It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Woman Being Evicted From Her Own Land For Living in Tent

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ingred Larson received an eviction notice from the county today. Why? For living in a tent on her own property. Yes. Really. She is being evicted for living in a tent on her own land.

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

+18 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I dont care what reason they give....liberty and freedom is long dead in America.

Let her live in a tent...what.. cant entrap her with enough taxes?

a reply to: wasaka

edit on 15-5-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So, why did she accept the settlement if she had no intention of using the land as per the zoning ordinance. She should repeal and try to have her land rezoned due to the what I consider valid reasons, and if that has to go to court, then I would also ensure they pay the legal fees too.

www.brunswickcountync.gov...
edit on 15-5-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This happened to me and that is why I became an activist. I couldn't believe the mountain of paperwork they left for me. Even a detailed map with the exact location marked on it.

Later I met a man from a suppressed communist country who was horrified to hear the 'free' people were bulldozed out of their simple homes. He thought he'd left that kind of suppression behind.

Many people who haven't tried living a simple life don't ever consider that it could be illegal. The truth is if we drop out of the economic trap we're fined, bulldozed and forced back into it.

They want us all hooked on utilities and tradesmen to maintain our lives. Economic slavery. If we really needed all that stuff to survive we would never have evolved.

The comments under the story at your link are getting to the point. For the UK readers here's our way forward. www.abovetopsecret.com... We are the Law.

The only political canvasser who came to my door during the recent UK elections was a Green and the only point he really became animated about was the refusal of planning permission for yurts in a local field.

It will sound silly to those that haven't been there but the right to live under canvas is one of the biggest issues we face. Young people in particular would benefit enormously from living under canvas in an affordable, green and spiritually satisfying manner,

+18 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Zoning laws... What godless bastard thought that up then?

Here's the thing about a properly functioning capitalism. If you purchase land, then your ownership of it should trump the ability of anyone, whether private individuals, or representatives of the state, to comment on, or prevent your use of that land, unless it constitutes a threat to the lives or liberty of others.

Once again, capitalism fails!

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You only have some freedom in America if you make over $45,000 a year. Doesn't everyone know that? And it really isn't until you break the $100,000 a year barrier that any TRUE freedom is afforded to you. You can't get the most out of the legal system unless you make over 100k a year.

Freedom really isn't free ...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dont forget what they did to the Indians.
immigrants came in and slowly took over.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes, the freedom to have most of my income stolen and property seized.

There is no income bracket that is immune to crushing government overreach and abuse.

Indeed, it is just that the poorest among us are now targets as well.

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I agree 100 percent with this post. There is no freedom for poor people. We just get screwed. The freedom is just an illusion unless you make over a certain amount.

I make less than 100K a year and I honestly feel like some sort of an indentured servant. No safety net, no savings, no property, no real way to get ahead. Just working for the man and getting suckered into thinking there is some sort of freedom or hope. I personally don't see me being able to retire, I doubt folks like me will get any SS it will probably be gone. I can't afford going to the doctor even with medical insurance so I'm just going to get sicker and weaker as time goes on. I'll never get to travel again or see any places of interest. Never get to take a vacation. Once I get to a certain age I'll just be left to die. That's the most likely outcome of my life. No nursing home, no home at all just left to die.

It seems like that's the fate of all of us who make less than 100K a year. It's easier to be blind to it all and get some degree of happiness and freedom even though it's really an illusion.

But sadly I agree there is no real freedom with out money. Lots of money. And that freedom is semi predicated on enslaving/using or oppressing others it seems for financial gain.

I dunno maybe it's the rainy weather in LA today or I just rolled out of the wrong side of the bed. But I have to completely agree with the other posters assessment.

As far as laws against where you can and can't sleep in a tent on your own "property" who knew. It's literally one of the dumbest laws I've ever heard of. I guess it's also illegal to let your kids camp out in the back yard in a tent for fun too. What about a hammock, you can sleep in that. Is that also illegal under these asinine laws.

edit on 15-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I've noticed here if it's a boy scout doing a record breaking attempt camping out in the back yard it's an upbeat newsworthy story with no eviction.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ownership of land is a myth. When you're paying property taxes, you're in effect renting your land from the government. Also, there's that thing of not being able to do what you want with your own land. I understand some of the environmental aspects of this but not when it comes to how you choose to live on your land. This actually happened a few years ago to somebody else. I forget what state this was in. A guy was living in his camper and was forced off of his land because he wasn't hooked up to utilities.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Pretty much. No one really owns anything these days.

When you follow the chain of title on something (property, company, ect) -- it essentially is pretty eye opening that at the highest level a huge bank like JPMorgan probably owns it.

The big banks really DO own everything, I see the paperwork with my own eyes all the time.

An interesting factoid? Right before Freddy and Fannie got bailed out, TONS of assets were being shoved into Freddie and Fannie. Freddie/Fannie were having TONS assets assigned over to them...way more than usual. This was before anyone was talking about a crash or the stock market had dived.

People KNEW it was going to happen, had their toxic assets bailed out -- and we, the American people paid the bill.

Shameful. And all we care about is who won American Idol (I think it was the taller of the two dudes?)
edit on 15-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am not "poor" , but they still have me by the short hairs . I wanted to down size and purchase a "tiny home" but my city forbids it. Your home must be X amount square feet within the city limits . Why , because of County Tax , city tax and the biggie ..... School tax . If I lived in a tiny home , there would be less to tax . Their words .

If I want to put up a fence , change out a window or hammer a nail in a tree , I must pay a fee for a permit , have a city inspector take measurements and inspect before and after . Why ? So they can raise my property taxes .

I buy the property , I pay A LOT in property taxes and the city tells me what I can and can not do on my property .

The city (garbage truck ) tore down a portion of my neighbors fence when they backed into it . After some measurements , the city claimed they placed the fence too close to road , a little less than 2 inches and refused to pay for it . Money was tight as they were both laid off so it was a project that had to be put on the back burner . They fined my neighbor for not repairing said fence as "unsightly" .

Another neighbor was fined for having a camper in his driveway , no recreational vehicles are aloud to be parked where they can seen from street view , must be parked in garage or behind the home or storage area . Yet the Mayor at the time had both a boat and camper parked in his front yard and driveway .

I miss living in the country where I could do what I wanted , when I wanted , how I wanted on my land . Did not have to be on the electric grid , we had our own well and could live how we wanted .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am surprised that she does not set up 2 systems. One being black water, that is where solid waste is sent to the city sewage to keep the county happy and a grey water system which would drain out into her yard for all other stuff that way it would accomidate her, and keep the amount low. How would they know?"

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
You only have some freedom in America if you make over $45,000 a year. Doesn't everyone know that? And it really isn't until you break the $100,000 a year barrier that any TRUE freedom is afforded to you. You can't get the most out of the legal system unless you make over 100k a year.

Freedom really isn't free ...

Pfft.

Wrong.

If you don't have millions you don't have free speech. Unless you are economically secure you are not truly free because you can't really live where you want to if your working for an employer, you have to live where the job is.

If you work for an employer, anything you say can and will be used against you in your termination.

edit on 15-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Where are all the activists from the Bundy Ranch to help defend this woman and her property? Where is the community to rally in support of this woman?

*sigh* Another perfect example of a divided people.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
(the below is a excerpt from a TEXAN land renter/owner)

Allodial Title…we tried to get allodial title to our land back in the mid-90s but couldn’t. Local courthouse authorities claimed that since we did not have original title to the land (heck, the RR company that originally held the deed to “WJG-1″ or what this land area is called didn’t even “own it”…this was a land grant by the “state” (formerly Republic) of Texas to the RR company…

As far as I know the Rockefellers are one of the very few families that have allodial titles…I read in one patriot literature newspaper back then that the royals of England STILL have allodial title to parts of the original 13 colonies!

ANYONE who has to pay property taxes can NOT get allodial titles! (the allodial title issue was one of the first issues Rick McLaren brought up in legal work that led him to begin his “Republic of Texas” movement…had he stuck with these kinds of issues and not gotten into money laundering and gun running using the so-called Wa#aw Nation as proxies, maybe things would be a lot better in Texas (and who know the RoT movement might have worked!)

SO according to that...the rockerfellas can evict everyone who owns land since they do not have the original ALLODIAL deed.
ALso ENGLAND stillOWNS some of the 13 COLONIES!!! WTH man?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This makes me laugh because I just bought a piece of land so I can put up a house but there are rules and regulations as to the size of the house, how much stone is on the house and other nit picking deals. So in other words if I decided to not build and put up a tent then yes I too would be evicted rather quickly.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I've noticed here if it's a boy scout doing a record breaking attempt camping out in the back yard it's an upbeat newsworthy story with no eviction.

Thats because the Boy Scout has a 'Handler' and will be brainwashed very quickly!

Your first post in this thread is one of your best

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
This makes me laugh because I just bought a piece of land so I can put up a house but there are rules and regulations as to the size of the house, how much stone is on the house and other nit picking deals. So in other words if I decided to not build and put up a tent then yes I too would be evicted rather quickly.

you got the allodial title? if you dont you dont own it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join