It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sincerely need your prayers for my nephew

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Friends, I need your prayers, energies, vigilance, whatever you can offer for my nephew Marek. A gun he was carrying accidentally fired and the bullet struck him in the head. He was air lifted to University of Iowa hospitals where he underwent surgery and is still in ICU ( this happened Friday night and it is now Saturday night). Please don't turn this into a "guns are bad" debate.Thank you to all my friends here. I know he can count on your support.

Sorry this is such a short post and I wasn't sure whether to put it here or one of the religion forums. I know it will be moved to the right place if needed.

Thank you again to everyone here.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

You got it, we can smack him around later when he gets better.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Praying, and hoping for the best for Him...You as well. Keep us updated please.a reply to: N3k9Ni

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

You know what? I thought the same thing, but I guess I'll let him slide.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

For now.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: maryjo44
Fortunately, UofI hospitals are some of the best in the country, so I have real hope for his recovery. I know he is in good hands.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I offer my prayers as well. I hope he recovers quickly. Have you gotten any updates recently? Blessings to all.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Prayer sent. I hope he recovers. I am damn sure he will not need a lecture. Experience can be a worthwhile but savage teacher.

P

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I didn't find out until this afternoon when I went to his house. I messaged his brother on Facebook and he is the one that told me that Marek is in ICU. I'll update this thread when I know more.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That is terrible news. Sorry to hear.
For what it's worth, I know a couple of people who have made full recoveries from some very traumatic head injuries.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the guy.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You're right, of course. I intend to visit when he is up to having company. No lectures, just moral support.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just for background, he keeps a gun loaded because he lives in the country and coyotes come around occasionally. We were planning a family cookout and, knowing him, he was going to put it away so everyone else would be safe. Kind of ironic.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Epic BS! Gosh damn I'm sorry! Well I know folks who customize shoes.. but we cater to the cancer/DNA kids... but I'm willing to make an exception....?!!!!!
Wow.. ( not a pleased person ) I am..

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
a reply to: pheonix358

You're right, of course. I intend to visit when he is up to having company. No lectures, just moral support.

Yes, it is just the mild jibe to include in the first interaction that cements the lesson, no need to pick on him or ever mention it again.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hoping for the best for your nephew.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
That is terrible news. Sorry to hear.
For what it's worth, I know a couple of people who have made full recoveries from some very traumatic head injuries.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the guy.

Gosh darn you are always kind! ( stars and smiles ).

Kali74... yes you to!
edit on 9-5-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow. I hope he recovers, those kind of things happen once in a while. I've heard of people getting hit by a bullet when a rifle fell over.

I almost shot my cousin in the foot when my jacket got caught in my thirty thirty lever many years ago when I was unloading it. He kept walking in front of me and I kept turning, then a car drove by so I turned towards the car the last time before the jacket got caught in the lever action and it pulled the trigger. I almost hit the car tire on the car driving by.

Accidents are waiting to happen all the time.

Have you heard anything from the hospital yet?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Last I heard is in ICU. I'll check back with his brother later in the week and update this thread.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
As always.. yep you too....

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Best of everything... keep your head up!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join