It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's for Dinner?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sunday is our big cooking/dinner day. We always do our most elaborate and largest meal on Sunday with the idea it will provide us with leftovers for a good part of the rest of the week.

So this week, we're having Greek!

We're making gyros with tzatziki and hummus. About the only things we aren't making ourselves are the pitas. I'm excited to see how the gyro meat comes out. We've never tried the recipe before.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Homegrown asparagus, Rasberries, yogurt and Earl Gray.

So far I have lost 10 lbs in 2 wks just eating this for my evening meal and exercise. 15lbs to go.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We still have the big meal on Sunday, but we've been doing green salad with homemade vinaigrettes for lunch and trimming weight that way.

If you ever do a balsamic, canned chipotles and dark cherries are good combo to go in it.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So far I have lost 10 lbs in 2 wks just eating this for my evening meal and exercise. 15lbs to go.

Nice that you are losing weight, but I would be starving on that kind of diet and it isn't anything most people could keep up long term. LOL

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What on earth is tzatziki??????

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A cucumber dill sauce based in yogurt and seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in our version. If you've ever had gyros, it's the white sauce they usually put on them.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tonight I'm making my parents dinner. Mashed potatos and gravy, green beans, black-eyed peas, a salad and I am frying yes frying porkchops and chicken .

Southern food is so good you can actually hear your arteries hardening !

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: olaru12

Nice that you are losing weight, but I would be starving on that kind of diet and it isn't anything most people could keep up long term. LOL

I hope to change the evening meal soon to popcorn,basmadi rice and tortillas. This crash died and weight loss program is for a very specific purpose. After I achieve my goal and the project is finished...it will be challenge to keep the weight off.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Are you breading them first? My grandma used to bread her fried chops.

edit on 31-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That is good to know. Too many people go on extreme diets and try to do it long term which is very unhealthy. You are being sensible at least.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I really need to get my eyes checked. At first when I saw the word "hummus" I saw "humans" instead. It must be because you said you were eating Greek. Anyway, it sounds good. The food that is, not eating humans.
edit on 31-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That sauce sounds good. Do you have an herb garden? Fresh dill tastes and looks good.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yum! Can I come over? LOL

I like to shake N bake my pork chops. Delicious coating and pork chops come out nice and moist. Now I want pork chops and I didn't buy any this week. LOL

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Tabouleh called-he is wondering why he never got an invite. Greek salads and wraps are moreish; I don't care for the olives but they are still nice.

I make my own pizzas using pita bread as a base, Then I slather the base with pasta sauce, add shredded chicken breast, sliced jalapenos, diced white onion, sliced capsicum, sliced mushrooms, and a generous amount of mozzarella to top it off.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
1 killo of baked potatoes, half killo jasmine rice, some steamed carrots and some low sodium sweet and sour sauce, wasn't too shabby.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

THat sounds really good.

Tabouleh or cous cous is likely one of our next adventures, but we are limited on time today. We're still clearing out our basement. Instead, we're doing pan-fried golden potatoes as our side.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I used to grow some herbs on my patio before our son came along. I need to start that up again. So for now, no fresh herbs unless we spring for them.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I use flour, salt, pepper and tbl. Spoon old bay .

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Yum! Can I come over? LOL

I like to shake N bake my pork chops. Delicious coating and pork chops come out nice and moist. Now I want pork chops and I didn't buy any this week. LOL

Bone in is the only way to go. I fry them to make my pork chop gravy.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

My grandma was more farm wife with an English background. She'd use crushed soda crackers with some pepper and a few other things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join