It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home made EmDrive appears to work.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From what I gather this guy has created a device that can produce thrust. He calls it Anti-Grav. I'm not technical at all so I thought I'd post it here to discuss.

VIDEO:

There is a thread on reddit about it but I'm not sure if I can link it.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And only three tries to achieve anti gravity!

Please let me know when I can buy a hoverboard.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Obviously take it with a grain of salt...BUT...what IS going on here?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow this guy is brilliant, messing about with an unshielded magnetron. They do output enough energy to cause water molecules to move and cause enough friction to boil said molecules.

Darwin award goes to......this guy.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kidcraig

He's going to hurt himself and is a fool. Most likely heating the air with the magnetron the blades get very hot. But more than likely has going to give himself beryllium poisoning. It is incredibly easy for it to become airborne and he's killed himself. Not to mention microwaves hitting a copper pot. Wow can't believe people are this stupid. Please no one try to copy this idiot I can't stress that enough it's very dangerous.

PS the electromagnetic field he creates keeps causing an error in his digital scale but hrs to stupid to know this. The unshielded scale is being zapped wirh electrons.
edit on 5/18/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Self-sacrifice in the name of pseudoscientific research.
What a way to go.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Damn. And just when I thought some guy in his garage figured out how to take us to Mars.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, this is not a safe "experiment" whatsoever. For those who do not know, this is basically the guts of a microwave oven and the Magnetron is firing into a copper cavity.

I suspect the combination of Lenz's Law (dealing with the induced EMF from the microwave in the copper conductor) and the superheated air inside that chamber may have produced a sort of lift in the form of electromagnetism and the air trying to escape/rise at the time. It is not even feasible when you consider that he is consuming about 7-10 amps of electricity (800-1200 watts) to get less than a feather's weight of push back. Super inefficient.

Oh and he may be cooking his own physical body with the stray emissions from that magnetron. I can't tell for sure if he hacked off the waveguide that the magnetron typically discharges into but this whole device should have been place in a grounded faraday cage or a true anechoic chamber for proper testing and observation and to isolate him from the effects of this device.

I give this

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kidcraig

Damn. And just when I thought some guy in his garage figured out how to take us to Mars.

HE Will be leaving the earth just not in the way he suspects.lol

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Little does his mother realize that copper flower pot may just wind up an urn.
Safety should always be considered when performing experiments. He figured out that he needed shielding for the scal but I think he failed to recognize what he is shielding it from.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

Safety should always be considered when performing experiments. He figured out that he needed shielding for the scal but I think he failed to recognize what he is shielding it from.

He thinks he's shielding it has not needs to be in a Faraday cage. He's bouncing a magnetic field around the entire room.Notice you hear the pop of the magnetron and the scale doesn't show a decrease the number just resets and than climbs again. On the bright side maybe he'll just sterilize himself think in this case probably a good thing.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

This dude probably smokes around gasoline.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

He thinks he's shielding it has not needs to be in a Faraday cage. He's bouncing a magnetic field around the entire room.Notice you hear the pop of the magnetron and the scale doesn't show a decrease the number just resets and than climbs again. On the bright side maybe he'll just sterilize himself think in this case probably a good thing.

Hopefully, he will not be bringing it in to a school to show his entire class or to a science fair... if nobody recognizes the danger and stops him from showing it, there could be serious consequences for himself and many others.
I kind of hope the sterilization works but these are not x-rays we are talking about so he will probably just find out that his organs and muscle have nodules of scarred tissue someday and not even connect it to this project.

I have worked in microwave design facilities before and I am aware of the dangers present.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

I think at this point everyone should be familiar with the dangers of microwave tech. Didn't we discover the potential of microwaves because of them melting stuff in the pockets of researchers?
edit on 18/5/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard
I don't know about that. Cataracts in radar technicians were noted, and this research mentions that and other effects of radar frequencies/microwaves:

Nonthermal Effects of Radar Exposure on Human: A Review Article

Cataracts, skin burns, and damage to the testes are some of the thermal effects of microwave [1, 6]
Microwaves of sufficient intensity can cause sterility.

Some people perform experiments without realizing how dangerous they are. Some woman built a Tesla coil in her basement and she didn't realize the ozone it produced would damage her lungs. The poor dear couldn't even make the youtube video showing her contraption without coughing horribly throughout, for reasons she may not have even realized.

edit on 18-5-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: SpongeBeard
I don't know about that. Cataracts in radar technicians were noted, and this research mentions that and other effects of radar frequencies/microwaves:

Nonthermal Effects of Radar Exposure on Human: A Review Article

Some people perform experiments without realizing how dangerous they are. Some woman built a Tesla coil in her basement and she didn't realize the ozone it produced would damage her lungs. The poor dear couldn't even make the youtube video showing her contraption without coughing horribly throughout, for reasons she may not have even realized.

Well I guess pseudoscience can kill sadly. I really do hope he's stopped maybe someone told him his an idiot by now.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This goes back to a similar 'anti grav' experiment performed in Germany, based on the whole rapidly spinning super conductor thing.

The point in the paper basically said, that they did measure a force but it cannot be atributed to anything to do with the device in question as the measured mass could have been affected by equipment in the lab.

Same goes for this... a simple scale like that, the whole thing on a lever arm... good idea to amplify the signal sure, but not very stable or reproducible.

and to echo the above posts - dangerous too

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm very happy to know that we have much more intelligent people on this forum posting than YouTube has members uploading videos. I had no idea what this guy was playing with. When I saw his scale move with the power turned on, I didn't think it was trickery, I actually thought it was something. It was. Turns out it is pretty lethal. Good thing we didn't run out and buy stuff to make one.

How does someone who knows how to make this stuff not know to stay safe while playing with it?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Can you blame him, he didn't even use the Tare button for heaven's sake. He completely turned the scale off and on again to zero it out.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This could be done safely inside a faraday cage, which is basically what is built around a microwave oven.

It is not trickery, but just misunderstanding. Unfortunately somewhat dangerous misunderstanding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join