It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home made EmDrive appears to work.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Lol, wtf is this dude upto
a reply to: kidcraig

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Man, you don't want to be dicking around with beryllium in the garage.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Man, you don't want to be dicking around with beryllium in the garage.

Lol, or with time/dark matter radiation for that matter either

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

I don't know what dark matter radiation might do. I DO know what beryllium does. And it ain't pretty.

It's a thing you have to be aware of in the radio/radar biz - a lot of the bigger tubes that are still in service have beryllium bases.

eta: some heatsinks in aerospace are BeO. They work great, but man, you don't want to do any machining unless you're prepared to do it immersed.
edit on 21-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nausea, losing bone mass and red blood cells among other things.
But I would imagine zinc can be used instead of beryllium in radio / radar equipment
a reply to: Bedlam

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Nochzwei

I don't know what dark matter radiation might do. I DO know what beryllium does. And it ain't pretty.

It's a thing you have to be aware of in the radio/radar biz - a lot of the bigger tubes that are still in service have beryllium bases.

eta: some heatsinks in aerospace are BeO. They work great, but man, you don't want to do any machining unless you're prepared to do it immersed.

Exactly even scratching it sends particles airborne once you breath them in you basically get turbuculosis. In his case he could contaminate that whole room so even family members are in danger.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Rumor had it that some prof at school had a mentally unstable pissed off physics major send him an envelope full of beryllium powder.

I always thought that would be an untapped resource in mailing someone something lethal. No one expects beryllium powder! (jarring chord)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
But more than likely has going to give himself beryllium poisoning.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Where's the beryllium in this device?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kidcraig
a reply to: dragonridr

Damn. And just when I thought some guy in his garage figured out how to take us to Mars.

Actually Em Drive has been around for awhile. Here's a link to SPR's website:
www.emdrive.com...
As you will see if you investigate the technology, there is something to this. The data has been verified experimentally, and though controversial, the design has not been invalidated. I'm not sure why the other posters are insisting that beryllium must be a component, because it doesn't need to be as far as I can tell. You do want to be careful with EM radiation, though. I disagree with dragonridr's assessment that the scale was malfunctioning, looked like it was working just fine to me. Of course using a manual balance scale system could eliminate that variable. Here's another article if you're interested:
www.nasaspaceflight.com...

edit on 26-5-2015 by engineercutout because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: engineercutout

Your wrong on so much the em drive hasn't proven to be credible. The data was never released to the public and I believe what it does is manipulate earth's magnetic field. So the energy wouldn't be useful in space. The amount of thrust was still within margin of error. And apparently the thrust didn't happen on every test it should though. The Read Danger Now IS People Who ARE Clueless To THE Dangers Trying To Reproduce THE Results..

The other likely hood is a leak yes microwaves would indeed provide thrust with the small amounts were discussing a leak could explain the results. But all that aside essentially putting microwaves into a sealed box is like taking anap RC helicopter putting in into a box and flying the box around the room. I would bet when or if we see the paper will found out no thrust is produced if sitting on a scale and requires it to be moving thus creating a margin of error.

m.space.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: drivebricker
Can you blame him, he didn't even use the Tare button for heaven's sake. He completely turned the scale off and on again to zero it out.

you're making an assumption. when the scale was removed it read the weight of the lever resting on the scale. watch it again

top topics

<< 1   >>

join