It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Institute for Creation Research - No really, it's a thing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ICR is pushing a cult and Ken Ham is a fraud. That's the bottomline. Only people with a cult mentality would fall for the crap they have at their website.

Just scroll down his Facebook page - about the third post down - look at all the endorsements he gets for their pseudo scientific explanation of radiometric dating. These are people who you can lead around by the nose as long as you're holding a bible. Not much different than Jim Jones and Jonestown.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Look at this piece of crap - and you know that no one in their membership dares to ask or research any of this - so essentially they can say whatever they want and their minions agree.

answersingenesis.org...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Great! Another "you don't think like me, so I will bash the # out of you" thread........and from Tenth no less.
It seems that "evolutionists" are getting more and more like the Catholic Church of old. "Think this way or else".
Look I know many of you think you have all the answers or that your path is the right one. This is also why many of you same people do not like religion or religious people. You feel the same way about them as they do about you.
I have a saying "All the knowledge we have now is but a drop in the ocean of knowledge yet to learn."
Young Earth? Old Earth? Evidence for both but lean heavily towards old earth.
Evolution or Creation? For me it's Creation then adaptation.
Why? I have not seen enough hard evidence for evolution. That is MY point of view....don't like? Ok.
We ALL, EVERYONE OF US, have something we believe or do that someone else does not agree with. Simple fact of life. GET OVER IT.

If you want folks to "get over it", then tell your buddies to stop posting constant attacks on science in this section. Tell em to "get over it". It's that simple. Folks that promote lies based on ignorance should be called out. Sorry you don't like that, but your side is constantly on the offensive when it comes to evolution and science. It's funny, you guys always act like you have a right to question science, and then when people show you that you are wrong, it is persecution. LMAO. Christianity is dying. GET OVER IT!

edit on 14-5-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
originally posted by: Barcs

It's funny, you guys always act like you have a right to question science

How presumptuous, the idea that people have the right to question science.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs
Buddies? What buddies? Lol I thought we were buddies barcs.
This is the first time I have been to ats in a while so I am not sure what post you are referring to. I did, however, see this anti thought thread from Tenth.
Lol the funniest part of your post is the part about "Christianity dieing" . What does evolution tell us? When it dies what will fill it's niche? Science? Lol. Nope. My best guess would be Islam. Wonder how that's gonna work?
Cheers my friend.
ETA: why wouldn't people post objections to Science in this section? "ORIGINS AND CREATIONISM" evolution has nothing to do with either so perhaps evolutionists are intruding?
edit on 14-5-2015 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoherentlyConfused
a reply to: Jim Scott

He found the expansion of the universe, and said there were two possibilities: either it was created (and we can't have that), or it started from nothing by itself

Both theories say everything came from nothing.

The difference is one group says god did it. The other group says we don't know how the universe started, but because we have made these observations, this could be what happened.

I choose to be on the side that's more intellectually honest.

Please tell and show us which one ??

Neither of them are even remotely near honesty.

Maybe try a 3rd side, or for that matter, look for the truth, something which neither science or religion have EVER been free to do.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I think its far more entertaining to look at the ones attacking the Christians, the ones that believe Science has free reign and will get to the bottom of things, that all the theories having to change is just "par for the course".

I enjoy watching them suffer whether they know it or not trying to convince others that the way science is going all will be known THROUGH IT.

And it is truly mind blowing to realize they are possibly even more lost in a different form of brainwashing, than their religion filled counterparts....

And to see them as hopelessly lost as an ant in a tsunami wave looking for water.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: bobbypurify
Maybe quit pointing fingers and treating people like subhumans for daring to think against the mainstream. In 100 years, odds are our entire notion of the "Big Bang" will have adapted and changed, rendering what you know now ignorant.

And that is the power of science - changing your notion of what is true when faced with persuading evidence and / or when offered a more reasonable explanation.

That is the FAILURE of science, it shows just how unreasonable, unreliable, and confounded PURPOSEFULLY the entire procedure can be and IS to waste everyones time.

Show me SCIENCE in the regards to things deeper than everyday tech that has any openness, or truly meaningful intent to be completely searching for the Keys to REALITY, you wont find it, someone has seen fit to that.

Anotherwords, its gonna take some real effort to set science FREE, something the brainwashed masses again have been completely fooled on.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

It's funny, you guys always act like you have a right to question science

How presumptuous, the idea that people have the right to question science.

How absurd, the idea that you would cut off half of the sentence, quote mining me to make your point.

I didn't say folks can't ask questions about science. I was talking about the hypocrisy of attacking science under the disguise of legitimate questions, and then claiming persecution when you don't like the answers about why the attacks are invalid.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

ETA: why wouldn't people post objections to Science in this section? "ORIGINS AND CREATIONISM" evolution has nothing to do with either so perhaps evolutionists are intruding?

There is nothing wrong with folks posting objections. The problem is that the objections themselves are based on ignorance and flat out denial of evidence. They are essentially baseless attacks that generally show the people haven't even attempted to learn the basics about what they are attacking. By "your buddies" I only meant folks from your camp (anti evolution).

edit on 15-5-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
I think its far more entertaining to look at the ones attacking the Christians, the ones that believe Science has free reign and will get to the bottom of things, that all the theories having to change is just "par for the course".

I enjoy watching them suffer whether they know it or not trying to convince others that the way science is going all will be known THROUGH IT.

And it is truly mind blowing to realize they are possibly even more lost in a different form of brainwashing, than their religion filled counterparts....

And to see them as hopelessly lost as an ant in a tsunami wave looking for water.

It is entertaining, yes. But articles, like the one in the OP, are only posted because folks of that camp constantly argue against science using gross misrepresentations of how it works. I don't think anybody is claiming that science has all the answers or definitely will. It's possible, but knowing every single thing there is to know would probably take millions of years of scientific development as a civilization. We've only been a scientific technological society for the past 200 years and we've learned a good amount. Imagine 1000 years at this level, or even 10,000. We're still in our infancy, but folks attack science because it doesn't know everything.

Science doesn't get free reign, it just helps us learn things about the world and our universe. Creationists do not view science the way scientists do, and that's mostly the problem. They get their information from folks like Ken Ham or Kent Hovind and blindly believe it as truth instead of objectively researching both sides. Simply put, they don't understand science at all but attack away as if scientists are coming to their church during worship times and protesting.

That is the FAILURE of science, it shows just how unreasonable, unreliable, and confounded PURPOSEFULLY the entire procedure can be and IS to waste everyones time.

How is updating itself with new information a failure? Do you think that science is going to run one single test and then claim they know everything about that field as a result? Of course not. You think that refrigerators, internet, computers, smart phones and televisions with DVR are failures of science and waste people's time?

Show me SCIENCE in the regards to things deeper than everyday tech that has any openness, or truly meaningful intent to be completely searching for the Keys to REALITY, you wont find it, someone has seen fit to that.

What does that even mean? Openness? Meaningful intent? You mean like how evolutionary knowledge is applied to modern medicine in regards to vaccines and other treatments for illness, and as a result the average lifespan of humans in developed countries is longer than it has ever been?

Anotherwords, its gonna take some real effort to set science FREE, something the brainwashed masses again have been completely fooled on.

LMAO. Scientific experiments and research papers are all fake right? Big evil science and evilution are just there to hate on religion right? It's funny because SCIENCE isn't doing the attacking, folks that claim to be followers of Jesus are doing it, which is in direct conflict with Jesus' teachings according to the bible. If science was some big conspiracy, then surely one of the tens of thousands of scientists that actively work in the field each day would have come forward by now. The fact that anybody can become a scientist if they put their mind to it and verify any given experiments they want, speaks volumes. To go against science you need conflicting data or facts that suggest that a theory or fact is not valid, not just statements like yours above. To this date, no creationist has done any independent or verifiable research on intelligent design or creationism OR anything that conflicts with evolution. With so many creationists out there screaming that science is wrong, you'd figure one of them would have stepped up and done some research on that by now. The problem is there is no evidence of god or creation, hence nothing to research, despite their claims.

Ask Thomas Edison about the failures of science. Remember his famous quote that he did not fail, he just found 100 ways that do not work. He eventually found out the way that DOES work, and as a result we have light bulbs and don't have to rely on fire for light at night. People like you would have been accusing Edison of wasting everyone's time because he didn't figure it right away, while he was trying to invent something useful for society. Leave science alone. It will get us where we need to go and will continue to improve our technology and keep our lives convenient. Attacking it solves nothing.
edit on 15-5-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

According to you:

Science is a failure
Science isn't real
Science is unreliable and unreasonable
Science isn't free
Science fools the brainwashed masses

All that while you're posting on a forum on the internet hooked up through a sophisticated communication system enabling you to moan and groan about the failures of science.

I'm sure you drive a car, go to the doctor and dentist, watch television and read about space exploration. All failures according to you.

So I think you probably shouldn't be using any of this technology because science is a failure. It's unreliable. You can't trust it. It's a fraud.

Thanks for this tremendous contribution to the advancement of knowledge. I'm sure ATS will now shut down the entire forum based on your insight.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Can you please tell us what country are you replying from?

Can you provide some example how science wasted your time, why do you think it's not free and what you are talking about?

Please don't take this as joke, I am really interested to read about it.

edit on 15-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: StalkerSolent

How absurd, the idea that you would cut off half of the sentence, quote mining me to make your point.

I can include the entire sentence to make my point, if you like:

It's funny, you guys always act like you have a right to question science, and then when people show you that you are wrong, it is persecution.

Moving on...

I didn't say folks can't ask questions about science. I was talking about the hypocrisy of attacking science under the disguise of legitimate questions, and then claiming persecution when you don't like the answers about why the attacks are invalid.

So are there "illegitimate" questions about science? Is it OK to attack science or not? Do people have the right to do that or not?

As for persecution: meh. The "religious"/"scientific" people on ATS whine about being persecuted by the "scientific"/"religious" people.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with folks posting objections. The problem is that the objections themselves are based on ignorance and flat out denial of evidence. They are essentially baseless attacks that generally show the people haven't even attempted to learn the basics about what they are attacking.

Do you mind if I copy/paste this in response to attacks on religion?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bobbypurify

Im a christian and even I know youngearth creationism is a load of bollocks

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with folks posting objections. The problem is that the objections themselves are based on ignorance and flat out denial of evidence. They are essentially baseless attacks that generally show the people haven't even attempted to learn the basics about what they are attacking. By "your buddies" I only meant folks from your camp (anti evolution).

See this is where, once again, you presume to know more than you do. I completely understand the "basics". I also understand that basically it is based on assumption, speculation and faith. No hard evidence but lots of wishful thinking. Evolution has become nothing more than a tool for atheist to deny a creator.
I know that you have said many times that you have no problem with there being a god that started the process but many times your post are anti god and mostly anti Christian. "Christianity is dying, deal with it".

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This whole thing is a comical parody where those pointing a finger at religion for being based on nothing but a theory .
fail to realise that science , which has become a religion is also based on nothing but ever changing theory.

When will you both realize that the Yen and Yang of it all is that you're Both right, but looking through different microscopes

We are truly a world so blinded by our own ideals that we can't see the Forrest through the trees

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lgbtlivesmatter

I have never even considered religion to be sci fi and I have certainly never called it a theory.

I tend to consider religion more like a fairytale for grownups.

You are sorely mistaken calling science either religion or theory.

Science is a method of explaining the natural world.

When will you realize they are not anywhere close to the same things? They do not complement each other as Yen and Yang.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

What you " consider" is inconsequential

And yet most of science is theory. Even scientist admit that

If you're ignorant of that then perhaps you should re evaluate your understanding

edit on 15-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join