It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroine. [MAY2015]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I'm all out of stories now so i guess we'll be needing to have the battle soon...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

Yes that's me, always just seeing things, easily influenced by outside forces, the story is true though even if embellished, it's simply a case of trying to see the greater context, understanding the outside influences, and blending them in terms of magical realism, even though it appeared to be a Fairy story nothing fantastical occurred and my motivation for the story is that i read the other day that major excavations will take place this summer in terms of the Ribchester Project which is were the ruins of the Roman bath house, the central motif of the story, is located, by the river Belisimma. Any Sumerian influence would be third hand as passed on from the Sarmatians that were stationed there...always reasons.

Do you mean Belisama? There is no association with Bellissima, meaning beautiful, in Italian. Belisama is the strong light that shines in the darkness - wisdom, a much greater beauty than the superficial world of appearances that Bridie seems to represent for you. And the Ribble is a strong river, that tears apart and transforms, hence it's name then and now.

It was in Ptolemy's Geography, written around 150AD that the Ribble was identified as Belisama Aestra. The agreement of the Sarmatian king to provide mercenaries didn't occur until 174AD.

edit on 13-5-2015 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I suggested both for good measure, the river is probably named after a feminine variant of Beli the sun God, and would she not be beautiful?

Her name has received a number of interpretations. Nick Ford translates ‘Rigabelisama (Riga-, a queen, and Belisama)’ as ‘Most Shining One’ making her the ‘Most Shining Queen’ or ‘Most Mighty Queen’

In Saint-Lizier Belisama is identified with the Roman goddess Minerva. A bust of Minerva was found at Ribchester and it was once largely accepted the town had a temple to Minerva-Belisama

Andrew Breeze suggests that Ribble may derive from the Welsh rhybwyll, which combined with the prefix ri could mean very great wisdom. The name change and it’s interpretations demonstrate the qualities of flux and continuity innate to Belisama.

Belisima

Bridie is an Irish variant of Brigit relating to brilliance, as Brigantia tutelary Goddess of the tribes of Northern England also relating to victory in comparison to Minerva, the light is as it shines in the darkness because it relates to the astral, yes Bridie in the story represents that in Earth bound form, you'd need to look harder to see the brilliance there.

a reply to: AboveBoard

SNIP

edit on Kpm531132vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday1331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Remove unnecessary commentary

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Self edit
edit on 13-5-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Attention Please

This is an entry in the short story contest. Please keep the discussion to the story and not each other. There is really no need to make comments regarding other members here. The Short Stories forum is not intended as a platform for debate.

Please do not respond to this message.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
If you say so...Pen-dragon.

Twas a cool movie though, the one in that vid you posted, but its just a movie. But like I said I would not take any of this serious, its just words, the chances of it being anything more are nill.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yes according to Saturn in retrograde motion it is just words, fairy stories, an assortment of untruths, all utterly pointless and futile, there really is no point in attempting or believing anything so just drink the lemon juice, i think i got that...thank you for your insight.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
See now you finally got it. None of it is real, when when your concerned with the unreal, do not be surprised that one day you will turn around and something may be way off the rocker. Its simply that things changed and you never noticed because you were to busy with the things which did not matter at all.

Like I said in my other post. The whole thing equals nill. I dont know what you thought I meant because lets face it, words are a terrible way of communicating, and how knows what ideas you may get from the words I wrote. But its like this, its nill. Even in this thread were all two people who are just writing things in digital space, but after you read anything will it change anything? No! You will get off the keyboard you will go through daily life as usual and one day this whole thing wont even be a memory at all. So do not be afraid of words you see on a screen, its not even gossamer paper, its not even building castles out of clouds even those may be more solid.

That is all. You may continue on.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Saturn in retrograde motion is more commonly understood as Satan, as an isolated principle incredibly lame, just because i understand what is transpiring i'm hardly going to be influenced as evil should be rejected, and therefore accordingly everything you write, the pointing out of obvious untruths in a fictional creative writing forum is simply weird.

edit on Kam531134vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1531 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I suggested both for good measure, the river is probably named after a feminine variant of Beli the sun God, and would she not be beautiful?

Well...huh...tut...obviously...she's born from the rain that falls in God's own land...Yorkshire.

edit on 15-5-2015 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Yes unfortunately we lost that bit to the invading Germanic hordes and have looked upon it with horror ever since...

The Brigantes were a confederation, the local tribe here was the Setantii.

A Lancastrian Camelot

edit on Kam531134vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1531 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Rave reviews

The story is so good, the readers come back for more.

The critics are mad over it.

Thank you Katz for an irresistible story!

(post by galadofwarthethird removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes unfortunately we lost that bit to the invading Germanic hordes and have looked upon it with horror ever since...

The Brigantes were a confederation, the local tribe here was the Setantii.

You can't lose what was never yours to begin with silly.

Yes, the Brigantes was a major trade confederation and the Celts who fled west over the Pennines were those that had grown rich and fat on the labour of others, trading with Rome, policing trade routes. The Romans came and thanked the middle man for fattening the calf before cutting him out. Obviously there was some resistence, but otherwise, most just got on with their work and took the pay from whomever was left standing.

Rulers come and go, the people persist even through the odd harrying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join