It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Grylls: my grandfather's secret mission to hunt down Nazi scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
He always throws up everything he attempts to eat.
Anyone see him drink from the camel intestines? then threw up making his whole situation worst.
He is no Ray mears.

I know this is going off topic but...

Did you ever see the TV show "Hunting Chris Ryan", that made Grylls and Mears look like kids.

Basically Chris Ryan was dropped off in the middle of no where and given instructions to go to certain points and achieve tasks all whilst being hunted by a group of other ex-Special Forces guys.

Was really good, if i recall he had to be rescued during one of the episodes because he almost died.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I can't begin to imagine why you would be proud of your family involvement with the CIA

The same people who did 9/11

The same people who take cut out of selling drugs to Americans.

The countless lost lives, the misery.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Anyone see him drink from the camel intestines? then threw up making his whole situation worst.
He is no Ray mears.

I like Ray Mears for his knowledge of ancient peoples,but I also like Bear for his practical knowledge and enthusiasm.
Given the choice between drinking my own piss or squeezing the juice from a camels gut,I would go for my piss every time..
That camel gut thing had to be one of the worst things he did IMO.
I was retching when I watched that.
Then after he drank the camel stomach juice,he got inside the cadaver of the dead camel,(taun taun style)and used it as a shelter to ride out a sandstorm.
But hey,better than getting killed in the sandstorm right?

Good work by his grandfather in WW2 though.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

I can't begin to imagine why you would be proud of your family involvement with the CIA

the CIA wasnt always bad.........there were plenty of people in clandestine positions that did heroic things back then to save lives and country....

I suppose youre young enough though that you probably have no interest in history....

feel free to share anything that youve ever done of worth that made an impact on history or helped other people

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
a reply to: Ultralight

Your attempt to detract from his countless examples otherwise fails to impress.

This happened on a singular occasion and Bear Grylls apologized for it.

Or have you been butt hurt that badly by it, you've sworn off television completely???

I think not red herring.

Most survivalists see him as a hack and a tool. He is less than credible when it comes to survival techniques. He has been caught many times sensationalizing his abilities and his show. Hell they even had to start running a disclaimer with his show saying something to the same effect. It's amazing to me he hasn't actually gotten people killed by advocating some of the "stunts" on his show.

That translates over to this in my opinion. It's is our job here to question the sources and deny ignorance. All I see is some people questioning the authenticity of his claims. From what I gather he found "top secret" documents in a chest in an attic. With no proof other than his word for it...

I went to school with a kid that made similar claims like this to get attention. Bear seems a lot like that kid in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'm not so sure about that.

I watch A LOT of Survival shows;
Dual Survival,
Survivorman,
Dude, you're Screwed!,
Bear Grylls,
Man, Woman, Wild.... et c.

They all use the same techniques - the fundamentals of survival.
They are all made for TV as well.

Does that mean none of them hold any truth or nuggets of wisdom?

I'll let the viewer decide.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

That's like saying that you should be ashamed to be American because some of the Founding Fathers owned slaves.

You want to talk about things you allege the CIA to have done, but you don't give one syllable to the countless lives they've saved. Not everyone who works in or for the CIA is drug-dealing, human trafficking cutthroat. Believe it or not, there are quite a few patriots who care about protecting this country, our freedom, and your sorry ***.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I can probably count on one hand how many times I've ever watched Bear Grylls. However, one thing I know intimately well is that ANYTHING you see on television is always presented for entertainment value. Every reality show...all of them - Ghosthunters, Ancient Aliens, Bigfoot, Survivor, Naked & Afraid, all that mindless crap is done for entertainment value. Never take any of it at face value or as truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I watched that show for the few episodes it was on. I thought it was interesting. My husband thought it was crap. There were a few times when he managed to get away where my husband said if it had been "real life," the other country's military dudes would have shot and killed him easily.

I'm rather quite 'snobbish' when it comes to television. It takes a lot to earn and keep my attention and precious time. However, I enjoyed watching it just to see how we would evade his pursuers.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

He is no Ray mears.

Yeah, Bear Grylls always seems to be the same thing as Andrew Zimmern, only sleeping in a tent instead of a hotel room.

Or apparently not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join