It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter: Iraqis showed 'no will to fight' in Ramadi

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

i think its being called Free Enterprise now; that's what I've decided to call it.

i want to know why can't Iraq be allowed to die and the United States allow something new to emerge?

i mean, ISIS will be destroyed either way, but what's the purpose of the political concept called Iraq?

Rumours are that ISIS is backed by Israel and that could mean that the U.S. have a hand in on it also. Keeping ISIS going is a money maker, whatever tactics are being used out there.

Do you really believe that?

Seriously?

The UN caught Israel giving supplies to the Nusra Front which is an arm of both Al-Qaeda and ISIS.
New UN report reveals collaboration between Israel and Syrian rebels

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Oh, I totally agree with you there, on all those points.

A military full of un-motivated soldiers is useless in their situation; I was just trying to pick at why they're un-motivated. It wasn't a defense of their mindset, by any means. Not everyone is cut out to be a soldier. Maybe lack of foresight, too much faith in getting a paycheque in those Dinar caused unfit people to flock to the army.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WizardVanWizard

i think a possible explanation of what appears to be a lack of motivation is that the Iraqi's are working with isis to lure the United States into a trap...

...much like the one hussein and al qaeda tried and failed to do.

the Iraqi's and isis probably know they can't achieve a strategic victory based upon their own objectives, but perhaps they are working with other groups...perhaps in Somalia/Kenya and Western Africa on some kind a master plan that they imagine will be delivered as a master stroke.

it just seems time to break the trap.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You bring up an interesting point. The current paradigm is Western driven.

If we decide break that, what would its replacement look like? Kurdistan is one element. Turkey and Iran won't have any of it but tough. Do we continue to divide the rest among religious or sectarian lines? IDK.

Even if Iraq goes this way, will it help them stand on their own? Does it lead to 'new-border' violence? Who gets Baghdad? IDK

Off the point; the retreat in Ramadi made my stomach turn. Sorry, it has little to do with the OP but it is agonizing to me. Then they left the equipment behind. And then blame the US.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The Iraq military is filled with cowards and traitors.....Personally I think they support these scumbags and that is the real reason.

The Kurds are who we should arm and support.......Good people.......Honorable....Good fighters.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join