it talking to someone about boats i have little interest in them but low and behold that night boat ads all over my online experience thought it was curious till it happened again with a different topic . Cheers
edit on 5-6-2015 by TheJesuit because: added explanation

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I counter your argument/observation with this;

Eleanor Roosevelt said the following: "You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you, if you realized how seldom they do."

I feel a lot of people suffer from protaginist disease, as in, they feel they are the main character in the world.

sonder

n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.
(Source= www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com...)

My point is this, if all of these documents/files (if they exist) were to be released, nobody would care. Don't get me wrong, people would probably look up their family members/friends/significant others and of course themselves first, as they are the main character, remember?

But the only thing that people would give a damn about is the celebrities, which our society has blown up to be super humans who are really special that every one should know about. And even that doesn't last long... Oh, and of course they would care about themselves and worry about what others think, not ever realizing that every one else is to busy wondering the exact same thing about themselves....

Now, what I would be worried about, if these files/etc exist and get released is identity theft. Now that, would be a real problem.
edit on 10-6-2015 by ColdNCursed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by ColdNCursed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join