It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upgrades to ATS Infrastructure in the works! Important question for members.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Great work! Thank you so much for all that ALL of you do!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm scared.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Are any of you using your upload service here as a means for image-sharing on other websites? And if so, would it kill you if we stopped?

If we disallow sites other than ours from using our CDN bandwidth, we'd be able to see a significant cost-savings.

I know this is a couple weeks late, but I say nix all the cross-site image-sharing. I use Imgur for images on this site, and only use the ATS image upload for specific-ATS topics in which I want to make sure an image remains available for a long time (such as topics in the Ancient/Lost Civilizations forum.) Images that are political or current events related I use an offsite image host as those types of post are short-lived and I'm not that concerned if some image host (like Imgur) goes away.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
No problem here.
"get'er done."

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Greetings:

In the old days, we used to link certain images to ATS to generate traffic back to ATS, thinking our efforts to recruit might be appreciated.

NEVERMORE

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I know people believe CDN's are necessary when you reach a certain size/scale, but I'm not seeing it. It takes long enough for sites to load as is, why the super fast images are necessary? 20TB per month is less than 100mbps unmetered. Why not get a 100mbps burstable line and cut your costs dramatically?

Another thing... have you purchased equipment yet? I've got a hell of a lot more than 24 cores waiting to be populated in a datacenter right now.
edit on 2-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No issues negative on my end Captain-S.Overlord! I think you know best.
MS

edit on 2-6-2015 by mysterioustranger because: typo-sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I know people believe CDN's are necessary when you reach a certain size/scale, but I'm not seeing it. It takes long enough for sites to load as is, why the super fast images are necessary? 20TB per month is less than 100mbps unmetered. Why not get a 100mbps burstable line and cut your costs dramatically?

We're on a 1Gbps uplink.

The most important reason to deploy a CDN for a busy site is to reduce overall load on the primary web server(s).

Another thing... have you purchased equipment yet? I've got a hell of a lot more than 24 cores waiting to be populated in a datacenter right now.

Yes. We're running on the new hardware.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It's pretty quick right now, so I figured as much. That makes much more sense being about load, cause if it was about traffic and speed it made little to no sense. I'll have to reconsider my stance on CDN's, and perhaps end up forking out some bones for one later this year or next.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So, images which were linked on ATS servers and posted on other websites were all disabled - now images have been 'enabled' again and can appear on other websites - is this a glitch or a u-turn?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join