It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado watch thread Oklahoma & Texas 5/7/2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: EdSurly
PS Newsflash; Woodward in NW Oklahoma just had a mag 3.3 earthquake!

Coming soon to SyFy Channel: Floodnadoquake: Watch in awe as a small Oklahoma community is stricken with the triple whammy of flooding, tornadoes, and earthquakes all at the same time. Starring Eric Roberts, Ian Zeiring, Lorenzo Lamas, Bruce Boxleitner, Vanessa Williams, Victoria Pratt, and Elizabeth Berkley as "Miss Kogie from Muskogee" Special gues appearance from Brian Bozworth, narration by "Good Ol' JR" Jim Ross.

Seriously, stay safe everyone who has decided to reside in tornado alley. Not a decision I'd make, but you all have a big brass set and a tremendous resiliance.

Were already capitalizing on part of that.....;

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EdSurly

That's TIGERquakenado.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

LOL!!! Damn, I forgot about the TIGERS!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

PS Newsflash; Woodward in NW Oklahoma just had a mag 3.3 earthquake!

Coming soon to SyFy Channel: Floodnadoquake: Watch in awe as a small Oklahoma community is stricken with the triple whammy of flooding, tornadoes, and earthquakes all at the same time. Starring Eric Roberts, Ian Zeiring, Lorenzo Lamas, Bruce Boxleitner, Vanessa Williams, Victoria Pratt, and Elizabeth Berkley as "Miss Kogie from Muskogee" Special gues appearance from Brian Bozworth, narration by "Good Ol' JR" Jim Ross.

Seriously, stay safe everyone who has decided to reside in tornado alley. Not a decision I'd make, but you all have a big brass set and a tremendous resiliance.

What? No sharks? Would that be a Floodnadosharquake, yes?

I am actually guilty of doing things like this:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

The mems are flowing lol

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

The mems are flowing lol

I'm gonna have to steal that photo! Roflol...

That is awesome

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
a reply to: texasgirl

No they aren't perfect, but when the big twisters come through you will be glad you went into one. Yes it might flood, but the way the storms trained in Oklahoma yesterday isn't usual and so you won't get flooding like that all the time. But when you get Tornadoes like Jarrell TX and May 3rd 1999, where the tornadoes are so strong it doesn't just pick things up it shreds them to tiny pieces, your best chance to survive is to go down into your shelter, even if there is some water in it. (that's only if you don't have time to leave.) Unfortunately here in Texas we don't have the soil for basements, which makes us primed for a catastrophe if we get the big one.

Oh, I'm not putting them down at all. I absolutely would prefer and underground shelter! We have not had an F5 tornado here but that Denton tornado last night was big enough to drop my jaw. And what a surprise, too! We weren't under a tornado watch and I was just about to hit the gym went tv went to "breaking news!" Caught a lot of people off guard.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hello Dallas neighbors! Did y'all survive the storm last night? I moved to far north Frisco (Dallas suburb) a few months ago and I'm seeing first hand how crazy the weather can be out in the boonies! Denton County is my neighbor and we had that multi-vortex tornado that almost looked like a wedge, too!

Anyone else get the 70mph straight line winds? There's a train derailed in Denton, flooded homes, high-water rescues, power outages(My power went out last night but it's back on.) I had to run out on my balcony during those winds to grab my outdoor area rug before it flew away!

What a ride!

Anyone reporting any damage in their area?

edit on 8-5-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Oh great. We usually reload heading to Texas out of here, and should be reloading tomorrow. I'm so excited to hear Saturday is going to be a bad one.

I am self-employed and work with animals so I'm outside a lot. I just got a ton of cancellations for the weekend because of the potential bad weather.

Weather has destroyed my pocket book this year!
edit on 8-5-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

And now a cluster of quakes in the OKC area.

www.news9.com...

and still tornado warnings, flooding and severe weather right up the middle of OK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join