It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, please tell me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
...I'm not going to die. I have to fly tomorrow. I have to fly back January 1. I hate flying. Someone be nice to me. Can't I just drive to Texas? Who cares if it will take a week! Maybe I can find some happy pills or something... Or if I just stay up all night tonight I'll sleep. That's what I did last time. Except I probably won't fall asleep until we're halfway there.

Ok, maybe we need a babble forum....

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Get drunk, or high, or something before. Then either youll be to out of it to care, or youll fall asleep.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Get drunk, or high, or something before. Then either youll be to out of it to care, or youll fall asleep.

Did I mention I'm traveling with my family, to meet my grandparents? They're a tad bit old fashioned (major understatement). If I show up high or drunk they'll probably send me back on yet another plane! At least this way there's a week in between. Thanks, though.

Maybe I could go find a kid with chicken pox and play with them tonight. Then I'd be too sick to go.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
it's like this you buy yourself a bottle of NightQuil, down a quarter of it, and you should be Aokay! If you get nervous , it'll make you so drowsy you wont care what happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
it's like this you buy yourself a bottle of NightQuil, down a quarter of it, and you should be Aokay! If you get nervous , it'll make you so drowsy you wont care what happens.

Hmm - that has merit. Maybe we've got some around here.

I think I was born on the wrong side. My Dad and sister are pilots. :shk:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
LOL now thats funny, Are you sure you werent' adopted? anyway, they should sell it at the airport too, bring a discman and the NIghtQuil and you'll be in dreamland in noTime

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Baw!!! Double post!

[edit on 23-12-2004 by bordnlazy]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Don't worry at all man. Flying is much safer than driving in a car. Think about it. Nothing to run into, nothing to swerve...no stop lights or physical intersections. You'll be fine
. I don't fly a lot, but at least once or twice a year.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Just thought I'd update that I am alive, having survied the plane trip down and back.

My sister the pilot (just got her commercial (or maybe jet?) liscensure today, I think) actually sounded educataed, explaining to me what was happening everytime I jumped (we're just slowing down.... see the flaps moving? That's from the wind and helps give us drag, it's nothing the pilot is doing.... etc). That was very helpful.

Thanks all. I did try some sleeping pills. Our flight left at 1:30 (think). I took the pills at 1:00. My mother took none and fell asleep. My sister took none and fell asleep. I took two and was wide awake and jumpy. Our plane landed a little after four. I fell asleep at seven. sigh

top topics

join