It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That cancer-causing tracking device in your pocket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Didn't own one for the first ten years they were really popular.

Ever since buying one, have always kept it at arm's distance. Never leave it in my pocket. Never sleep with it on the night stand anywhere close to my head.

When I travel, it is off and the battery is out.

Absolutely no doubt that everything its used for gets recorded in a database by somebody who does not in any way have my best interests in mind.

Really hoping to replace it one day with technology I have more control over.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Actually... you don't need a phone to swim in EMF (electromagnetic frequencies). Electromagnetism is alreay all around you - from radio stations to the Sun itself.

edit on 29-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ah! you mean a new set of false teeth!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Ah! you mean a new set of false teeth!

LOL!

No. No, not exactly.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

First of all, like Swanne has stated, electromagnetism is all around you, there is no escape from it in our modern world.

Second, as a radiologist who works with me has explained, Ultraviolet radiation is more than 300,000 times more intense than radio and microwave radiation which means you have a greater chance of getting cancer from the sun than from your cell phone. Microwave radiation from mobile phones is not strong enough to alter your DNA and thus cause cancer.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Firstly everything causes cancer.. Secondly I think you are thinking a bit to deeply if you believe someone is recording your every conversation..

I must say though you must have a really exciting life if they will later use it against you.. All they would hear from me is really bad singing, drunken meaningless conversations with my male friends and my missus screaming in ecstasy.. er... occasionally.

edit on 29/5/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

First of all, like Swanne has stated, electromagnetism is all around you, there is no escape from it in our modern world.

Second, as a radiologist who works with me has explained, Ultraviolet radiation is more than 300,000 times more intense than radio and microwave radiation which means you have a greater chance of getting cancer from the sun than from your cell phone. Microwave radiation from mobile phones is not strong enough to alter your DNA and thus cause cancer.

Your radiologist doesnt sound very...informed.

A phone radiates in all directions, but when we hold a phone to our head a full half of the radiation enters our head!
Hold the phone at arms length and the amount hitting our head is greatly reduced.

Ultraviolet radiation causes problems for completely different reasons, and also, stand in the shade of a tree and the ultraviolet cant get you, but phone radiation cares not about the tree, it goes through it.

As I said, your radiologist doesnt sound very...informed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks The good part is that they can turn on the camera and mic even when you are not using it, just like your computer. The good part is sarcasm. Bad part .. it's true. Stew on that for a while.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Your radiologist doesnt sound very...informed.

A phone radiates in all directions, but when we hold a phone to our head a full half of the radiation enters our head!
Hold the phone at arms length and the amount hitting our head is greatly reduced.

Ultraviolet radiation causes problems for completely different reasons, and also, stand in the shade of a tree and the ultraviolet cant get you, but phone radiation cares not about the tree, it goes through it.

As I said, your radiologist doesnt sound very...informed.

The Journal of the National Cancer Institute followed 420,000 mobile phone users for 13 years, the biggest study so far and they published their peer reviewed article which says that there is no confirmed connection between microwave radiation from a phone and cancer:

Risk for these cancers ... did not vary by duration of cellular telephone use, time since first subscription, age at first subscription, or type of cellular telephone (analogue or digital). Analysis of brain and nervous system tumors showed no statistically significant [standardized incidence ratios] for any subtype or anatomic location. The results of this investigation ... do not support the hypothesis of an association between use of these telephones and tumors of the brain or salivary gland, leukemia, or other cancers.

Link to the article: jnci.oxfordjournals.org...

Are these scientists informed enough for you?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I could post links to articles showing that research has established links between mobiles and cancer, but what good would it do? You would just post more links that support your view, and I'd respond with my own links, and round and round we go!
Also, my gripe with your radiologist was the use of the radiaton-ultraviolet comparrison.

I have a medical certificate from my doctor, it states that mobile phones cause me headaches and dizzyness and that I should not use them. He wrote it so that my employer could not force me to use a mobile phone.
At first we didn't know it was the phone causing my problems, it was only discovered when I realised the symptoms only showed the day after long phone conversasions. I had to keep a record of everything I ate and drank, how much I slept etc etc etc. After several weeks my doctor agreed that the phone was the problem.
If I never use the phone I never get the problems. If I use the phone the problems return.
For me, that is conclusive proof that the phone is affecting my brain, and yet I'm quite sure you could post links telling me that its impossible.
You see, science tells me that mobiles cannot cause dizzyness and headaches, and yet I know they do, so why on earth should I believe the science that says they do not cause cancer?!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I have heard of mobile phones causing dizziness, headaches, nausea and even confusion (I'm a nurse) and it's not due to the microwave radiations: it's caused by the vestibular apparatus (in charge of our equilibrium and spatial orientation). We have two vestibular systems, one in each ear, and research has shown that mobiles stimulate one system but not the other, causing the symptoms you suffer with. And those patients are advised to avoid talking on mobile phones. (There are also other causes for this condition, Unilateral Vestibular Hypofunction, but there seems to be a link with mobiles).

I can try to search for those articles if you want me to.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

They can still track you even if the phone is off.

The sim card works as an RFID chip.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have heard if you wrap the phone in aluminum foil signals can't be sent or received thus you cannot be tracked. Can anyone confirm this?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If you do not like the things that could happen from owning a smartphone. Things such as the possibility of cancer increase and the various ways you could be spied on. Then simply do not own a smartphone. If you come back with the reply.

"I need my smartphone for so much stuff, I could not possibly get rid of it."

Then you obviously are not seriously worried.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I have a medical certificate from my doctor, it states that mobile phones cause me headaches and dizzyness and that I should not use them. He wrote it so that my employer could not force me to use a mobile phone.
Sorry dude but I could tell my GP that being close to people using microwave ovens causes me migraines and he would write me a cert. So long as he believes me I'll get that certificate.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, just that your doctors cert means pretty much nothing more than he/she believes what you told them.

*Edit*
Unless of course you are saying you have had tests during a brain scan where mobile phones have been used near your head to see your reaction. I doubt that on the NHS though lol, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 12.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Sorry dude but I could tell my GP that being close to people using microwave ovens causes me migraines and he would write me a cert. So long as he believes me I'll get that certificate.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, just that your doctors cert means pretty much nothing more than he/she believes what you told them.

*Edit*
Unless of course you are saying you have had tests during a brain scan where mobile phones have been used near your head to see your reaction. I doubt that on the NHS though lol, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Testing with a brain scanner is not the only way to come to a conclusion!
If every time you ate a particular food you became ill I'm quite sure that very soon you would say "That food makes me ill"
No scanner required.

I had the symptoms I mentioned, but the doctor nor myself had any clue as to the cause, it was only through keeping records that the phone became suspect. I was a lorry driver, and we are required by law to take breaks, I would split my break into two sessions, during those breaks I would write down the days events....and receive phone calls!
Eventually it became clear that the symptoms always followed long phone conversasions.
I stopped using the phone and the symptoms stopped. Using the phone caused the symptoms to return.
Faced with this the doc had no choice but agree the phone was the cause.

Did you read Agartha's reply above?

I have heard of mobile phones causing dizziness, headaches, nausea and even confusion (I'm a nurse) and it's not due to the microwave radiations: it's caused by the vestibular apparatus (in charge of our equilibrium and spatial orientation). We have two vestibular systems, one in each ear, and research has shown that mobiles stimulate one system but not the other, causing the symptoms you suffer with.

Agartha (A Nurse) knows of research showing how mobile phones cause the symptoms, and yet denies its caused by the raditation! Can you see the problem with that?
There is no other stimulus other than the radiation, therefore it must be the radiation.

What else is the radiation responsible for?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I don't disagree with anything you say there, I just questioned this:

It was the 'medical certificate from my doctor' bit implying that is anymore believable than your personal testimony. You told your doctor you suffer symptoms at the times you were using mobile phones, he/she believed you and wrote that certificate.
In this conversation, your medical certificate is irrelevant and adds no weight to the 'radiation dangers of mobiles' argument, unless you have had specific tests carried out to prove it in your case. You have mentioned none, so the doctor wrote the certificate on your testimony alone, and it therefore means pretty much nothing more than the doctor believed you, not that it is proof of your condition.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You say the docs cert provided to me, carries no weight because I haven't had "specifice" tests.
Well, I did have specific evidence, that evidence being - I use a mobile I suffer symptoms - I don't use a mobile I get no symptoms.
The docs cert was issued based on those symptoms and the records I kept.
For me that does carry enough weight.
That may not be enough for you, and I do note that you require "specifice" evidence.
Thats your choice.

There has been much research into this subject, and there are many groups made up of GP's from all over the world, who have found the same as myself and others, that mobile phone radiation does cause an array of symptoms, but just like any other contentious subject, if those doctors do not belong to a "specific" group, then we are supposed to just ignore anything they say. I find that very worrying!

I'd still be interested to know your view on what Agartha wrote.

I have heard of mobile phones causing dizziness, headaches, nausea and even confusion (I'm a nurse) and it's not due to the microwave radiations: it's caused by the vestibular apparatus (in charge of our equilibrium and spatial orientation). We have two vestibular systems, one in each ear, and research has shown that mobiles stimulate one system but not the other, causing the symptoms you suffer with.

A nurse, who can provide the research showing that mobiles cause the symptoms, then goes on to state "its not the radiation".
I find that to be a very interesting statement! I will ask Agartha to explain it, because there is no other stimulus other than the radiation coming from a mobile.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I have heard of mobile phones causing dizziness, headaches, nausea and even confusion (I'm a nurse) and it's not due to the microwave radiations: it's caused by the vestibular apparatus (in charge of our equilibrium and spatial orientation). We have two vestibular systems, one in each ear, and research has shown that mobiles stimulate one system but not the other, causing the symptoms you suffer with. And those patients are advised to avoid talking on mobile phones. (There are also other causes for this condition, Unilateral Vestibular Hypofunction, but there seems to be a link with mobiles).

I can try to search for those articles if you want me to.

Hi Agartha.
Thanks for the info concerning symptoms.
Could you please explain your comment "it's not due to the microwave radiations"
I ask because you wrote "research has shown that mobiles stimulate one system but not the other"
How would you explain that stimulus if its not the radiation, because there is no other output from a mobile other than the radiation.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You say the docs cert provided to me, carries no weight because I haven't had "specifice" tests.
Well, I did have specific evidence, that evidence being - I use a mobile I suffer symptoms - I don't use a mobile I get no symptoms.
The docs cert was issued based on those symptoms and the records I kept.
Nope, your doctors certificate merely indicates that he/she believed you when you self identified with symptoms while using a mobile.
I could go to my doc tomorrow, lie that I'm having panic attacks/anxiety, then get a med-cert for a week or two for sure.
The medical certificate only means the doctor believed me. He would have no way of knowing if I was in fact suffering said anxiety.

I don't disagree that there is evidence that excessive mobile use can cause health issues, but you making out your doctors cert is somehow proof is ridiculous, for the reasons I have explained.
Your doctor does NOT know that you suffered the symptoms, just that you told them so, and he/she believed you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join