It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion in Cage for 13 years Released, Feels Grass and Dirt for the First Time...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

His reaction brought a tear to my eye. I detest holding these animals as pets.

We clearly need to rethink how we treat the creatures we share this planet with.

The King of the Jungle is reduced to this pathetic animal.

The People getting their amusement from the Lion need education.

***Description: A captive Lion feels grass and dirt for the first time. His reaction is great.

He runs around rolling in the dirt and grass like its a new toy.
edit on 12-5-2015 by whyamIhere because: Tried a better Title...

edit on 12-5-2015 by whyamIhere because: Another swing at Title

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When are we going to just ban circuses?
Isn't it past time?

Nice video.
From what I read, poor thing isn't young either.
edit on 12-5-2015 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't go to Zoo's...ever since I was little and I was taken to my first Zoo at 2 years old. I cried and cried and when my Mother asked me why I said.."they need grass".

I think all of these animals should be in the country they originally came from and if they were born in captivity...taught by experts how to live in the wild.

I don't enjoy viewing these beautiful creatures in cages...it is wrong, wrong, wrong!

edit on 2015-05-12T13:18:54-05:00pmTuesdaypm1220155America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: edit

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Good luck to him. Very emotional indeed. Great post.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Our outside cat came to live inside. She skipped twice and got all muddy and cold. The third time she ran out, she was begging at the door to come in quickly. She likes it in the house now, and she stays far away from the door when it is opened. She is sixteen or seventeen years old and knows what life is like outside with mosquitoes and flies always looking for lunch.

After a while this lion will be thinking, what the hell did I want to get out for, I want to go back and eat meat without having hair stuck in my teeth.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks I needed that!

It's a shame he is still in a pen. But I watched your video before I read your comments. I was anticipating him rolling in the grass in joy and I was not disappointed.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's almost the same reaction I have when I head out to the sticks for a weekend.

This lion's connection to the Earth, fundamental to it's enjoyment of life, reveals and condemns our own estrangement from it.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Everytime i see lions i think of christian the lion.

watching this may make you cry.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I detest Zoos and circuses. Last time I was talked into going I was depressed looking at the animals, especially the gorillas, the way he just looked at me like he was thinking 'why the heck am I locked in here and you get to wander around'.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: torok67
Yeah, I detest Zoos and circuses. Last time I was talked into going I was depressed looking at the animals, especially the gorillas, the way he just looked at me like he was thinking 'why the heck am I locked in here and you get to wander around'.

I live near Sea World.

There is just something wrong with making them performers.

We didn't used to know better. Now, we do.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Awesome post! s&f

All I need now is a video of the people who had the animal caged getting a brutal beating then fed to the same Lion and i'll be one happy man.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

I'm going to take the positive from this.

To see the sheer joy on his face made my day, OK so he'll never be truly free, and that's a sadness and a crime. but just look at the ickle kitty's face.

Thanks man a great post S&F

Cody

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Maybe I've been spending too much time on LiveLeak... lol

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Its like being a child again..

How fantastic is his reaction.

Just to see him role in the grass like he's a cub again.

Human beings are seriously fuc+ed up. Animals are more civilised than us.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Did you see that jerk Bob in the comments? Ugh. People like that piss me off. I'm the Verdant Hush he's arguing with in the comments...lol.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's a great video but my comments are directed at the people complaining about zoos.

In a perfect world all animals could grow old and die of natural causes....

Guess what the world ain't perfect... Many of those zoos people complain about are spending time and money trying to save endangered species.

Unfortunately in the near future there are a number of species that will only exist in a zoo.

So please remember that next time you want to rage about the injustice.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What a wonderful (and sad) statement. You're beautiful.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
a reply to: cody599

Maybe I've been spending too much time on LiveLeak... lol

Nah

If you read between the lines said kitty is actually a reptilian shape shifting CIA operative, working in conjunction with the Mossad trying to set up a new terror cell to make Islamic state look like a bunch of pussies, hence the pussy symbol.

Shhhhhhhhh It's our secret

Cody .......................... DOH

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Genesis 1:28

God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Done a bang up job haven't we? We didn't just satisfy our blood lust with ruling. We had to take everything and destroy it as well. We will never learn until its all over.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can't watch the video, I'm too consumed by hatred for people who can treat animals like this.

Sorry, I'm closed minded here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join