It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordanian gynaecologist leaves cell phone in patient’s abdomen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I've also heard of these stories, and I've heard from the mouths of the doctors and nurses themselves, that sometimes if they don't like how a person speaks to them they will intentionally do nasty things to the patients.

I'm sure you're not even allowed to take things like phones into surgery, for obvious reasons, but also because they are contaminated with a plethora of germs, which could be disastrous to a patient's health.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't want to think about those roaming data charges.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
He didn't drop his phone...you don't just happen to drop your phone into a surgical opening.

If he did drop it, surely he would have picked it back up before closing the surgical opening?

Sounds like this was done on purpose for a laugh, I see no other plausible way..

Smartphones have a camera flash which can also be used as a torchlight and video camera with macro lens feature. I wouldn't be surprised if the doc was making medical videos using his phone and it got lost underneath the dressings.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This seems insane. Now the procedures need to include counting cell phones which must also include registering your phone entering the room.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Yes but then he would have known it was inside her somewhere, once he dropped it. Why would he stitch her back together without picking it out. lol

The story smells suspicious to me.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, we all know mobile phones are bugged right?

So this is simply another...Drum Roll!!!......Stomach Bug! Ta daaaaaaaaa.....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Not necessarily. While the phone is a bit unusual, there is a long history of retained surgical instruments being an issue. Some methods to combat this are the modern use of RFID tracking systems in utensils or the good, ol' fashioned system of doing counts before opening and closing up a patient. Even so, mistakes are still made. I think the phone just shows a level of gross incompetence.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Of all the ungrateful people....!

She should be thankful she had a caring physician who wanted to stay in touch with her as part of surgery aftercare!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Reach out and touch someone...a jingle appropriate for this thread.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The GI upsets causing "butt dialing"

Nah, it really that seems to be a legit surgery worry. Imagine how many people have left over something or other in their bodies from it.

Here's one case where a surgeon left 16 items inside of the patient: see here

A cell phone leftover is a sign of the times. Drs. shouldn't have been playing around with one during surgery. Maybe they were taking a selfie.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I called and there was no answer
so I left a message on her answering cervix

top topics

<< 1   >>

join