It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG It's going to rain in California. Will the storm bring the BIG ONE!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

If I recall correctly, El Nino is in effect meaning California can expect more rain and possibly storms, especially this winter.

Theyn eed the rain and this could perhaps put an end to the drought crisis, the landslides and such do cause casualties. I do not know of any link between rain and mudslides and major earthquakes.
edit on 10-5-2015 by jrod because: a

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

California should have restricted well drilling more than a decade ago, but no one did. Instead, they let greedy corporations siphon out trillions of gallons of water and ship it around the world at a sickening profit.

You mean, there isn't enough environmental regulation in California?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Rain will not help in the bigger picture, the aquifers have been depleted to the point of being virtually empty. They took eons to be charged through nature, and rain will just dampen the surface. No appreciable recharging of the aquifers will occur. We are still pumping every bit we can out of them even if they were being recharged. Southern California is beyond hope unless the Colorado steps up its flow tremendously. That is dependent on the Rocky Mountain states which have also endured reoccurring drought. I wish it weren't so, but growth and population transitioning from Latin countries will eventually make So Cal unable to supply the needs.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is too much Environmental Regulation, and regulations period in California. Apparently we are still broke...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Not necessarily true. My uncle works for an Environmental company in So Cal as a consultant and he said there is plenty of water beneath the surface especially in California. If "they" said its depleted my question to you is, who are "they"?...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join