It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIFA officials busted for corruption!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
We all kind of thought so (Worldcup in Russia 2018, Qatar in 2022!!!!?????!), but now there were 6 high-ranking officials arrested!

huffpost.com

Well, that was about time!

Right now, there is a press conference, actually regarding the election of Sepp Blatter, again, for president. There seems to be another topic on top of it.

HA! Gotcha!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I know football is one of the largest spectator sports in the world, but it seriously needs an overhaul, if not disbandment at the competitive level - yes, I know that will never happen. Just like how corruption will always plague pro sports so long as big money is involved.

From this corruption to hooliganism to grossly over paid players who fake injuries (justify it all you want, it's still pathetic), should be obvious clues that this sport truly isn't made to bring people together anymore. It's to get a few people stinking rich and keep that divide and conquer mentality alive and well with team tribalism of the masses.

I say strip them all of all of their "wealth" and do something useful with the stadiums. Perhaps turn it into housing for the underprivileged/homeless.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I honestly never thought anything like this would happen. FIFA has been so corrupt for so long, I'm actually kind of stunned.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Only a few decade late...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Thankyou America for tackling this

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

When I first heard the story I was a bit surprised , after a few hours I'm a bit suspicious.
Firstly , a few days ago a couple of the candidates in the FIFA leadership contest withdrew and put their support behind the only other credible candidate Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein , now the US busts FIFA officials , I'm willing to bet Blatter supporters.

Far be it for me to suggest that perhaps the Jordanians called in a favour but it does look , to me at least , a bit suspicious.
To kill a hydra you must cut off all of its heads

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Considering how little America cares about soccer in general, or FIFA, I doubt there was any dark intent behind this.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Considering how little America cares about football makes me think there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not sure why, really. Nearly everybody named in the indictments is accused of committing crimes either in or originating in the U.S. and South America.

24 year long schemes, millions upon millions of dollars, plenty of press....pretty much a wet dream for DoJ. Blatter isn't even named in the indictment, which it seems to me if they were going to create some big ruse, he'd be involved in it as well. DoJ is looking at bribery and racketeering that occurred either entirely in the U.S. or involved American companies or interests. The Swiss are looking into much the same thing, but in regards to the Qatar and Russian world cups. Both of those have had all kinds of allegations of bribery for well over a year now, and FIFA did precisely bupkis about it. So other people did.

top topics

join