It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport screeners must avoid breast area on women!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The TSA has annouced a new screening prodedure, where a woman's "chest area" is off limits unless they think there may be a bomb concealed there. I can see the problem now if some woman gets past the screening by concealing a box cutter, plastic gun, or some other item, and manages to bring down a plane.

WASHINGTON - In response to numerous complaints from women, the government has ordered airport security personnel to avoid touching female passengers between their breasts when performing patdown searches.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I guess I would be offended if I was groped during a patdown search, but on the other hand I think security is much more important! Plus by publishing this new policy it could give future female terrorist's ideas! Only in America do they publish the way to get around security, they could have implemented this new policy and not informed the press!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I guess it is a dumb idea to tell the press the new security rules, im sure soon men will refuse to be 'groped' in the groin area...... i for one insist they check me at least 6 times.... just incase!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The new policy was implemented by the Transportation Security Administration on Sept. 22, after 90 people were killed in two plane crashes in Russia believed to have been caused by Chechen women who carried explosives on board.

Wake up TSA you had it right the first time. BTW in case you did not read the whole story it was a Lawyer that started this all. Wonder if she was a member of the ACLU

[edit on 12/23/2004 by shots]

*Added Quote Tag

[edit on 24-12-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Are those sillicon implants or semtex ma'am?

I believe the Brits are fielding soft x-rays scanners that bounce of the skin and doesn't damage the cells

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Gives some discussion about ethics itselve, but seems much better than brest and groin groping...

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why the hell can't they employ female screeners?!! Amazing, but stupid thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Attention all terrorists! Small breasted women with 38DD bras are the key to airline terror! Hear ye! Hear ye!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Why the hell can't they employ female screeners?!! Amazing, but stupid thing.

They could be lesbians.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think it is ridiculous that they are changing this because a couple hundred people complain about the manner in which they are being screened. They are checking for explosives to prevent the way it occured on the Russian airliners earlier this year. If you are that sensitive to someone touching between and under your breasts for 5 seconds in order to protect people, than I say "don't fly, take a train or a bus". Like I said, this is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Airport Screener. Another career opportunity that has suddenly lost it's appeal

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
When did it ever have any appeal?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
True enough, but a little groping in the line of duty isn't the worst job perk.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We put up with enough crap to fly already - touching private areas is out of bounds for free people.

Originally posted by jeeze louise
I can see the problem now if some woman gets past the screening by concealing a box cutter, plastic gun, or some other item, and manages to bring down a plane.

I think security is much more important!

First of all the cockpit doors have been dead bolted, so the issue is not a weapon - duh.

Originally posted by infinite8
I think it is ridiculous that they are changing this because a couple hundred people complain about the manner in which they are being screened. "don't fly, take a train or a bus".

If your afraid of terrorist why don't you walk.

So, if you both think security is more important, how would you feel about body cavity searches? Come in the room drop your pants and spread your cheeks and let them stick their finger or camera in there just to make sure nobody has a bomb or weapon in there. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will post it on the internet so everyone can see what you are.

I think your both ridiculous and neither deserves to live in a free country - don't you dare expect us to give up our freedom just because you don't value it. You make me sick

[edit on 24-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
We put up with enough crap to fly already - touching private areas is out of bounds for free people.

So, if you both think security is more important, how would you feel about body cavity searches? Come in the room drop your pants and spread your cheeks and let them stick their finger or camera in there just to make sure nobody has a bomb or weapon in there. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will post it on the internet so everyone can see what you are.

I think your both ridiculous and neither deserves to live in a free country - don't you dare us to give up our freedom just because you don't value it. You make me sick

Your taking it out of proportion giving someone an anal search is alot different than doing a pat down around the breasts...

Im sure it would be done and private and only would happen if they failed the medal detectors several times.

If you can't handle that I say don't fly. Get over yourself, your not king sh*t.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

If you can't handle that I say don't fly. Get over yourself, your not king sh*t.

Anytime anywhere Conan the wanabe - Care to meet me for a beer and discuss who's who in the scheme of things? I am a King when compared to minions who give up their freedom without a fight. If you want to live in a prison don't try to turn My Country into one - go for it and break the law there's plenty of room.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
LOL some people think there so much better than others these days, it's pathetic mate and so are you.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Beware people women breast should come with a safety warning, the can be harmful to your safety while boarding and airplane.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

LOL some people think there so much better than others these days, it's pathetic mate and so are you.

You're the one who made the challenge implying I'm not sht - just because I won't let people tread on my personal freedoms and I despise people who try to. I think America is better than most places, we have those freedoms that many don't - and you do too mate. I think you're pathetic for being so blinded by false security. Yes, I think I'm smarter than those who can't see the big picture beyond the breast issue. If I was really smart I'd have enough money to charter a private jet and give the TSA the bird.

My point was that if people can stash a bomb under their breast, they can just as easily hide it in their butt crack, anus, stomach etc. Therefore, unless your going to strip search everyone & do body cavity searches your no safer whether or not they do a breast search. If you can't make it through the bomb sniffer or the metal detector you go home or you subject yourself to a more intense search - duh, nobody's arguing that.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Number 1 no one is stripsearching anyone its a simple procedure. If you set off the metal detector you get sent to the side for a more thorough search with a hand held metal detector. If you set off the hand held metal detector you get patted down in the area in which you set set off the metal detector. Its not a big deal unless you make it a big deal. The whole procedure takes a minute and is beyond routine and believe me the last thing we want to do is to grope your stuck up ass. In fact if you give us an attitude we just want to get rid of you even quicker. No one is getting groped by men and being forced to strip down to their bra in front of everyone in the airport. The whole thing is ridiculous. People just like to complain and feel like their special.

Godamn Americans dont know what its like to sacrifice in the face of danger. If its an inconveience its the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I knew there was bound to be some of you posting here. I'm sure most of those doing your job are decent people like you seem to be, but the fact is there are some bad ones at there.

First of all, I think most if not all of the complaining is about domestic flights (begin & end in US), because most Americans feel we should be able to travel around our own country freely without the Ghestpo treatment. It's always been understood by most travelers that if you want to leave the U.S. you have to abide by a stricter set of rules both at home and the rules & wishes of the countries you go to - and we accept that. Yes, since 911 we also expect more security for domestic flights, but we will complain when we feel searches become unreasonable - there has to be a balance. I'm sure there are some like John Ashcroft (hail Hitler) who would have them looking up everyones buttholes if they could, but you know what we won't allow it.

Originally posted by boogyman
The whole thing is ridiculous. People just like to complain and feel like their special.

Were some women being touched inappropriately in the breast area? I'd guess you'd have to ask the women who complained - instead of making the blanket statement and assuming there are no pervs working in your industry. Since, we have perv cops, perv priest, & pervs every other industry, I think it's reasonable to assume that the TSA is not immune for letting in bad apples either. Even if all the complaints were BS, the policy allowing that type of search has changed to protect women.

I've never had a problem with the TSA, mostly because I plan ahead & I don't set off metal detectors. I agree the process is simple and fairly quick in well managed airports. There was a time when that was not so.

Godamn Americans dont know what its like to sacrifice in the face of danger
True, but that's because we are rarely in danger. I can still get a knife on any plane at any airport I've ever been too, because I know what you're looking for & how you look. The only people that can't are idiots, first time or infrequent travelers. That was the crux of my complaints, when the delay at security was often more then the flight time and you had to ask yourself if I can get a knife through a terrorist could to, so why are we going through all these stupid procedures?

Bottom line is commericial airports are for commericial airplanes and the people flying in back seats are the reason airports exist, and they will always have the last say, because they're the ones paying the bills. (tickets, taxes & fees). Yes, we hired a government agency to do this job - but when we don't like what their doing we tell them by complaining and if there's enough complaints they usually respond - that's the process and that's what occured in this thread subject.

The policy on hijackers has been changed, the cockpit doors are bolted, we have upgraded the security checkpoints to allow for a more through screenings in a resonable amount time and as soon as we have bomb sniffing machines & dogs at every check point at every airport - we've done all we can do. No, system is perfect & we have to have checks & balances.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Your taking it out of proportion giving someone an anal search is alot different than doing a pat down around the breasts...

Im sure it would be done and private and only would happen if they failed the medal detectors several times.

That's right...! Also, there are new ways of screening that shows non-metal objects, that should be placed at airports. But that is also violencing privacy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join