It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem identifying a regular object that seems to appear and then vanish!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hello All,

I do believe this is probably my first post, so I'll just jump right in.

Every single night there seems to be this "star" or sometimes "group of stars" (No more than 3) that appear to be very bright in the low horizon, sometimes the lowest appearing object in the sky. I have a witness to the event, and it has become common for me to see it daily when I consciously recognize it.

I would like to note it is this single object 95% of the time and have only recently discovered the other two stars that sometimes accompany it.

Well, sometime between 930 and 1130 it always seems to just VANISH! The rest of the stars will still be out, the moon, everything, except for that ONE star, or sometimes, the THREE stars as mentioned briefly above. What could cause it to just vanish out of the sky since it remains in the same location every eve night and without changing locations just disappears?

This is all occurring on clear nights, no visible clouds in the sky to possibly block the light.

I am coming to you in hopes of either getting an explanation as to what could be occurring, or give me information on how to better document this occurrence so that it may be explored by someone more knowledgeable than myself. Does anyone know of any amateur telescopes that would allow a novice to get a good look at whats up there? or is that dangerous?

I have noted that sometimes it appears as if its transmitted different types of light as it sometimes appears to flash or pulse (could be an optical illusion though.)

I have grown an odd sense of connection with this thing and have seen it for quite some time (possibly more than 3 years) but I have never questioned it as deeply as I have now.

Is there some sort of spiritual connection with this star/object? How come no one in my area has made any claims about it? I would assume that if things are appearing and disappearing in the sky, someone should at least be aware of its presence other than me since this is a nightly occurrence.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It would be best if you could visually document this phenomenon for us before we could properly address it. You'll likely here a response soon along the lines of "Pics or it didn't happen".

Get some video footage and we'll be more accurate with our conclusions.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intunewithmyself

Take a photo of them, and then take another when they have disappeared (Including the stars that remain) include the direction you are facing, rough location and time, and I'm sure someone here with knowledge of the night skies will be able to help.
edit on 26/5/2015 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Have you looked for it with binoculars after it disappears? If it only has something to do with the other stars brightness you should still be able to see it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Venus, Mars and Jupiter are all visible in the evening sky right now I believe.
Download the ap stellarium and see what matches up

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks! I will continue this homework assignment and try and get some visuals for everyone!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If it's in the low horizon, could it be that they disappear after a couple of hours, beyond the horizon?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Since you are stating that you see this object low in the horizon;
It may be "something" reflecting off the atmosphere then vanish due to change of conditions or location. Like the moon that looks bigger when is low in the horizon.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Do you have stellarium.org... or one of the star programs? If not, maybe you could download one of those programs and then do a search in that area of the sky and take a snapshot and share it with us or you could give me specifics on where you are at and what direction you were looking and what time it was and I can do do it for you!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Back while I was still doing research on UFO's.I would always watch the
skies at night or early morning. One morning I noticed a star I hadn't seen
before.I started to watch this star and then it started to move,dimmed
it's light and was suddenly gone! It was like a light switch going on then off.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

was there ever a feeling of paranormal connection?

I really enjoy entertaining the idea of an ET connection but I also understand that the mind tends to create what the heart wants!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Try to see if you can snap pics of this. Also if you are able to share your location I can match it with a skymap and try to help you. Make a note what direction you are looking. Do you have a compass on your phone? You can get exact heading and coordinates (Example: 293 Degrees - 30.27'52 N 84.14'33 E)that would be great.
edit on Tuesdayu2015-05-26T14:54:42-05:00America/Chicago531America/Chicago5542 by lucentenigma because: update

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lucentenigma

I think I am going to try the stellurium app, or something similar. I have no problems doing something like that, but would enjoy keeping my location away from the public. Could you do this if you had general information such as state, or would you need a physical address?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I understand about not wanting to share your address. You can PM me if you prefer or if you still are not comfortable if you could give general info (city, state) and your heading when looking at the phenomenon that would help a lot!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No I didn't.When I first noticed this "star".I remember saying...
"Hello there I haven't seen you before". I soon as I said that,
that is when it moved,dimmed and vanished.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

All that is really necessary is the city for an accurate rendition of your location, it would also help if you could give a direction you are facing when you are looking and any other stars or planets that you know for sure are in the general area or a constellation that you recognize. if I knew the state even I could take 4 snapshots from each cardinal point.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

When you say "low", how low are we talking here? Could this be something so simple as a light, or group of lights, at some location, that comes on at disk, and shuts off at a certain hour, on a timer? Some ball field lights are like that.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As a guess I would say you're seeing satellites. Geostationary satellites are at 22,500 miles up and would probably be lit up by the sun up to several hours after sunset. And that would explain why they go out quickly as the sun sets from their viewpoint.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
UPDATE: As it turns out I think I have been watching Venus. I downloaded a star gazing app on my phone and it was mostly SPOT on. I do not understand why I have been so drawn to it though.

I also love staring at Orions belt. Hands down my favorite!

Anyways thanks guys for the help in debunking this for me!

top topics

join