It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakfast Anyone? What tickles your Olfactory nerves?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There you are dreaming away when all of the sudden you get a sensation creep into your nose from the kitchen....someone is cooking breakfast....could be your Mom when you were a kid, could be your spouse when you are married, could be your Grandma when you went to visit....but someone is cooking your favorite breakfast and you can SMELL it...it wakes you up from that wonderful dream you were having because your brain has decided it is time to quit dreaming and get to the table....which SMELL got you though? Which one made you stop dreaming? Was it the coffee? Was it the bacon? Was it the scrambled eggs? Was it the pork chops? Was it the hash browns? Was it the cinnamon rolls? Was it the sausage? Was it the biscuits and cream gravy? Was it the French toast? Was it the ham?

Okay, now you are at the table....what is the very first thing you reach for? Is it the very thing you smelled that got you out of bed or is it something else? I might smell the coffee and I might smell the cinnamon rolls and I might smell the sausage....me the bacon gets me every time!

Enjoy and ya'll come back now ya hear?!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Hello this Caladonea Clampet here...for breakfast I like the smell of fryin' taters and strong coffee!

In these hills we all like our taters!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Any and all the foodstuffs mentioned.(and more).Breakfast has always been my favorite meal.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

People other then myself can cook food inside my house and it'll be for me?

When did this happen and how do I take part? I've been making my own breakfast or skipping it while making my kids breakfast for sometime now.

Is this button hidden on my keyboard?

I do sometimes dream of hash browns, but then I wake up and realize I have to cut and cook em still and they turn less appealing.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hech's!!!!!

That is ham eggs on a grilled cheese sandwich!!!!

Takes some time to make, because first you have to cut and fry the ham, then cook the eggs, and butter the bread......but the payoff is glorious!!

Make sure when you do this to put the cheese in between the ham and the fried egg.

If you do it any other way you you try to eat it you get the scenario where you pull the sandwich apart.

Like when you take a bite if hot pizza and all the toppings want to come off with it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Datemi un cappuccino e un cornetto o datemi la morte!

maybe not exactly what Patrick Henry said, but works for me!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Typically, i want bacon and french roast coffee for breakfast. But if im eating carbs, i want a bacon toaster (bacon, egg over easy, cheese, grilled in a sandwich).

Some mornings I want menudo. Usually after drinking the night before.

Some mornings i would prefer pancakes.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Orange Juice while i prepare the rest and then tea with milk 'n 2, plus pancakes with butter and golden or maple syrup. Om nom. Maybe a cinnamon Danish too given the opportunity.

I managed to knock the morning Chillum on the head like ages ago.

In the winter it's thick porridge with an ungodly amount of golden syrup on it.

If i'm avoiding amphetamine mimicking amounts of syrup, i'll have a bowl of shreddies.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That would actually be terrifying if you live alone.There are two smells that get me going in the morning. One is bacon cooking. The other is coffee. Well, that and smoke. Waking up and smelling smoke is never a good thing.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Hello this Caladonea Clampet here...for breakfast I like the smell of fryin' taters and strong coffee!

In these hills we all like our taters!

There is no such thing as strong coffee, just oversensitive people. If the spoon isn't standing up in the cup, it's just not right. Everything else might as well be koolaide.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Geotta, if I could melt the stuff in a spoon I would run it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Honey Bunches of Oats is amazing. Just Bunches is like crack in a box that you pour milk over.

Either of those two have a spot at my table any time they want.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Full English or Irish breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, fried bread, toast or swap in some wheaten bread, potato bread or maybe some hash browns. A selection of the above would be heavenly.

I may not be able to move afterwards but that'd be my ideal. Oh and realistically I would be in a lovely B&B because it never tastes as good at home when you cook it yourself.

I have never done sweet stuff for breakfast and it doesn't appeal to me. So interesting to see the different things people have for breakfast.

Scally

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

People other then myself can cook food inside my house and it'll be for me?

When did this happen and how do I take part? I've been making my own breakfast or skipping it while making my kids breakfast for sometime now.

Is this button hidden on my keyboard?

I do sometimes dream of hash browns, but then I wake up and realize I have to cut and cook em still and they turn less appealing.

I feel very lucky, on weekends my husband always cooks his famous veggie omelettes with mushrooms and vegan cheese with country potatoes for us. Wonderful but he does leave a mess

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Huevos Rancheros, with an extra side of Red. y tequila sunrise at Sadies on 4th. My GF refuses to cook and for that I'm thankful. There are so many fantastic restaurants here in the Rio Grande valley.
edit on 20-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hate threads like this, they make my stomach growl. Why do I keep opening this type of thread when I know there are going to be food pictures,

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is why I made it....just to taunt you and torture you!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yeah not only was I waiting for a veg fan to show up but someone to whine about how they have to do all the cooking...yet I love cooking and the mess is part of the fun....of course I am very organized when I make my messes and I am the only one I want to do the cooking!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

And you would rather be the one to clean up the mess for others instead?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well that sucks really....nothing like the smell of burnt eggs and stale coffee!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join