It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Put the Crown Face Image on Mars Through Photo Editing And This Is What I Got

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Yeah, I can see that being the case now. Might be fairly recent too.

I guess its possible that someone or something rolled the boulder down on purpose to sculpt the nose....goddagit...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: draknoir2

Yeah, I can see that being the case now. Might be fairly recent too.

I guess its possible that someone or something rolled the boulder down on purpose to sculpt the nose....goddagit...

Have you seen a rolling boulder that carved a gulley that big? One rolling boulder, and we have rolling boulders all the time here. We are assuming the weight of the boulder on Mars would have the same gravitational effects as on Earth, yet we don't know how much the rocks there weigh and we don't know how porous they are.

Let's think about this, maybe rocks on Mars have a different density than here, the ground would then be much heavier than here, and how do we know they act the same?

Certainly on Earth, the rocks seem much more dense, but what about the ground there? How solid is the ground? How deep? How much pressure on Mars does it take to carve things with boulders?

ETA: And how much magnetic force is on a planet primarily covered with iron? Say said rock is not full of iron, but perhaps some other substance (meaning like granite), then what are the effects of that?

There is no way to know what those "boulders" are even made of, so one rolling boulder might be porous or it might be full of iron, we don't know. To say a rolling boulder did it requires knowledge of said rocks, ground, gravitational pull and magnetic characteristics.

edit on 5/29/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

The moon has even weaker gravity.

www.universetoday.com...

And I'm pretty sure that by now we have a handle on the density of lunar and Martian rocks.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Have you seen a rolling boulder that carved a gulley that big?

I really have no clue. I just stumbled on that link and thought the boulder animation made sense. Even caused me to not see the face. The link has a lot of information in it with numbers and math and stuff. Luckily there was an animated GIF that got my attention because I have no attention span.

I came across this image a while back. I was really into the Martian art for a while. Someone else showed how it was actually 3 half faces or something. I will try to find that link if you want.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

The moon has even weaker gravity.

www.universetoday.com...

And I'm pretty sure that by now we have a handle on the density of lunar and Martian rocks.

I looked at that imagine from the link provided and scrolled through it, seems there is a lot of wind on the Moon. Close to the bottom left, there is a rock that appears to have rolled up instead of down.

The boulders it came from are actually down the slope, but the boulder moved up the hill, you can see the track and the direction.

I don't know how to crop that image to show you, but it seems to have defied gravity.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

herotwins.hypermart.net...

How cool is that?

edit on 29-5-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Looks Giger-esque.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join