It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests Show TSA Misses 95% Of Weapons And Explosives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Looks like that annoyance that is the TSA is not only that but 95% ineffective.

Tests were carried out by another Patriotic favorite, Homeland Security.

In one test an undercover agent was stopped after setting off an alarm at a magnetometer, but TSA screeners failed to detect a fake explosive device that was taped to his back during a follow-on pat down.

More

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Can we please just dump the TSA now?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I disagree they confiscated plenty of dangerous substances every time I fly they take away my dangerous bottle of water that alone probably most definitely saved millions of lives.
edit on 1-6-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But if we did that, who else could I find to grope my children's genitals?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I do not know the nationality of the agent but I would bet lilly white..just a guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

As always, it has come down to a jobs issue.

I can hear it now...

"Do we really want to increase our unemployment roster by firing so many hard working Americans?"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp
Hardworking but apparently incompetent..lol

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes, they are the federal equivalent to the registry of motor vehicles.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

This is not about one agent, its about the TSA as a unit.

Race bait much slick.

Where are the mods on this ?????????????????

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline
Lmao..go ahead snitch me outl, I stated my opinion/question..don't like it skip my posts

To clarify if needed I was not commenting on the TSA agent, the undercover agent is what im on about.. I summize that a white guy is more likely to breeze through rather than someone of middle eastern heritage.
The whole TSA should be sh#tcanned.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Maybe it just happened to be an 'off day' for 19 out of every 20...if so, can we get our tax money back for that?

e1e

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The entirety of the Dept of Homeland Security would be a better first step forward.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well they obviously don't have the resources (your money) to do the job effectively.

Expect them to ask for more. And expect the retarded American public to fall for it.

Like they always do.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
They spend millions of dollars and manage to be completely useless. Sounds about right for a Government run organization.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Your government will use this as justification to further intensify their violations of basic human rights. And people will think they need it.

Strip searches, full suit case and carry lugage searches on the way
edit on 2-6-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Not surprising at all. Any time i travel i always notice that of the 30 or so TSA agents shucking and jiving and carrying on like the security checkpoint is a house party, only a couple are ever paying any attention to their duties. Its like the airport opened up a post office. Useless.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How sad--we have to use an agency that is mostly a waste of taxpayer dollars to prove how much of a waste of taxpayer dollars another agency is.

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I’m not buying it. I think this is something they are going to use to justify further scrutiny of our bags and persons.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
I’m not buying it. I think this is something they are going to use to justify further scrutiny of our bags and persons.

As per bureaucratic convention.

Just think, very similar people are likely to also be in charge of your "retirement" money and your long-term health.

This is why monopolies are bad. the worst case scenario is to have the state run a monopoly and fail.

This is happening everywhere in government. In the private (though heavily intervened) sector, the solutions have been to pick winners and further concentrate resources and to "sure up" with subsidies (aka corporate welfare) instead of loosening the reigns and abdicating power which it cannot wield to any good result.
edit on 2-6-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

edit on 2-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: editing...

<<   2 >>

join